2015 MFP Grand Tour Challenge - SIgnup and Discussion Thread...

Options

Replies

• banshee1013
    banshee1013 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I'm in if there's a spot left - after the past few months with the spouse in the hospital, and then losing him last month, I need something to get me back out on the bike to try and regain some sanity and perspective.
  • steffenson
    steffenson Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    If you need someone to fill out a team I would like to join.
    Unfortunately my mileage (kilometerage?) will be very low this time around as due to family vising from out of the country and a 5 day on the water photo shoot my first free day to start biking will be Aug 30th!
  • anviljenkins
    anviljenkins Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    You can count me in if there is a spot :-)
  • faugsu
    faugsu Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    yes I'd like to ride too!
  • ntnunk
    ntnunk Posts: 936 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    TheBigYin wrote: »
    No problem - can't guarantee what team she's likely to be on, but there's a place reserved for her.

Not a problem at all. May even be best if she's on a different team since it may motivate her to ride more and help her team beat my team. :smile:

But either way. Same team, different team, it's all good. We're both just excited to be riding.

• TheBigYin
    TheBigYin Posts: 5,682 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Okay, so far that's
    1. TheBigYin
    2. m1xm0d3
    3. TDSeest
    4. Jakess1971
    5. jillyian
    6. anaconda469
    7. sufferlandrian
    8. hawkeyegal1995
    9. cowbellsandcoffee
    10. check_mate
    11. ntnunk
    12. KitTheRoadie
    13. rides4sanity
    14. Dave2041
    15. butters1
    16. Spatialized
    17. CentralCaliCycling
    18. MrsCentralCaliCycling
    19. canbbot
    20. webtracer
    21. cloggsy71
    22. kupe
    23. mdstamand
    24. banshee1013
    25. steffenson
    26. anviljenkins
    27. faugsu

Keep them coming folks - that's 9 places remaining, and just under a week left before the roll-out. I'd like to get the teams finalised ASAP now folks - as there's a whole bunch of Dossards to create, and I still don't seem to have the routes to be able to create the Ascent targets.

• Frannybobs
    Frannybobs Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Hiya Mark, declaring myself out of this one as well - moving house just at the start of the Vuelta and the new house is nearer to work, so it's only just over a 2 mile journey now so even if I only do commuter miles it's a bit rubbish these days. Will be a busy few weeks sorting out the new home, but I'm hoping to do them all in 2016. Hoping to get more weekend rides in when we both live in the same house and have our bikes together all the time :)

Buen suerte a todos!!
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    Frannybobs wrote: »
    Hiya Mark, declaring myself out of this one as well - moving house just at the start of the Vuelta and the new house is nearer to work, so it's only just over a 2 mile journey now so even if I only do commuter miles it's a bit rubbish these days. Will be a busy few weeks sorting out the new home, but I'm hoping to do them all in 2016. Hoping to get more weekend rides in when we both live in the same house and have our bikes together all the time :)

Buen suerte a todos!!

No worries Fran, and all the best with the move - and with all the packing that you're no doubt currently engaged in...

• Frannybobs
    Frannybobs Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    TheBigYin wrote: »

No worries Fran, and all the best with the move - and with all the packing that you're no doubt currently engaged in...

Thanks Mark - luckily as not sold my gaff yet we can move gradually but yes I have started the slow and painful process of packing everything up! How can one terraced house have so much stuff in it?!
  • stewartlayzell
    stewartlayzell Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Count me in if spaces are free :)
  • Cycle_pathic
    Cycle_pathic Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Please add lbchilds2001, he's on vacation this week, but asked me to respond on his behalf.
  • ToughMudderAddict
    ToughMudderAddict Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I'm going to be out for this one :( Trying to close on a home, pack, move, Tough Mudder is coming up.. I'm a mess!
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    well folks - finally got access to the maps so I'm at the start of a marathon mapping session at the moment... 4 stages in so far.

http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/817519705
    http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/817525201
    http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/818752069
    http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/818756075
  • Bram61
    Bram61 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Count me in please Mark.
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    Okay, so far that's
    1. TheBigYin
    2. m1xm0d3
    3. TDSeest
    4. Jakess1971
    5. jillyian
    6. anaconda469
    7. sufferlandrian
    8. hawkeyegal1995
    9. cowbellsandcoffee
    10. check_mate
    11. ntnunk
    12. KitTheRoadie
    13. rides4sanity
    14. Dave2041
    15. butters1
    16. Spatialized
    17. CentralCaliCycling
    18. MrsCentralCaliCycling
    19. canbbot
    20. webtracer
    21. cloggsy71
    22. kupe
    23. mdstamand
    24. banshee1013
    25. steffenson
    26. anviljenkins
    27. faugsu
    28. lbchilds2001
    29. Bram61

Keep them coming folks

• TheBigYin
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Count me in if spaces are free :)

Fine, I'll need you're Strava Athlete Name and Athlete URL before I can sign you up though...

or - if you can confirm that https://www.strava.com/athletes/4805854 is you, I can get straight onto it...

• sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,205 Member
    Options
    That's all we are doing this year is 12 stages right? Didn't I hear they were going to cut it short so we could get ready for Octoberfest? :laugh:
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    no, it's simply that 4 maps at a time Is about all I can stand to work through - the Vuelta has such convoluted routes with loops and "finishing circuits" and they're a PITA to sort the maps for. So, In an effort to not put my fist through my very expensive monitor in frustration, I restrict myself to 4 maps in any one session.