Did you swim today?

Options

Replies

• galabrielle98
    galabrielle98 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    3 miles in 2h 20m. Not the fastest swimmer in this group but I feel good. I was on vacation last week where I couldn't swim at all so I feel lucky that my body isn't totally dead yet :smile:
  • stephenrhinton
    stephenrhinton Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Stair Master kicked my butt yesterday, I could only stick with it for 15 minutes ...so I finished out my hour on a recumbent bike instead

I got maybe 200 meters in before the Aqua Zumba class started today. I figured staying and doing the class was better than bailing on my swim.
  • panhandle8
    panhandle8 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Did a quick mile as I got to the pool later than I should have.
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    LCroissant wrote: »
    I'm not sure I can go much faster, since he was making me mostly glide (as long as possible, then stroke)
    This is a good drill to mix into your swim routine with the kick and sculling drills. What it is doing is engaging your core and getting your body as long and Hydro dynamic as possible, reducing drag and improving stroke efficiency. More Distance per Stroke.
    LCroissant wrote: »
    How do you guys freestyle/crawl for half an hour to three hours straight?? I'm so impressed! Can't wait to make it to half an hour with proper breathing and not stopping :)
    Practise, Laps Laps and more Laps. I remember when I started I would swim to the end of the pool-hide in the corner and catch my breath as everyone lapped me. Slowly added laps overtime and less rest time in the corners.
    I can manage an hour - then we get kicked out of the Pool as that's how long the Lane swim is scheduled for. It doesn't matter what the exercise is the General Idea is the Same - Stick with it and slowly increase your distance and time. ( Weight Lifting, running, swimming etc ). I can't imagine Swimming for 3 hrs but then last year I couldn't imagine doing a Triathlon - Completed - Now I am hunting for a Triathlon Bike.
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Options
    fishgutzy wrote: »
    Turned in the pool access card on Monday.
    Bergen the CEO complaining about thinking or talking about anything but work while in China and getting hot in the head every time, it is just not worth the risk of permanent injury and pissing off the CEO anymore.
    Save the rest of rant for another day another topic.
    Looking forward to swimming safely at my YMCA when i get home again.

Well pfooey. But sounds like it may be the safest course of action!

Most definitely. Of course i also question the motives of the CEO too. I can't help wondering if the people aimed to find me a pool are told not to let me find a real swimmer's pool. He finally let it slip that he doesn't want us doing anything but work while in China. This is not the attitude he presented on the first trip.
    Conveniently i got a message from a company close by at home. So there is light at the end of the tunnel.
  • panhandle8
    Options
    Swam ~2000 yds in about 45 minutes. For some odd reason I was very short of breath and it wasn't pleasant.
  • aledba
    aledba Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    panhandle8 wrote: »
    Swam ~2000 yds in about 45 minutes. For some odd reason I was very short of breath and it wasn't pleasant.
    This happens to me often when it is the week of my period. Could this be the case for you possibly?
    Rhetorical, of course.

• stephenrhinton
    Options
    1800m in 62 minutes, 14 sprints
  • emmab0902
    emmab0902 Posts: 2,337 Member
    Options
    2650m
    60 minutes pool time

16X50 as 8 free on 60 8 kick on 80

4X200 free on 3.15 as 100 steady 100 build
    (Times were 2.46 2.47 2.48 2.45)

50 easy

12X25 fly kick hands behind back

4X150 pull with paddles pullbuoy and band

100 easy

Not a bad session!

• juliet3455
    Options
    fishgutzy wrote: »
    Conveniently i got a message from a company close by at home. So there is light at the end of the tunnel.
    Hoping for a change for you to improve the work/life balance. In the past I have had jobs that paid more but demanded to much of my life and walked away from them. No regrets on my part.
  • galabrielle98
    galabrielle98 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Finally achieved my goal of swimming 10 km in one go! Of course, it was in a pool and it was hardly record time ( 3h 40min) but I feel good.....albeit really hungry! :)
  • kallemann67
    kallemann67 Posts: 92 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Finally achieved my goal of swimming 10 km in one go! Of course, it was in a pool and it was hardly record time ( 3h 40min) but I feel good.....albeit really hungry! :)

Freakin heck! if that was open water is be thinking triumph but in a pool going back and forth back and forth back and forth back and forth back and forth ...... equals triple triumph
  • stephenrhinton
    Options

Jealous

~1800 m (i ended up in the wrong direction so I mustv'e dropped the count somewhere along the line). 61 min, mixed strokes, 15 sprints.

• girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options

Wow and WOW!!! That is awesome. And I agree that back and forth for almost 4 hours is incredible in and of itself! Were you listening to something? What do you think about for that long? I suppose that would be like anybody doing something over and over for that long. But still... I'm IMPRESSED! That's awesome!

So, tell us... what's your next goal? ;)
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    Got an unexpected swim in yesterday, about 1.5 miles. And then I thought the pool was closing last night, but it closes today, so I got back there this morning. Now, it's closed for two weeks. Wah!! But, they'll drain it, repair, clean, refill. It's all good (eventually). After seeing some of your pool stories, I realize what a great pool I have, and at a bargain too.

Still getting used to the burners, but working on it.
  • panhandle8
    Options
    Still getting used to the burners, but working on it.
    The burner fins? I love mine!

• panhandle8
    Options
    Swam a bit over a straight mile plus warm up and back fin work. It was interesting as my 10 year old kept interrupting me to ask questions. Took about 40 min.
  • juliet3455
    Options
    And then I thought the pool was closing last night, but it closes today, so I got back there this morning. Now, it's closed for two weeks. Wah!! But, they'll drain it, repair, clean, refill. It's all good (eventually). After seeing some of your pool stories, I realize what a great pool I have, and at a bargain too.

No swim Yesterday or Today. Helping a neighbor re-roof his house. Hoping to hit the pool Tomorrow and Monday morning / noon for some Splish/Splash.
    @girlwithcurls2 I feel your pain on the Pool Closing. Mine will close for the month of September as they replace the Air Handling System and upgrade the Water Handling Systems.
    @galabrielle98 Like Everyone Else Wowsers now that is a swim. Do that a few more times and we will be hearing about you crossing the English Channel.
    @stephenrhinton dang another Water Rat who has make great improvements in his Distance/Time accomplishments. Seems Like it wasn't that long ago and you were struggling to make one lap.
  • LauraRae2
    LauraRae2 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Curly-Girl, mine closes Monday until the 19th. I'm not sure what to do with myself!

Today's swim was fab. 1.5 miles, 80 minutes, the longest yet!

300 yds warm up
    4x 100 pull/100 side kick/100 sprint
    6x 50 yds interval+10
    4x 50 pull/50 kick/50 swim
    300 cool down, mixed strokes
  • juliet3455
    Options
    Started the Day with a 7km run with the local running club and then over to the pool for a 60 minute swim as it is the Final day for a month :'( .
    Full Triathlon distance 1500m front crawl then 200 breast and 200 back.