Did you swim today?

Options

Replies

• girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,263 Member
    Options
    juliet3455 wrote: »
    Started the Day with a 7km run with the local running club and then over to the pool for a 60 minute swim as it is the Final day for a month :'( .
    Full Triathlon distance 1500m front crawl then 200 breast and 200 back.

I LOVE days when I can follow a run or a really active, hot garden day with a good long swim :)
  • LauraRae2
    LauraRae2 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Felt super slow today but ended up just 6 seconds over my PR so I guess I wasn't that slow!

1 mile, all free, 40:05

And that was the last swim for 3 weeks, unless I can get into another pool between now and when my pool reopens after maintenance.
  • emmab0902
    emmab0902 Posts: 2,337 Member
    Options
    2350SCM
    Masters

400 free

10X50 kick as alt free/back

10X25 kick on side

4X150 as 50 br 50 back 50 free (90% effort)
    10s rest after each 50 and 60s after each 150
    This was frigging unpleasant!!!

5X100 as 25 br pull 25 scull 25 scull on back 25 free pull (all done with pullbuoy and paddles)

100 easy

• NoelFigart1
    NoelFigart1 Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    Finally achieved my goal of swimming 10 km in one go! Of course, it was in a pool and it was hardly record time ( 3h 40min) but I feel good.....albeit really hungry! :)

Woo! Hoo! Now you're a real for true marathon swimmer! Congratulations!

• rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    2700 y in 70 min. Damn, I hate swimming in the morning!
  • panhandle8
    panhandle8 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I had to force myself to keep swimming today. I was short of breath with increased heart rate just after my 200 warm up. Pushed another 100 warm up and then did 1900 yds. Frankly, it sucked.
  • stephenrhinton
    stephenrhinton Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    1750m in 62 minutes, all breast stroke, 20 sprint laps ...timed the mile this swim it was 56 minutes
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    panhandle8 wrote: »
    I had to force myself to keep swimming today. I was short of breath with increased heart rate just after my 200 warm up. Pushed another 100 warm up and then did 1900 yds. Frankly, it sucked.

Good for you for pushing through!

• LauraRae2
    LauraRae2 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    1750m in 62 minutes, all breast stroke, 20 sprint laps ...timed the mile this swim it was 56 minutes

That's impressive! My breast stroke is so darn slow.

Pool is closed for 3 weeks, and even if it weren't I'm working late all week so I couldn't get there before it would close for the day anyway. Did 3.36 miles walking with the dog tonight though. Worked up quite a sweat even! You know what kills me? I can do 3 miles with the dog in the same time it takes me to swim 1 mile!
  • Bruceapple
    Bruceapple Posts: 2,026 Member
    Options
    Yes, 1/2 mile @ 30 minutes :)
  • AquaticQuests
    AquaticQuests Posts: 945 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Sprints: 33m x 20 then 66m x 10, then a few IM sets.

The IM sets were difficult, as I need to regain my comfort in butterfly, back and breast, and all in the next 2 - 3 days as I prepare myself for an unexpected swim meet!
    Lots of choking and gulping on pool water during those IM laps.

With my concentration on freestyle, I've grown so much more in the zone with my freestyle, and so outside my comfort zone with the other strokes!
  • AquaticQuests
    edited September 2015
    Options
  • AquaticQuests
    Options
    LauraRae2 wrote: »
    AQ, I was focusing on engaging the core abd staying long yesterday. Through it all, I kept hearing my yoga instructors voice since those are things we focus on in yoga too!

Yep that's my current focus, engaging core and pulling long with rotation, and making sure it all works smoothly together - rotation, the pull and the kick, rather than all working against each other, or one area doing ALL the work!
    Bruceapple wrote: »
    Yes, 1/2 mile @ 30 minutes :)

Good to see you back in!
    Finally achieved my goal of swimming 10 km in one go! Of course, it was in a pool and it was hardly record time ( 3h 40min) but I feel good.....albeit really hungry! :)

Fantastic swim, and fantastic time! Whoa!

• htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Went camping for a few days and the grounds had a pool with a lap lane, so I swam twice while on vacation. Have no idea how much.
    Swam today-2000 yards about 48 min. Alternated 100 breast and 200 free.
    A friend is loaning me her Garmin swim this weekend so I will be able to track everything better. While on vacation I had a friend clock my 50 free-was 40 sec. It's a decent starting point I guess-after 18 yrs out of water and only getting back into swimming this past week. :smiley:
  • stephenrhinton
    stephenrhinton Posts: 522 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    1900m, 60 minutes, mixed strokes, 15 sprint lengths ..
  • emmab0902
    emmab0902 Posts: 2,337 Member
    Options
    2600SCM
    Masters

400 as 100 free 100 back 100 br 100 IM

2X400 IM as 50 drill 50 swim each stroke

8X75 pull

8X25 fly kick hands behind back

6X25 kick max effort

16X25 as alt max/steady (alt free/back by 50) on 35

50 easy

Loved this session!!!!
    :-)

• mpeters1965
    mpeters1965 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Nice work everyone! My one-week break turned into almost two weeks but I was back at it this morning. Not a super tough swim, about 1400yds. I did stop for about 5 minutes in the middle to watch the launch of the Atlas rocket from Cape Canaveral. After all my years in Florida, I just don't get tired of it. Then I finished my swim and was treated to a lovely sunrise turning the fluffy clouds all orange. All in all, it looks like I picked the right day to return.
  • aledba
    aledba Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I swam 750 m last night. Had to get home and do some batch cooking for the week so I didn't have much time. I did it almost all freestyle. I am training myself to look down when swimming and this is helping my breathing. I use less energy to keep my hips parallel and afloat this way, so I am less panicky and find it easier to keep the breathing in the right flow.
  • htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Wasn't planning on swimming today, but my friend was going to the pool and had his Garmin Swim for me to borrow, so I had to go! That is a fun little toy! So 2000 in 42 minutes today. Did 150 free/50 back or breast sets.
  • Bruceapple
    Bruceapple Posts: 2,026 Member
    Options
    Thanks for you concern AQ. I am pacing myself per doctors orders.