NSV's

Options

Replies

• glossbones
    glossbones Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    When I walk into the office every morning, I'm silhouetted in the reflection on the glass doors. I've started to see I have a really long slender neck based on the silhouette, where I used to feel like it was thick and short.
  • cottagegirl71
    cottagegirl71 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    almost back to school time for the kids means back to logging for me! I have kept pretty low carb all summer and surprised with all the socializing that I have not gained (so THAT is my NSV - I usually gain 5-10lbs over the summer with beer and bbqs).....can't wait to see the scale move now that I am back on track and have time to start exercising again next week! hope everyone has had an amazing summer and I look forward to catching up on your progress!
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    Lots of great NSV's!
    This morning as I was getting ready for a walk, I put on a top I haven't worn for a while that my husband bought me in June, shortly after I started on my healthier me mission. I didn't like wearing it then because it was very form fitting with no loose areas at all. Today, it looks like this!
    vostgjxtwsxa.jpg
  • DianaElena76
    DianaElena76 Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    Wow, that's awesome! I've been able to wear shirts I hadn't worn in a long time too! I actually fit into a pair of pajamas (shorts and a camisole) that had been really tight until very recently. I also happened to look at a photo album of pictures from when my 14-year-old was an infant and saw myself wearing that same outfit. Oops! I had no idea I'd had it that long! And the other night when I was looking for a tank top to throw on to sleep in, I came across one of my daughter's that has been in my drawer for over a year. It fit. I wore it. No shame. :)
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to each of you.

Since I can not remember I have a camera with me at all times I do not have many photos.

My Wal-Mart 'fat' clothes are not fitting very well after being down 50 pounds. I son (17) is the one with an eye for clothes in the family so I told him I wanted him to go to WM with me. He said it is time to upgrade to JC Penny's at least.

Actually a 38" belt in the largest position worked. Anyway I measured my old belt at 250 pounds setting. I have lost 6 inches at the belt line and 7 inches at the belly button line. I have lost one shoe size too.

While there is no room to grow in the slender 38 pants and large shirts they are no tighter than 44 pants and XL shirts were when I was 250 and will be too big when I lose the last 25 pounds over the next year.

I like my look in the new clothes even thought they to show where I still have fat to work on. :)
  • KittensMaster
    KittensMaster Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    Awesome Sunny_Bunny, Gale, and Miami on your success!

The shrinking in to old clothes is awesome!

I am down from XXXL to M.

There are no clothes!

So it is all new clothes for the last few months.

It is a nice feeling to get something that fits right and looks good.

Having a lap and seeing my belt buckle is a thing that makes me smile

Funny how some little things matter so much now

Congrats to everyone!

You are quite a great bunch and very inspiring!
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    I love hearing about everyone's different nsv's! So many great benefits to a healthier lifestyle!
  • mlinton_mesapark
    mlinton_mesapark Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    So much awesomeness in this thread! Way to go, and thanks for posting!

A few recent NSVs, in no particular order:

The skinny jeans and skinny pants I just bought are already not skin tight anymore... I may even exchange one of them for a smaller size, though I won't be able to fit into it just yet.

I've moved from 3lbs to 5lbs weights for the upper body work in my Barre Fit class (tons of reps, so the lightness of the weight is deceptive.)

I'm able to manage minor pains and injuries better than I ever could in the past. I'm catching things at the "yellow light" stage and able to rehab them before they turn into serious injuries. Lower back issues and plantar fasciitis pain, and minor neck/shoulder issues, specifically.

I still have arm flab, but it's much more subtle than it used to be.

My face is thinner. I no longer feel my cheeks hanging down when I'm in Down Dog, Forward Bend or other head-down postures.

I genuinely look forward to my workouts, and enjoy the busy morning routines around them. I used to wake up so hungry, I'd have to force myself not to be grumpy while feeding my kids and packing their lunches before feeding myself. This is a non-issue now. I can delay or skip breakfast, no problem.

I'm about 12 lbs from my goal weight, and in no hurry to get there, so I think I'm beginning the long, slow transition to the maintenance mindset. Yay!
  • DianaElena76
    DianaElena76 Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    So much awesomeness in this thread! Way to go, and thanks for posting!

A few recent NSVs, in no particular order:

The skinny jeans and skinny pants I just bought are already not skin tight anymore... I may even exchange one of them for a smaller size, though I won't be able to fit into it just yet.

I've moved from 3lbs to 5lbs weights for the upper body work in my Barre Fit class (tons of reps, so the lightness of the weight is deceptive.)

I'm able to manage minor pains and injuries better than I ever could in the past. I'm catching things at the "yellow light" stage and able to rehab them before they turn into serious injuries. Lower back issues and plantar fasciitis pain, and minor neck/shoulder issues, specifically.

I still have arm flab, but it's much more subtle than it used to be.

My face is thinner. I no longer feel my cheeks hanging down when I'm in Down Dog, Forward Bend or other head-down postures.

I genuinely look forward to my workouts, and enjoy the busy morning routines around them. I used to wake up so hungry, I'd have to force myself not to be grumpy while feeding my kids and packing their lunches before feeding myself. This is a non-issue now. I can delay or skip breakfast, no problem.

I'm about 12 lbs from my goal weight, and in no hurry to get there, so I think I'm beginning the long, slow transition to the maintenance mindset. Yay!

I love every little part of this. So incredible.
  • mlinton_mesapark
    Options
    Thanks @Mami1976D! :smiley:
  • lodro
    lodro Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    My very nice 32'' waist McLeod Ancient kilt fitted me again. In time for next week's Highland Games in Hank! Hurrah!
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    All of this is so awesome, there just aren't words!
  • Juliste
    Juliste Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    2Poufs wrote: »
    I posted my loss stats for the last year (I'm doing one each birthday) on my blog. I posted a picture without freaking out about it. Also, I did the actual numbers and although I still have a ways to go, I've come a long way. I guess I'm proud of myself. With my weight and heart, we weren't even sure I'd make it to 45 and here I am with great numbers. The non-scale number... total loss of 101.5 inches in 1 calendar year. Go me!

Yes definitely Go You!!! You should be very proud :smile:
  • minties82
    minties82 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    I have a face now, not just a marshmallow on the end of my neck.

20141122_103657_zpsbbh93z7h_edit_1440711471987_zpsdhcg4zh7.jpg
    20150819_090918_zps8hvinmxw.jpg
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    minties82 wrote: »
    I have a face now, not just a marshmallow on the end of my neck.

20141122_103657_zpsbbh93z7h_edit_1440711471987_zpsdhcg4zh7.jpg
    20150819_090918_zps8hvinmxw.jpg

Oh, wow! You're a whole different person!!! You look so much younger, brighter, and happier. I'm utterly floored. That is so great. You have to positively feel amazing looking at that!!!!
  • mlinton_mesapark
    Options
    ^^^^ Yes! @minties82 you are beautiful! And what a little sweetie you have in your arms.
  • mlinton_mesapark
    Options
    lodro wrote: »
    My very nice 32'' waist McLeod Ancient kilt fitted me again. In time for next week's Highland Games in Hank! Hurrah!

Very cool! Have fun! Post a pic if you get a chance.
  • lodro
    lodro Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    lodro wrote: »

Very cool! Have fun! Post a pic if you get a chance.

Hehe! Noted.
  • Sajyana
    Sajyana Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I love reading this thread. Congrats to all. So much happy.
  • MissMaggieElizabeth
    MissMaggieElizabeth Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    HA I had an unusual NSV. Tonight I was walking up the hall wearing one of my long house dresses. Dogs were walking with me and the one dog stepped on my dress dragging on the floor. It did not used to be that long. Now it does have so much holding it out in front back and sides it has grown way too long. Another dress to alter. I refuse to buy new until I hit goal.