what did you do for your body today?

Options

Replies

• amalik3511
    amalik3511 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Started the week with 2.5 mi walk and 10 mi bike....
  • amsdragonfly
    amsdragonfly Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I wasn't sure if this should be in "Struggles" or here, but I went to the NYS Fair today with my mom, and holy cow I actually stayed under my calorie goal. But the bad part is that I ate bad stuff today- funnel cake, blooming onion... but I ate much less than I normally would have (we threw away part of each). We also got chicken gyros which were much healthier than the fried foods.

We also walked all over the place cuz of being at the fair- that counts for exercise, right? :P Haha...
  • Queen_Celeste
    Queen_Celeste Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Remembered my allergy pill!
    Walked faster taking the kids to school (plus I was backpack carrying the 5 year old). Can't tell if I was sweating from walking fast (the way there is all up hill) or because its going to rain and is more humid today.
    Oh, and I have been working REALLY hard to eat better. Yesterday was an awesome day because I remembered to eat more protein and veg and less bread/carbs. I have adjusted my macro goals so I try to eat more proteins. Let's hope this works!
  • amsdragonfly
    Options
    Remembered my allergy pill!
    Walked faster taking the kids to school (plus I was backpack carrying the 5 year old). Can't tell if I was sweating from walking fast (the way there is all up hill) or because its going to rain and is more humid today.
    Oh, and I have been working REALLY hard to eat better. Yesterday was an awesome day because I remembered to eat more protein and veg and less bread/carbs. I have adjusted my macro goals so I try to eat more proteins. Let's hope this works!

Awesome! That sounds like improvement all around. Keep it up! :)
  • amsdragonfly
    Options
    I went back to work today- not teaching yet till the 8th but for conference days today and tomorrow. It was my first test to see if I can keep up my workout routines. I didn't get up early :( But I went on the treadmill 2.25 miles in 42 min with an incline after work so that's something!
  • Chrisv44
    Chrisv44 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Chrisv44 wrote: »
    Walked 4 miles fort thing this morning before sitting to study!

Btw, does any one use map my walk? I know the mileage is correct but what's up with the calories burned. Thinking it's not accurate...

I use the "Map My Fitness" app- It's the one with the blue and white icon. It seems pretty accurate to me. The only thing I found weird was that there's an area for "other" exercises, and riding your motorcycle was one of them. Haha- I have a motorcycle and I don't think I burn as many calories as it says I do while riding it, so I just don't log "riding your motorcycle" as an exercise. But for running/walking/ other things I think it's accurate.

So I know for sure the distance is correct (I checked it against my car). But the calories burned are off. I use the map my walk (blue and white) also. If you put the distance and speed into mfp it's off by almost half. I went a head and changed my wieght in the map my walk app. I put I weigh 200 lbs instead of 261. Now the calories burned matches to the mfp.
  • amsdragonfly
    Options
    Finally got up at 5am and jogged for 20 min!! Today is my first day back to teach so I feel like it is a good way to start the new school year. :D
  • amsdragonfly
    Options
    Got up again today before work in the dark and ran a mile on the treadmill. I actually woke up before my alarm too. Super surprised.. it's like my body wants to get in shape too :smiley:
  • CowboySar
    CowboySar Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Got up again today before work in the dark and ran a mile on the treadmill. I actually woke up before my alarm too. Super surprised.. it's like my body wants to get in shape too :smiley:

Yay!!!!
  • amalik3511
    Options

keep it up...
  • amsdragonfly
    Options
    btcowboy wrote: »

Yay!!!!
    amalik3511 wrote: »

keep it up...

Thanks you guys!! BT- I really didn't think I could do it- thanks for the advice/support before on getting up early. Just DO IT. :D
  • amsdragonfly
    Options
    I went on a field trip with my middle-schoolers hiking all day up and down a mountain in the area. Overall we went about 6-7 miles on foot. It was great, and I'm super glad I went with them. Great exercise- my body is sooooo tired but mentally I am soooo pumped I did it.
  • amsdragonfly
    Options
    Felt crappy this morning- but I got up anyway and ran almost two miles on the treadmill before work. Been doing that all week. Glad it's finally Friday!
  • amalik3511
    Options
    My first 5k:

Completed under sun, started at 0830 hrs, completed in 61 min 57 sec.

Way to get to 50 day streak...
  • CowboySar
    CowboySar Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    My first 5k:

Congrats, keep it up
  • Kiismyaces
    Kiismyaces Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    My first 5k:

Wasnt it fun? I like the obstacle course ones. I attempt and don't succeed in all, but it's fun!
  • amsdragonfly
    Options
    Allergies from the goldenrod in my area kicking my butt- I didn't get up this morning to exercise because I felt like crap. But this afternoon at dusk my husband and I took our three dogs out for a two mile brisk walk- and that felt really good. :)
  • amalik3511
    Options
    Allergies from the goldenrod in my area kicking my butt- I didn't get up this morning to exercise because I felt like crap. But this afternoon at dusk my husband and I took our three dogs out for a two mile brisk walk- and that felt really good. :)

Nice...
  • amalik3511
    Options
    I started some serious weight lifting this week...two days in I feel like dead....my arms and thighs are sore, am not even able to drink water from my cup easily....worst of all, this soreness will remain there for at least 2 weeks as I have been told and my friend says do not expect weight loss until soreness goes away. Really?
  • amsdragonfly
    Options
    Got home from work and it started sprinkling out- started to use that as an excuse to not run in my head, but then I was like "how is rain stopping me- really?" So I ran in the rain- two miles in 22 minutes. :)