NSV's

Options

Replies

• Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    2Poufs wrote: »
    Can I consider it an NSV that my fitness tracker app is food shaming me? Lol
    I just got a Jawbone Up24 cuz I found it for a ridiculous 19.98 at Target! The app is really nice and syncs with MFP, but it grades your food on a scale of 1 - 10, with 10 being the best food choices based on the SAD diet. I am flunking at eating like a proper American. Lol

It would have been an even lower score if I had eaten a more appropriate amount of fat yesterday. Fats were a lower proportion than they should've been really.

I always know I'm eating right when my "moderation" friends freak out at my fat consumption that day and send me an "are you sure that's right?" message.

Lol! A true indicator you're doing the right things! ;)
  • Sajyana
    Sajyana Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    2Poufs wrote: »
    I went to a yoga class this morning. I went inside and didn't drive back home. I put on a brave face when I heard the mooing and the fat comments. I spoke to people anyway. I managed to ignore the childish tittering when I stumbled. I said goodbye without bursting into tears. I didn't come home and have an anxiety attack. I didn't have a few drinks. I didn't emotionally eat. I didn't retreat into a book. I scheduled myself into another class.

To me: A pat on the back and a YAY ME!
    To them: F you. This is about me. For once, I'm making this about me. Not... Is hubby happy? Are the kids happy? Is this too expensive? Is anyone inconvenienced? Should I have been cleaning house? Did my fat make you uncomfortable? Nope, it's about me. Screw you.

Some NSVs are about what didn't happen. I didn't freak out. I didn't give in. I didn't give up. Go me.

This is just awful behaviour and speaks volumes about their character. Screw them! Yay for you. <3
  • Sajyana
    Options
    :D Kittensmaster that's quite a feat.

So many people rocking those sizes!!!!! B)

I went for a walk this morning. It's very hilly where we live. Our house is about halfway up the hill. I used to not be able to walk back up the hill without stopping because I was gasping for air. This morning I walked up to the top of the hill, across the top and down the side, then back around the bottom AND up the hill to our house without stopping, without gasping the air, without my legs feeling like they'd fall off and I could still hold a conversation at the top. I'm pretty damn happy with that.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Options
    Sajyana wrote: »
    :D Kittensmaster that's quite a feat.

So many people rocking those sizes!!!!! B)

I went for a walk this morning. It's very hilly where we live. Our house is about halfway up the hill. I used to not be able to walk back up the hill without stopping because I was gasping for air. This morning I walked up to the top of the hill, across the top and down the side, then back around the bottom AND up the hill to our house without stopping, without gasping the air, without my legs feeling like they'd fall off and I could still hold a conversation at the top. I'm pretty damn happy with that.

That's awesome! A real NSV for sure!
  • Sajyana
    Options
    I have another for today. This is one of our busiest weeks of the year. My birthday, my daughter's birthday, father's day and our wedding anniversary (15th this year) all fall within a week. My daughter was actually born on father's day. I made it through the entire week, including parties, without gaining any weight at all. B)
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Options
    Sajyana wrote: »
    I have another for today. This is one of our busiest weeks of the year. My birthday, my daughter's birthday, father's day and our wedding anniversary (15th this year) all fall within a week. My daughter was actually born on father's day. I made it through the entire week, including parties, without gaining any weight at all. B)

Collecting NSV's one after the other!
    We all are! So many rewards for sticking to our good choices!
  • spacetastic
    spacetastic Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Thanks Sunny_Bunny
  • ki4eld
    ki4eld Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    @Sajyana Those are pretty big NSVs, especially the additional stamina. You're getting better every day!
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    It's snowy around here today, so I was digging out my jeans, since I only have one pair that I like the fit of now (they were painfully, muffin top tight 2 months ago).

I arrange my pants pile with the largest sizes on top (since that's what I wear, right?) to the smallest on the bottom. The first three jeans were too big and looked goofy even with a belt (sizes 12 and 14!). The next two fit well but need a belt or they start to slide off (size 12). There was an old faded size 10 that fits perfectly (they're so old that I don't remember wearing them), and then finally there was a size 8 that I could get into but not do up the button.

Yay! I skipped a couple of pant sizes this summer and am back into my slimmer jeans! I'll know I've arrived when I get back into those 8's (which I was able to wear for about 6 months five years ago LOL).

Also, I got out my puffy, Michelin-man style vest yesterday - the one I could not comfortably do up last year because I would pop the snaps open if I breathed - and it was so loose and roomy! Almost too big.

I LOVE this diet.... :)
  • danidanibobani
    danidanibobani Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I just realized that I weigh less than my driver's license, and I was not being *ahem* entirely truthful when I got it. Victory!
  • KittensMaster
    KittensMaster Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    I had a park to myself today

It was awesomely peaceful

j6zm5mbma8jp.jpg
  • Sajyana
    Options
    Oh gosh! That's a beautiful park.
  • nikoba
    nikoba Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    that sure is a pretty park...envy!
  • Fvaisey
    Fvaisey Posts: 5,506 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    nvmomketo wrote: »
    It's snowy around here today, so I was digging out my jeans

WTH did you say?!? You take that back!

• KittensMaster
    Options
    I was the only bike in the rack!

It rained earlier so nobody was out.

puw7cn4f12jc.jpg
    qy7l2vbtbzyf.jpg
  • minties82
    minties82 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    Those trees are beautiful, nice bike too! Do you ever go biking with other people or do they just slow you down? Do you bike in the 'wilderness' most times?

My weight has gone up, then down, then up, then down a little, sigh. But my waist and hips have shrunk a bit. On the 16th July it was 96cm and today it was 87cm. My starting measurement was 127cm on Jan 4th (omg!).
  • KittensMaster
    Options
    I ride with a few groups

Where we draft and ride very close and draft. You need to be selective on who you ride with that they ride sensibly If you are going 25 down a hill in a group of 8 you don't want a guy looking at his phone !

I have been riding 20 miles fast to train for a sprint triathlon

It is a decent workout.

But you really try to ride at 90% heart rate max so you don't set yourself up for a bad run or swim.

It is just nice to be the active person now.

It still seems surreal.

Weight loss is worth the sacrifice and work.
  • pjwoodhouse
    pjwoodhouse Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I am wearing my goal pants at work today :)
  • dasher602014
    dasher602014 Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    I am wearing my goal pants at work today :)

I misread goalie pants and did wonder! Good for you for wearing your goal pants. I am not there yet but I did pull out a pair of pants I worn a decade ago, and they fit. Good thing because I need them for a wedding next week!
  • KenSmith108
    KenSmith108 Posts: 1,966 Member
    Options
    My short's waist band & the pocket of my tee-shirt almost touch each other.
    I'm waiting for the Fashion Police to take me away. :D