Replies

• marekdds
    marekdds Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    That is huge! Good for you Nikki!
  • nikkib0103
    nikkib0103 Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    Thanks, Bill and Jen. Losing weight definitely leads to gaining control in other areas. Probably cuz now I have more energy to do so.
  • marekdds
    Options
    I grow weary of the weighing and the logging and the exercise, (been at this 4 years, 3 on maintenance). Most recent NSV - even though I REALLY didn't want to go, made myself exercise 45 minutes, part of which was jogging for 20 minutes. Never would have happened 5 years ago.
  • UncleMac
    UncleMac Posts: 12,959 Member
    Options
    marekdds wrote: »
    I grow weary of the weighing and the logging and the exercise, (been at this 4 years, 3 on maintenance). Most recent NSV - even though I REALLY didn't want to go, made myself exercise 45 minutes, part of which was jogging for 20 minutes. Never would have happened 5 years ago.
    Good work, Jen!!
  • nikkib0103
    Options

You inspire us to keep going, Jen
  • camblin
    camblin Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    vwbol36zqs8k.jpg
    Made it to the top of the Manitou Incline.
  • camblin
    Options
    42iwj1dlb4mu.jpg
    And we survived this accidental "off-trail" experience. That is my son in the picture trying to convince his German Shepherd to come down a granite cliff. I think a good rule of thumb is that if your German Shepherd isn't willing to go there, you probably shouldn't expect your 51 year old mother to do it. The last trail sign we saw designated it as a "DIFFICULT" trail. At one point, we had to hook the dog lead to a tree and kind of rappel down the rocks. We were so relieved when we saw signs of civilization again.
  • marekdds
    Options
    OMG. gorgeous photos and supreme kudos to you. I agree about the dog.
  • mk2fit
    mk2fit Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Congrats! What a beautiful place.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    The gym needs to replace their AC unit in the Spin room but I took Spin anyway; and my scores were pretty good !!!
  • sunnyazgirl
    sunnyazgirl Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    nikkib0103 wrote: »
    Yesterday I cleaned out my drawers and closet. I donated numerous pieces that are too big for me. Even though I wore some of these pieces just last week! Because I am going to now dress for where I am at, and not holding on to stuff in case I gain. This is huge for me. I did keep a couple of larger t's for hanging around the house or sleeping but they are not going to be worn in public. I have always been afraid to toss out the bigger stuff, in case. Now I am determined to toss the safety net and just not go back.

Great job! I do that, too. If it is too big to be comfortable, throw it out! No one wants to wear clown pants. :) That way you will be reminded if you have to get back on the wagon. I have better things to do with my money than to buy bigger clothes. Now, buying smaller clothes, I can afford! B)
  • UncleMac
    Options
    Not sure if this counts as a NSV...

Session with the personal trainer started with the leg press. We've been ramping up the weights. Yesterday's leg press was the toughest one yet... three sets of:

10 x 180lbs for each single leg
    20 x 450lbs both legs

After the third set, when I crawled off of the machine, my muscles were trembling. Then we did seated leg curls.
  • nikkib0103
    Options
    UncleMac wrote: »
    Not sure if this counts as a NSV...

Session with the personal trainer started with the leg press. We've been ramping up the weights. Yesterday's leg press was the toughest one yet... three sets of:

10 x 180lbs for each single leg
    20 x 450lbs both legs

After the third set, when I crawled off of the machine, my muscles were trembling. Then we did seated leg curls.

It's an NSV. You're doing great!
  • marekdds
    Options
    Oh, yeah, that is an NSV.
  • UncleMac
    Options
    Oh, yeah, that is an NSV.
    I was expecting DOMS but it was less severe than anticipated and focused mainly in my glutes.
  • Farback
    Farback Posts: 1,068 Member
    Options
    Squats at 250, deadlifts at 250, lat pull downs at 320 for sets of 5. I'm not really strong, but I have 59 years of momentum
  • UncleMac
    Options
    Those are respectable numbers. Anytime you're moving more than your bodyweight, you're doing good things.

I repeated the 10x180lbs & 20x450lbs three times again today followed (again) by the seated leg curls. I asked what we're trying to achieve. He said he wanted to be confident of my endurance before doing heavy testing in preparation for a change of cycle. He figures my max lift will be +700lbs. If my memory of periodization is right, I'm going to be doing short rep & heavy weights for a couple of weeks...
  • camblin
    Options
    0un795sigotb.jpg Last summer's jeans...this summer's jeans.
  • marekdds
    Options
    Marvelous Farback, Mac and camblin. All great NSV's.
  • JMarcella57
    JMarcella57 Posts: 1,902 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    camblin wrote: »
    Last summer's jeans...this summer's jeans.
    Great picture. Loving it!!!