Recent NSV?

Options

Replies

• Ultima_Morpha
    Ultima_Morpha Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    My wide calf knee high boots are way too big!
  • RENAEJAE
    RENAEJAE Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Went shopping with my teen daughters yesterday and had a blast trying on the same clothes they tried on. Slipped into a size 10 dress pants! I was wearing a 24 this past December!! So liberating!!!
  • crepes_
    crepes_ Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    People have been calling me pretty lately, and I've been receiving so much more attention. I'm used to being invisible and this is a whole new type of normal for me. I hardly know how to react. I keep checking over my shoulder to find who they're talking to, but it's just me!

That, and my husband's new favorite past time is hugging me because he likes how he can grab his elbows behind my back.
  • anbrdr
    anbrdr Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Shaved off the beard on Friday, picked up some current sized clothes, and got the hair cut. I've had 4 people at work tell me that I don't even look like the same person since the last time they saw me. Feels good, man...
  • martabeerich
    martabeerich Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I am SO enjoying reading these!
    Me, today: finally returned to my water exercise class post-surgery. It's been 5 weeks. Two people gaped. One said I was "teeny."
    Then I came home and shopped my closet. I found some of those "when I'm smaller these will fit" clothes. Some I literally did not remember having. I'm washing 5 pairs of jeans to take to the consignment store because they're too big. Saying bye to my (used-to-be) favorite jeans!
  • sinderstorm
    sinderstorm Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    g4bvgroof19j.jpg
    Size 10 skinny jeans!!!
  • kimgravitt3
    kimgravitt3 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    You go sinderstorm!!!!
  • tugsandpulls
    tugsandpulls Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    My son hugged me and said "this is the first time I can wrap my arms all the way around you, mom!"

Cool
  • anbrdr
    Options
    Went to the gym last night and forgot my card, so the guy had to look me up by name.
    A few minutes into my warm up, he walks up to me, gives me like 3 high-fives, and is crazy excited. He is talking about how I'm barely recognizable from the picture of me they have on file. Apparently it's a full-body pic from early last year (and I was quite bearded).
    After my workout and on the way out, he flags me down, and shows me the picture. I personally don't see too much difference, but I think that's a self-image issue. He wanted to take a new picture for my profile, but I declined. I told him that I was not "done yet, and have many miles to go".
  • martabeerich
    Options
    Awesome story, anbrdr!
  • cmchandler74
    cmchandler74 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Went to the thrift store at lunch today to get some new-to-me clothes. Size 10 pants, baby! I've never worn size 10 pants as an adult. Ever.
  • martabeerich
    Options
    Yay!
  • anbrdr
    Options
    sweet!
  • Trayjay33
    Trayjay33 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    g4bvgroof19j.jpg
    Size 10 skinny jeans!!!

Good job!!
  • Trayjay33
    Trayjay33 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Congratulations all!!
  • QuilterGirl3
    QuilterGirl3 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I went canoeing with the hubby. So awesome.
  • JudiMoving2
    JudiMoving2 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I can wear knee high boots! And they're not WIDE calf!
  • gdnplnty
    gdnplnty Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Today, I crossed my legs at the knees, not at my ankles.
  • ThinGwen
    ThinGwen Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Yesterday, I had raw veggies at every meal! And my tummy was fine! Yay for real food!
  • anbrdr
    Options
    Treadmilled my first 5k!!!
    1.5 incline
    Total distance: 3.25 miles
    Total time: 37.5 minutes
    Pace setting: 5.6

"OH Yeah!!" --Kool Aid Man