Did you swim today?

Options

Replies

• girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,259 Member
    Options
    Another Bad Math Day ;) Ms J's workout + lots of other stuff. Ended up in the pool for an hour and 40 min. That's my longest time doing laps. It is veeerrrryyyy slow, but I'm OK with that for now. Working on good form ("working toward" I don't have it yet) and muscle memory. Overall, a good swim.
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    Another Bad Math Day ;) Ms J's workout + lots of other stuff. Ended up in the pool for an hour and 40 min. That's my longest time doing laps. It is veeerrrryyyy slow, but I'm OK with that for now. Working on good form ("working toward" I don't have it yet) and muscle memory. Overall, a good swim.

Great workout!
  • NoelFigart1
    NoelFigart1 Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    1500 43:06

I overdid it on the weights yesterday, so the swim was HARD. Still another gummybear for the jar.
  • gentlygently
    gentlygently Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Great swimming progress to read about here (I am also in the - oh go for it Tri wise' camp Stephen, well done Emma B!) and congrats to all of us for keeping it going, and thanks for the encouragement too Noel.

I enjoyed the typos - is day or night sin more fun RoseB? - and also my misreading - I read your gummy bears as grumpy Bears noel....and I suspect I am right!

I had a so so swim today. Went up town for my swim lesson but there was some mistake, and no teacher. So I had 2 x15 min swims (short, overly warm pool but nice and empty) sandwiching a very nice 15 minute float on my back waiting for the teacher....

It was going to be butterfly....still, I have all the pleasure of anticipation all over again I guess.
  • nuffer
    nuffer Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Played a little hooky to get in the pool at noon with the goal of doing 3000 yards in 90 minutes. Made it in 71. I think I'm going to need to start doing intervals to get my speed increased so I can get under an hour.
  • troutgulch
    troutgulch Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Laura. I swam a mile today in about 45 minutes. It was nice because the pool wasn't busy. I swim in a small pool...I need to swim 88 single laps to make a mile.
  • mpeters1965
    mpeters1965 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Swam an hour. 1800 yds, I think. 500 yds freestyle at the beginning and end and I worked on both breast and back stroke in the middle, along with some drills.
  • troutgulch
    Options
    I swam for about 45 minutes--all freestyle. I had the pool to myself. I would do backstroke, but the pool where I swim doesn't have flags hanging overhead and I swim all over the place without them!
  • mpeters1965
    mpeters1965 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    troutgulch wrote: »
    I swam for about 45 minutes--all freestyle. I had the pool to myself. I would do backstroke, but the pool where I swim doesn't have flags hanging overhead and I swim all over the place without them!

Welcome, Laura! I only swim backstroke indoors, when I can follow a rafter or something. Outside, I'm with you!
  • emmab0902
    emmab0902 Posts: 2,337 Member
    Options
    2700SCM
    2X100 RIM
    4X50 free on 60
    3X400 as
    #1 90% effort (5.32 which is actually about 14s faster than when I raced it last year lol)
    #2 kick alt 100 free 100 back
    #3 pull with paddles
    30s ri
    20X50 as
    Odds 90% effort
    Evens steady br
    15s ri
    10 easy
    Dunno what the last set qualifies as but it wasn't fun. And when you aren't a breaststroker the steady br doesn't qualify as recovery!
  • NoelFigart1
    Options
    1100 30:50

Lazy workout.
  • emmab0902
    emmab0902 Posts: 2,337 Member
    Options
    2500SCM

50 100 200 free technique

400 free build last 100

2X200 kick 1st free 2nd back

8X50 IMO on 60

400 pull as 50 fr/25 br/25 fly (!!!)

8X50 as 4 free 4 back build on 60

150 easy

Fly pull is my new most hated thing!
  • troutgulch
    Options
    troutgulch wrote: »

Welcome, Laura! I only swim backstroke indoors, when I can follow a rafter or something. Outside, I'm with you!
    LOL!
  • NoelFigart1
    Options
    2050 57:52
  • stephenrhinton
    stephenrhinton Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Im baaack ...So I swam twice over the week I was at the beach. About an hour and a half each time, but no clue as to distance, etc. First time doing any real open water swimming (other than light recreation).

Today I am back home and trying to restart my 'routine' which I have been struggling with in the last several weeks.

61 minutes, 2200 meters, 28 sprint lengths, mixed strokes.
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,259 Member
    Options
    Stephen, where are you? I was at the beach last week too... the north Pacific. I was looking out at the crashing waves and thinking to myself, "Surely this isn't what people mean when they talk about open water swimming??" The waves were crashing so loud, we had to shut the sliding door at the motel to watch a movie.

I'm sorry you are struggling right now. I am too, but it's interesting to me that when I am not "feeling it," my thoughts to go all of you. I think of Mac and his "one more lap" mantra, the folks who sprint a length every few laps to work on their speed, people working so hard on their goals (which are much loftier than my own). You, Stephen, are one of the people I think of when I'm pushing myself to keep going. Hopefully you'll get your groove back soon. In the meantime, keep at it. One of the things I love about mfp is that all of you are here, with wildly different abilities and goals. As my daughter would say, "There's a place for everyone." :heart:
  • NoelFigart1
    Options
    1500 40:50 I changed up part of my morning routine. I'd always been training first thing in the morning before breakfast, so I've been doing it on an empty stomach. My times on Saturday mornings, when I swim AFTER breakfast made me start thinking that maybe I should reconsider swimming fasted.

I had half a minibagel with some peanut butter with my morning drink of water and vitamin. Yeah, I think this is really what I should be doing. I know it sounds weird at my weight, but yeppp. Gotta fuel the workout.

As my daughter would say, "There's a place for everyone." :heart:

Smart daughter. FWIW, I think that you'll always look at people and see people who you consider more awesome than yourself. Nature of the beast. But stubbornly keeping at it even when one isn't feeling it most CERTAINLY is worthy of admiration!

• juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Options
    I have been out of the water for 11 days - Local Running Club/Cross Country Ski Group has kept me busy trying to clean up some of the Wilderness Running trails for the Transition to Winter Cross Country Skiing, especially the Hills - nothing like hitting a little downhill slope and getting slapped in your face with an overhanging branch.
    45 mins - 1200m Mixed sets.
    Everyone is Doing Great - keep it going good people.
  • SwimmyD
    SwimmyD Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody!
    Just joined this group. Back in the water after a very long absence from the pool....like years and years...
  • troutgulch
    Options
    [/
    SwimmyD wrote: »
    Hi everybody!
    Just joined this group. Back in the water after a very long absence from the pool....like years and years...

Welcome! I started up after many years of not swimming about six months ago. I've been loving it! Laura