Daily Check In Thread -- 10k+ version

Options

Replies

• Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    LLduds wrote: »
    I guess I should have mentioned that my weight has been holding steady for about 10 weeks. I've kind of lost hope for a whoosh at this point. I seem to be maintaining at 1650/day, when all calculations have my maintenance at 2000-2100. I don't want to freak out and make a drastic cut because I don't want my running to suffer, but man, this is some B.S.!!! My BMR is supposedly 1350 so I really don't have much wiggle room (I'm only 5'3"). I'm not exactly sitting around obsessing about it but it doesn't make any sense so it is frustrating.

I maintain(ish) at 1510. I'm just under 5'3".
  • LLduds
    LLduds Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    I guess I should have mentioned that my weight has been holding steady for about 10 weeks. I've kind of lost hope for a whoosh at this point. I seem to be maintaining at 1650/day, when all calculations have my maintenance at 2000-2100. I don't want to freak out and make a drastic cut because I don't want my running to suffer, but man, this is some B.S.!!! My BMR is supposedly 1350 so I really don't have much wiggle room (I'm only 5'3"). I'm not exactly sitting around obsessing about it but it doesn't make any sense so it is frustrating.

That is interesting! Do formulas like Harris Benedict have your maintenance as significantly higher based on your physical activity? Maybe we are both special snowflakes :)
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options

oh i hear you.
    just keep weighing everything. take body measurements. maybe that's where you will see changes.
  • Just_Ceci
    Options

That is interesting! Do formulas like Harris Benedict have your maintenance as significantly higher based on your physical activity? Maybe we are both special snowflakes :)

I haven't really looked at online calculators. I eat back some of my exercise calories. I don't weigh my food. (I'm actually not logging food right now, since I've been maintaining for 2 years. I'm trying to continue maintaining without logging.)
  • Just_Ceci
    Options
    Almost forgot my run report! I ran with my friend near her house at the lake this morning. The weather was perfect! We ran 10.43 miles in under 2 hours with over 900 feet elevation difference. We ran down the hill to the river at the base of the dam and then up over the dam to the overlook.

View from above the dam looking toward the river:
    12190873_10153726892664414_8239646658354750962_n.jpg?oh=19f52e266b55f2963376a611cac87994&oe=56BDE26D

Selfie with the dam in the background:
    12191918_10153726890784414_5945598791815020597_n.jpg?oh=05b1896e2f1a13d02be6644b9866c2e1&oe=56C21450
  • KRPolo
    KRPolo Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I decided to do the 5k today and am so glad I did! After a kind of crappy run the other day, I got a new pair of sneakers and they made a big difference today. I did walk up one long hill but otherwise ran the rest and finished with a time that was 3 minutes faster than the race I did in July when I completed the c25k. Feeling motivated to keep going again! Thanks to everyone for your kind words and advice.
  • JSC145
    JSC145 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Hi, friends!

I know, i know... I've been MIA and terrible about updating.

but believe it or not, i've continued to keep running and guess WHAT? I ran my first half marathon today! My official time was 2hrs 50 min (13:03 min/mile pace)

wahoo! Thank you, thank you to all of you for the support, especially at the beginning of my training when I hadn't told anyone around me of my goals.

9tc5jpbv6d8w.jpg
  • rebeccatherine
    rebeccatherine Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Hey there, sort of new-ish around here. I'm doing a 5K to 8K program (and will continue to 10K after that), and I started week 2 this morning. A bit on the cold side - it was 38F when I started. Since I don't like treadmills I want to run outside as much as possible until it's too snowy/icy to do so, which will be soon as I live in a state that borders Canada and we usually have snow by now.

All of your posts have been so inspiring to help keep me going after doing C25K this summer!
  • KRPolo
    Options
    @JSC145 awesome job- congratulations!! We did c25k "together" on the other group. You should be so proud of how far you have come! You are my inspiration to get caught up after taking some time away from running. I did my first 5k in months today, and am going to try to be ready for a ten miler in May. Keep up the good work!!
  • KRPolo
    Options
    Well, I jumped back in at week 10 of the zen labs 10k app this morning. Today was supposed to be a day off since I did the 5k yesterday, but I felt great this morning and just felt like a run. Is it ok to run a few days In a row at this point if I feel ok? I really enjoyed my run this morning- just hope the weather stays like this for a while as I hate the cold and running on treadmills! Have a wonderful Sunday everyone.
  • JSC145
    JSC145 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Thanks, @KRPolo I'm just now skimming through and catching up with the board. So sorry to hear about your loss. But I'm glad you're planning to get back on track. You can do it!
    KRPolo wrote: »
    @JSC145 awesome job- congratulations!! We did c25k "together" on the other group. You should be so proud of how far you have come! You are my inspiration to get caught up after taking some time away from running. I did my first 5k in months today, and am going to try to be ready for a ten miler in May. Keep up the good work!!

• mbaker566
    Options
    No run. Still sick. Body is tired from the coughing
  • samra338
    samra338 Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options
    Well done @JSC145
    I signed up for the charity miles app...three runs this week for charity :) All 3 were short runs 2 to 4 miles, but was happy to see that my 'easy pace' has improved to 12.5 mins per mile.
  • maggiekat7
    maggiekat7 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    @KRPolo, so sorry for your loss. :(

I've been exceptionally busy planning to sell our home and relocate to a different part of town. We've also restructured our business, and it's proven far more complicated than I ever dreamed. I haven't run in a month, and when I committed to a 5 km jog this morning I knew it was going to be an ego blow. Ugh. I can't believe 6 weeks ago I happily ran 12 km . . . and today's "easy run" just WASN'T.

Oh well, I've dusted my pride off and adjusted to my new fitness level. It just felt great to be out doing something I've grown to enjoy. Hopefully things slow down this winter to allow more time running.
  • mbaker566
    Options
    @maggiekat7 I'm sure you know that bad runs happen but bad runs happen. maybe you mind just wasn't in it with all the business stuff

still sick. skipped my run on saturday. redoing last week on my schedule. I decided to try to run just to see how it felt. it felt good. I had a good pace. Only hacked up some crud twice.
    I'm deciding to see the dr today or not. I feel like I'm on the mend but I'm not sure.
  • LLduds
    Options
    Holy schnikes - look at all these runners and their posts!! I'm going to have to step up my game!!
    Just kidding, I slept in (again).
  • Just_Ceci
    Options
    Holy schnikes - look at all these runners and their posts!! I'm going to have to step up my game!!

Get on it! :smile:

I'll be in the Houston area later this week. I spent a large amount of time looking at runs in the area for the weekend, but didn't find any that really spoke to me! I'm taking my running gear, we'll see!
  • LLduds
    Options

I'll be in the Houston area later this week. I spent a large amount of time looking at runs in the area for the weekend, but didn't find any that really spoke to me! I'm taking my running gear, we'll see!

Texas Bridge series final race is Sunday - LaPorte Half Marathon!!! You should run it with me!!!
  • Just_Ceci
    Options

Texas Bridge series final race is Sunday - LaPorte Half Marathon!!! You should run it with me!!!

If I was in any kind of shape to run a half, I'd do it. :neutral:
  • LLduds
    edited November 2015
    Options
    The time limit is 4 hours though...you could walk most of it and still make that time!
    http://www.laportebythebayhalfmarathon.org/index.html

But it is a little pricey to sign up the week of....