Daily check in for Keto friends...

Replies

• Fvaisey
    Fvaisey Posts: 5,506 Member
    I went so far off plan yesterday. Starting a detox/reset today with a water fast. Feeling better already.
  • LeslieinOC
    LeslieinOC Posts: 14 Member
    Thanks for the welcome Christie and Jess! Is there an easy way to keep up on comments on posts I'm following or do I just keep checking back? Still learning my way around here!
  • Fvaisey
    There is a star on the line with the title of the thread to mark it as a favorite. And there is a star toward the top of the page that will show you your favorites. Clicking this will also show you if there are new posts.
  • LeslieinOC
    Thanks Fvaisey! I'll do that.
  • 4031isaiah
    4031isaiah Posts: 1,253 Member
    LeslieinOC wrote: »
    Thanks for the welcome Christie and Jess! Is there an easy way to keep up on comments on posts I'm following or do I just keep checking back? Still learning my way around here!

When I click on "Community" the little bell turns red and shows the # of new messages on this thread.
  • 4031isaiah
    Christmas potluck at work today... And that's all I have to say about that...
  • Fvaisey
    4031isaiah wrote: »
    Christmas potluck at work today... And that's all I have to say about that...

Yes, ours was on Monday, then our barbershop group had a party. I was so stuffed at the end of the day I could hardly move. I don't know how I ever survived the holidays before... Have fun!
  • LeslieinOC
    Made a huge pot of bean soup with smoked turkey yesterday for a family dinner tonight. Making peanut butter cookies, banana bread, and chocolate chip "Mrs. Fields" cookies today. Why oh why do I do this to myself?? Because it's expected? Because I try to love people through food - even though I know it is bad food? I'm trying to think of how to handle dinner and to not eat the bean soup, probably 4,000 carbs in there :wink: Happily I'm not too tempted by the cookies, just don't have that sweet tooth anymore. Looking forward to Saturday when all the Christmas festivities will be over and it will be easier to keep only hflc foods around!
  • ChoiceNotChance
    ChoiceNotChance Posts: 644 Member
    Happy Christmas Eve for those of you who celebrate. I'm getting my metabolism tested today! I've been struggling with weight gain/no weight loss for a long time now, even eating at what I believe to be a deficit. I'm super-excited to see the results. I'll report later.

BTW- anyone else having trouble with their newsfeed being blank?
  • 4031isaiah
    My newsfeed was blank this morning too.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 7,009 Member
    Happy Christmas Eve for those of you who celebrate. I'm getting my metabolism tested today! I've been struggling with weight gain/no weight loss for a long time now, even eating at what I believe to be a deficit. I'm super-excited to see the results. I'll report later.

BTW- anyone else having trouble with their newsfeed being blank?

GINORMOUS SIGH! Yes. Mine too. :rage:

I hope your results turn up something. You work so hard.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 7,009 Member
    So I've been behaving and my weight is up. Dumb ol' body.
    I'm going to be naughty tonight at the Christmas Eve party. They have foods not available to me any other time of year, most especially since I don't see these people any other time of year.
    But I'll be behaving myself on Christmas Day.

Hoping for a pleasant holiday for everyone. :+1:
  • Fvaisey
    Wishing you all a happy holiday, Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Joyous Kwanza, Merry Milad un Nabi. Whatever you celebrate or don't, eat healthy and enjoy your family and friends.
  • elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Made it! Carb Slipping and Sliding all the way there. No plans for today other than to take a deep breath and get back to it! So relieved and grateful! I revamped my food today to very stark keto (for me) except for my jeto version of mocha coffee. Total holiday damage may wind up being actually down a couple pounds! Have to wait a couple days for the water weight to be released to know for sure. Merry Christmas to you and all your loved ones.
  • elize7
    Anyone else experiencing no news feed for 2 days now? Very frustrating!
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    elize7 wrote: »

Yep! It's a glitch they're working on. Apparently if you click on "load more" 50 times your newsfeed may come up... I got bored after 5 clicks and gave up!
  • 4031isaiah
    elize7 wrote: »

Yep! It's a glitch they're working on. Apparently if you click on "load more" 50 times your newsfeed may come up... I got bored after 5 clicks and gave up!

Me too!
  • elize7
    Took another trip to the dumpster with a food that turned into a trigger. Now its back to sunny skies and clear sailing! I managed to stay at my second goal weight which is 10 lbs under my original. Still about 3 pounds over my lowest recorded weight so far - but some of that could well be water retained from extra carbs. I'll wait a couple days before I get this year's holiday challenge numbers. All in all, I think I did great weight wise... Next year I hope to find a way to be able to increase my holiday spirit. I pretty much ignored it this year in favor of weight issues, but maybe by next year my life willed be refilled with new friends, returning children, and most definately I hope that a new romance is in the cards! Hope all is well with my friends. Thanks for your kind words of support this season - meant alot to me. For the new January challenge (I hope there will be one) I will be more positive and hopeful, I promise.
  • 4031isaiah
    I'm glad you got through it and did so well. I didn't stay Keto for Christmas. The kids and I are going to stay with my parents and have Christmas with my side of the family until Monday... then back to business as usual for me on Tuesday. We do have plans with friends for New Year's Eve but it's just a pizza night and I'm not a big fan of pizza so it shouldn't be a problem.

I'm looking forward to getting back on track and staying there until goals are met.
  • SusanL222
    SusanL222 Posts: 585 Member
    So, just popping in here to share a dessert recipe that totally saved me over the holidays. I splurged and bought some birch xylitol to make this cheesecake :http://www.intoxicatedonlife.com/2012/05/27/new-york-style-cheesecake-low-carb-gluten-free/ and then made this for a topping: http://whatscookingamerica.net/Q-A/CremeFraiche.htm using sour cream and sweetened with liquid stevia. Even my non-LC friends loved it! Christmas here in mid-coast Maine was 45F, bare ground and sunny! Gotta love it!