Daily check in

Options

Replies

• duffyzmom
    duffyzmom Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    30 days till we leave for a beach vacation. So that's helping me stay motivated. I will finish 21 days by Christmas. I know I'll take that weekend off but will probably start back right after that.
  • germany03
    germany03 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Ok so I have been following the guidelines of the 21 day fix meal plan as closely as possible during the holiday season. THANKSGIVING week was enough to scare me back on the wagon..haha.
    I have to say that last week I had a hard time finding nutritious foods while on the run...was so dissapointing. And my body did not like all the junk I "had to" stuff in it ....how do yall handle on the run and no prepped food issue?
  • germany03
    Options
    @xoveronica funny we seem to be doing the opposite.. although I would LOVE to get my behind back into the workout portion as well.

@duffyzmom glad you are seeing these awesome results already...I hope this week goes well for you as well.
  • duffyzmom
    Options
    Thanks @germany03 still dealing with hunger some but recently purchased an app to track containers and liking that. Last night I made one of the orange dressings and it was delicious.
  • germany03
    Options
    Day 3 ..round ? - another week another attempt. Hope it goes smoothly this time since I'm off of work for a few days ..so no excuses !!!
  • mscote12
    mscote12 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    :) Starting a new round on Monday, the 4th. I would start tomorrow...but I really want my yoga workout to be on Sundays hahaha....sooo Monday is it!
    Should be receiving my shakeology today. Last time I did a round of 21DF, I didn't utilize shakeology, lost 6lbs..
    This time I plan on doing the workouts along with a couple extra workouts a week....and with shakeology. I am anxious to see how it all works out.

• germany03
    Options
    Welcome back @mscote12 . ..new year new go!!!
    Today is D7 ...had to get a head start while I'm off of work...I hope this way I will sustain when I have to go back.
    Added swimming (every other day) and loving the calories it scorches. Will definitly miss that when I go back. Well ..Happy New Year to all of you and that this new year is filled with alot of Successes for everyone!!!
  • duffyzmom
    Options
    mscote12 wrote: »
    :) Starting a new round on Monday, the 4th. I would start tomorrow...but I really want my yoga workout to be on Sundays hahaha....sooo Monday is it!
    Should be receiving my shakeology today. Last time I did a round of 21DF, I didn't utilize shakeology, lost 6lbs..
    This time I plan on doing the workouts along with a couple extra workouts a week....and with shakeology. I am anxious to see how it all works out.

I do the same thing. Friday is my start day because I do yoga Mondays and Thursdays at my gym so it just makes sense to have the recovery days in sync.

I tried shakeology but did not like it and really noticed no difference in how I felt so I'm back to my whey protein.
  • germany03
    Options
    @duffyzmom I have 21 day tracker as container app...but I still find myself logging my food here as well.
  • mscote12
    Options
    I made the decision to not use the containers...at least this week. I am tracking my food and according to the 21DF math...I should consume 1740 calories a day. I plan to use that same calorie goal. However, at least for this week...I am going to do it on my own terms. I might join the container train later on....not sure. Lol
    I tried shakeology today with 2 tbsp of PB2....and it was okay but nothing spectacular lol I Googled a bunch of shakeology recipes before I went groceries, so I have to play around a little. We'll see! :smile:
  • germany03
    Options
    @mscote12 what flavor shakeology did you buy? I had the free sample of chocolate and it was ok with half a frozen banana. I have to say ..I like the flavor of my six star better though
  • mscote12
    Options
    @germany03 I have the chocolate also. I have been using mint extract which is kinda yummy...might try a few other extracts at some point.
    I do want to throw some fruit in there and play around with that too.
  • germany03
    Options
    Didn't think of the extracts @mscote12 ..great idea...I must give it a try
  • mscote12
    Options
    Day 1 of the 21DF in the books. Alarm went off at 4:15 and I was in my living room rocking out total body cardio by 4:30am...lol...it has been a while since I have forced myself out of bed that early to get a workout done, but I am happy I managed to do it! Hopefully I can continue :smile:
  • venuila
    venuila Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!! Some of you may remember me, I was pretty active on here last year. Sadly, I have gained 10 lbs since I stopped working out back in August. But I am back and ready to go again!!!!! Starting 21 day fix again today! Woo! Nice to see some familiar faces are still here. :) way to go ladies!!!!
  • tamred69
    tamred69 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Hi All:

I am new to the group. Have been doing different Beachbody programs for the last few years, but thought I would give this one a try. I am hypothyroid, so it is a huge effort to lose any weight. I need to lose 20 or so pounds, so hopefully this works for me. Anyway, trying to plan meals around the containers is challenging, as I am used to just logging foods on MFP. Hopefully when I get used to it, things will improve:) I get to work at 6:00 am, so morning workouts (except for the days I work from home and weekends) are out for me. I do prefer to get it over with first thing, but on these days I will be working out in the pm.

• germany03
    Options
    D11 (got a slight headstart) ...@tamred69 I kknowhat you mean with exercises being a no go on days you have to be at work at 6am. I have to be at work at 7 am most days at d it's hard to get up even earlier...but I do most of my excersise when I first get home ...maybe that helps.
    @mscote12 proud of you for getting up and going this early ..truly inspirational

@venuila . .welcome back my dear. So happy to see you again :)
  • mscote12
    Options
    Day 2 down! I love the upper body fix workout. I have to be at work for 6am as well which is my reasoning for the 4:30am workouts lol I struggle with motivating myself after work so it's best if I get it out of the way...plus it sets the bar for my day :smile:
  • tamred69
    tamred69 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    @mscote12 I am truly impressed with the dedication of getting up at 4:30 and working out! @germany03 nice to know someone else can relate. Day 1 completed, but it was rough. Hard to get used to using those containers and trying to figure out what to eat! I am used to tracking my calories on My Fitness Pal, which is now counterintuitive. Now I see that I am eating too much of some foods and not enough of others. Anyone else having trouble with the portions? I have noticed that some people say that there is too much food, but in my case I don't think there is enough:(
  • germany03
    Options
    @tamred69 have you tried to look up weekly 21 day fix food plans on Pinterest? There are aloft of them out there - even some that I didn't even have to adjust with my picky eaters :) ( yup I've put the whole family on the plan..haha..not a fan of cooking different foods although I will on occasion )