What does your low carb meals look like??

Options

Replies

• LowCarbInScotland
    LowCarbInScotland Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    261mm2y6qgev.jpeg

I'm hoping my photo works properly this time!

Low carb crab cakes w/ salad & creamy French dressing.

Crab cakes have fresh crab, avocado, spring onion, egg, almond flour, garlic and onion powder and salt & pepper.
  • JessicaLCHF
    JessicaLCHF Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    261mm2y6qgev.jpeg

Crab cakes have fresh crab, avocado, spring onion, egg, almond flour, garlic and onion powder and salt & pepper.

Yum! Did you use a specific recipe for these? I need to make them!
  • ettaterrell
    ettaterrell Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    bluefish86 wrote: »
    Zero carb pasta with mushrooms, spinach and prawns.ubblkph6hu8u.jpg

Please share recipe or list all ingredients including spices!! I so want to make this!!!
  • LowCarbInScotland
    LowCarbInScotland Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    261mm2y6qgev.jpeg

114 g. crab (OceanIsle Premium Claw Crab Meat in the refrigerated section at my grocery store)
    1 large egg
    30 g of Avocado (about a quarter of a medium one)
    15 g of Sukrin Almond Flour - that's about 1.5 tbsp (though I'd probably use less next time)
    1 green onion
    salt & pepper according to taste/preference
    1/4 tsp garlic & onion powder

All mixed up together with a fork. Pan-fried in 1/2 tbsp olive oil in a small frying pan, about 5-7 mins per side, they were pretty thick.

I'd recommend tossing in a tbsp of mayo or some creme fraiche though as they were a little dry. A lot of recipes call for parmesan cheese too, but I didn't have any. I bet a few crumbles of bleu cheese would have been nice too. And I like things spicy, so I would have tossed a chilli in there too if I'd had one in the fridge.

And if anyone has a great low-carb tartare sauce recipe to share, please do, as that would have made these much more tasty!
  • JessicaLCHF
    Options
    261mm2y6qgev.jpeg

114 g. crab (OceanIsle Premium Claw Crab Meat in the refrigerated section at my grocery store)
    1 large egg
    30 g of Avocado (about a quarter of a medium one)
    15 g of Sukrin Almond Flour - that's about 1.5 tbsp (though I'd probably use less next time)
    1 green onion
    salt & pepper according to taste/preference
    1/4 tsp garlic & onion powder

All mixed up together with a fork. Pan-fried in 1/2 tbsp olive oil in a small frying pan, about 5-7 mins per side, they were pretty thick.

I'd recommend tossing in a tbsp of mayo or some creme fraiche though as they were a little dry. A lot of recipes call for parmesan cheese too, but I didn't have any. I bet a few crumbles of bleu cheese would have been nice too. And I like things spicy, so I would have tossed a chilli in there too if I'd had one in the fridge.

And if anyone has a great low-carb tartare sauce recipe to share, please do, as that would have made these much more tasty!

Yum! Thanks! Isn't tartar sauce basically mayo with some lemon juice and pickles chopped in? I'm def trying this next week! Good idea to add the sauce.
  • JessicaLCHF
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Egg Roll in a Bowl, or a, uh, frying pan.

4ccwr81zys0a.jpeg
    Well, it looks rather boring. But it tastes pretty good. Wish I'da put in more ginger. I do love ginger.

Added some Szechuan sauce, too. Here's the recipe link: http://www.bunsinmyoven.com/2015/08/24/sausage-egg-roll-in-a-bowl/
  • AshleyC1023
    AshleyC1023 Posts: 272 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    0mwgmpu7h4tu.jpg
    Grilled Salmon (in tinfoil on the grill) with butter, lemon pepper, salt and a spring of rosemary from my garden. Spinach was cooked in my cast iron that had a few leftover mushrooms and butter from last night. I know it's a lot of spinach, but I really like spinach, lol.

I give this one a 10, the fish was perfectly flaky and the flavors were good together.
  • jmarie1025
    jmarie1025 Posts: 114 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Kitnthecat wrote: »
    7czjjymtx9ym.jpeg
    Not the best picture, but it sure tasted great. I made myself one bowl of mushroom soup with 1/2 pound crimini mushrooms, homemade beef/pork bone broth, HWC, butter and leftover pork fat. I sautéed the mushrooms, after cutting them up in tiny Campbell 's soup type pieces, then simmered them in broth, reduced it a bit instead of using thickener, added heavy cream, then removed about 1/3 of the mushroom pieces before blending the rest with my immersion blender. I placed the reserved mushroom back in the pot and served myself a great bowl of soup. Season to taste.

Thank you for this recipe!! I made it tonight as a gravy for pork chops. Omg so good!! Hubby said he could drink it with a straw. Lol
  • Kitnthecat
    Kitnthecat Posts: 2,059 Member
    Options
    Oh thank you and you're welcome ! That's so nice. I'm glad you enjoyed it.
  • DittoDan
    DittoDan Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    Chicken Noodle Soup

Yes, you heard that right ~ noodles! I was walking around in the veggies section of Walmart and found these noodles called: Pasta Zero. I picked them up and they are very lo-carb...YAY! I have always wanted a replacement for glutenous noodles. I have never seen these before. I probably ate them when I was in China and didn't know it.

Here are the pics of the noodle package:

iivl5inh0ndx.jpgrueib8nggueu.jpg

For the soup, its really simple:

Homemade chicken broth
    Pasta Zero Noodles
    Chicken
    A few carrots

I would of put celery in it, but I didn't have any.

The noodles were great! They soak up the flavor of the chicken broth.

rq4pa2a1vimn.jpg

Enjoy!

Dan the Man from Michigan
    Keto / The Recipe Water Fasting / E.A.S.Y. Exercise Program

• Michelle2W
    Michelle2W Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    0% Greek yogurt, mandarins, flax seedoi710h21z09v.jpg
  • HeatherDunnell
    HeatherDunnell Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    My breakfast.. Eggs, avocado, orange pepper and coconut oil g0ck8fnrwmua.jpeg
  • JessicaLCHF
    Options
    rkn74w5s07xg.jpeg

Bacon and fried egg, wth pepper jack cheese. Hubby made it for bfast. True love right there. ;)
  • JessicaLCHF
    Options
    Well, lunch wasn't real exciting (green salad), but here's my lunch dessert: bwuvtidak5xp.jpeg

Recipe: https://allynorris.wordpress.com/2012/05/01/keto-friendly-peanut-butter-cookies/
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,423 Member
    Options
    Well, lunch wasn't real exciting (green salad), but here's my lunch dessert: bwuvtidak5xp.jpeg

Recipe: https://allynorris.wordpress.com/2012/05/01/keto-friendly-peanut-butter-cookies/

Yum, I miss peanut butter cookies :)
  • yamilethfreethinker388
    Options
    Today I made chicken soup with skin and added an avocado to my bowl... I snacked on chilled coconut cream later.
    qfbmqom66auq.jpeg
  • Cjane1166
    Cjane1166 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I don't know how to post a pic from my phone. :/ I put a bunch of green peppers, onions, and chicken in the Crock pot with a packet of fajita seasoning. Side of homemade guac. Hubby had his with tortillas.
  • JessicaLCHF
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Dinner - Peppoeroni Pizza! ("Crust is butterflied grilled hotdogs) with double cheese. 2ptyq2tenxxy.jpeg
    I ate two, and some green beans. Was gonna eat all three but two was satisfying. So rich!
  • Kitnthecat
    Kitnthecat Posts: 2,059 Member
    Options
    mxo7v1gfr9rk.jpeg
    Curried chicken made with roast chicken, full fat coconut milk and Red Curry paste, with a side of stir fried cabbage and bok choy with a bit of onion. I kept all the chicken drippings in the sauce, decadent and delicious.