Daily Check In Thread -- 10k+ version

Options

Replies

• mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    I have a nasty head cold, so rested again yesterday (other than the 10 hours I put in at work.)

zvdm81k5i2nq.gif

feel better. i hate colds. feel so helpless
  • ftrobbie
    ftrobbie Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    4.9 miles Monday night, 3.5 miles tonight, hoping to get 5 tomorrow morning before work and a 16 mile bike ride Friday morning again before work. Saturday hoping to warm up with a parkrun and continue going to bag 14 miles total. A simple (hohoho) 5 miles on Sunday to round off the week. That should bag 150+km running for the month.
  • mbaker566
    Options
    no run this morning. not feeling well. new medicine makes me a little dizzy. dr said it should only last two weeks. guess we'll see how it goes. does what it should well though
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    I ran at the gym yesterday- 3 miles in 29:52, still congested, but feeling somewhat better.
  • taeliesyn
    taeliesyn Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    Except for my Tuesday social run, where I persevered, I've been stuck on my 2k a day since the Ultra. Legs are feeling pretty good, but a blister got infected and it hurts to walk , let alone run. Infection is clearing, so maybe next week I can start running properly again. I know the recovery time is doing my body good, but it's only 5 weeks until my next 100k (assuming I feel ok after a few longer runs!)
  • ftrobbie
    Options
    Thursday failed to get out, Friday failed to get out. Got the parkrun done, official 25:39 but due to numerous local closures, waterlogged runs the ranks swelled to over 360, it took 15 secs to cross the start line, lucky it's not a race!!! After barcode scanning got to do the other 11 miles for the Saturday target. Nice day after all.

Have fun everyone and Taeliesyn hope the blister heals up and that you rest and recover properly. :)
  • Just_Ceci
    Options
    I had grand aspirations of running during my whirlwind trip to SE Texas this weekend, but I was a little busy- my baby girl got married today!
    lzmqvdbeiaa3.jpg
  • ftrobbie
    Options
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    I had grand aspirations of running during my whirlwind trip to SE Texas this weekend, but I was a little busy- my baby girl got married today!

Can see how that might get in the way. Hopefully you had/ are having a great weekend.
  • romyhorse
    romyhorse Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Taeliesyn, I loved reading about your ultra! You did a fantastic job to finish. Maybe 5 weeks isn't long enough to your next one but the body has a great facility of forgetting pain, why do you think women have more than one child! I'm sure it won't be your last ultra.
    Ceci, what a lovely photo, your daughter looks like you.

Only been out running once in the last few weeks due to the ice, the roads have just been too slippery.
  • mbaker566
    Options
    congratulations @Just_Ceci

ran 10.75mi. it was fine. medicine makes me a little wobbly still. it's getting better.
    run hopefully tomorrow morning
  • Just_Ceci
    Options
    I ran yesterday outside after work- 4.07 miles in 40:21. It was an awesome run, perfect weather!

I have my pre-op appointment today and will get fitted for the sling. Surgery is Monday! :|
  • mbaker566
    edited February 2016
    Options
    no run today. needed to sleep. maybe tomorrow. get to see the rheumatologist tomorrow. i imagine he'll draw blood. maybe adjust medicines. so i don't know if i'll be running thursday either. glad to just get it all out of the way so i can get back to running normally again
  • ftrobbie
    Options
    Nice run in the cold and drizzle on Sunday (6miles) followed by another 3 miles while reffing and coaching. Today got a 6 mile faster pace session done in heavy rain (it started like drizzle and just got worse). Runs seem to be getting faster and with slower heart rates. Getting back to running longer more frequently is having the desired effect.

Sorry to hear you all having problems romy with the weather, moyer with your new meds and ceci with your shoulder op and cold. Hope you all get back to normal soon.
  • mbaker566
    Options
    slept in, cruddy weather and hidden patches of ice.
  • Just_Ceci
    Options
    After my pre-op yesterday, I went to the gym and spent an hour on the stationary bike. Winter is back today, so will probably run inside today too.
  • ftrobbie
    Options
    Mojo is back 2 runs today a 4 mile while the car dealership opened, long story, in the driving sleet. Second, a 3 mile run back to the dealership in dry but cold weather with a backpack, both zone 1 runs at the faster end of requirements.
  • brant710
    brant710 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I ran week 2 day 1 which is just a 20 minute run but it felt great to run outside even for that amount of time.
  • ftrobbie
    Options
    brant710 wrote: »
    I ran week 2 day 1 which is just a 20 minute run but it felt great to run outside even for that amount of time.

Hi, which plan are you on, an improver from 5k or a straight up 10k plan? Have fun
  • mbaker566
    Options
    slept in but plan on getting a few miles in this afternoon
  • Just_Ceci
    Options
    I ran in the gym yesterday- 5 miles in 49:57, not including a couple of stops for technology issues. (Who knew the Garmin only allows 50 laps?!)