Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• swrhot94
    swrhot94 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Finished week 4 and struggling to even get started on week 5! LIFE! I have a conference this week in Minneapolis and not sure how I am going to fit week 5 in there (I am not an outside runner) late nights don't equal early morning workouts. :( Is it a bad deal to skip a week and jump into week 5 next week? Or will I regress?
  • Aine8046
    Aine8046 Posts: 2,122 Member
    Options
    Skipping a week never hurt me in the past. God luck!
    swrhot94 wrote: »
    Finished week 4 and struggling to even get started on week 5! LIFE! I have a conference this week in Minneapolis and not sure how I am going to fit week 5 in there (I am not an outside runner) late nights don't equal early morning workouts. :( Is it a bad deal to skip a week and jump into week 5 next week? Or will I regress?

• amber_beaney
    amber_beaney Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Week 3 day 2 today for me, it felt a lot harder tonight than on week 3 day 1 and I had the return of the stitch :( I made it through though and next time I am going to concentrate on my breathing more to hopefully avoid the stitch! It was alot colder tonight, so I'm wondering if the cold made it harder.
  • Aine8046
    Options
    Week 3 day 2 today for me, it felt a lot harder tonight than on week 3 day 1 and I had the return of the stitch :( I made it through though and next time I am going to concentrate on my breathing more to hopefully avoid the stitch! It was alot colder tonight, so I'm wondering if the cold made it harder.
    Same here - Week 3 day 2! :) Slow down if it's too difficult!
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    maybe try a scarf so the air isn't so cold. it may help but likely you need to slow down. even though it's hard to be slow when it's cold
  • angie_kins
    angie_kins Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I've been having some motivational issues this week, abandoned two runs just minutes after starting. Someone in a different thread suggested getting dropped off a distance away from the house and running home, I might try that tonight! Any other advice? I don't want to lose ground!
  • amber_beaney
    Options
    Thanks for the tips! I think I will slow down a bit next time. Angie_kins, do you run with anybody? I find that having someone doing it with me motivates me.
  • coryh00
    coryh00 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Week 6 day 3 done
  • Aine8046
    Options
    Week 3 Day 3 done! :)
  • briscogun
    briscogun Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Aine8046 wrote: »

Ditto! That last 3 minute run was a doozy. Probably because I had a 5 day lay-off between Day 2 and Day 3 (not feeling well).
  • Ehmeeheart
    Ehmeeheart Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Just finished week 1 day 3! Feeling pumped, but I Made the mistake of looking ahead!
  • amber_beaney
    Options
    Week 4 day 1 done, struggled a bit towards the end but finished it, even if it was a little slower!
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Great job keeping at it, you can do this! Remember, you might need to slow down as your time running gets longer.
    7d69q59bwka1.gif
  • cwolfgram
    cwolfgram Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    W2D2 completed! I've been focusing a lot on my breathing. It's getting much better.
  • Ehmeeheart
    Ehmeeheart Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Just finished week 2 day 1! Found it easier than I expected. So fun to see everyone's progress!
  • briscogun
    briscogun Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Completed W4D1 today, and I'm not sure how but I did it. Those 3 minute/5 minute intervals were a huge jump from the 90 second/3 minute ones last week! That last 5 min marathon was a doozy, but I didn't stop. Slowed down, yes. But didn't stop!
  • amber_beaney
    Options
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    Great job keeping at it, you can do this! Remember, you might need to slow down as your time running gets longer.
    7d69q59bwka1.gif

Thanks! Yes I was definitely slower this time, but I figure I can worry about speed once I'm much more used to running :)
  • amber_beaney
    Options
    Completed W4D1 today, and I'm not sure how but I did it. Those 3 minute/5 minute intervals were a huge jump from the 90 second/3 minute ones last week! That last 5 min marathon was a doozy, but I didn't stop. Slowed down, yes. But didn't stop!

Well done! I found it hard too, it is a massive jump, me and my friend didn't think we'd be able to do it but we just slowed down a bit and slogged it out haha. Well done you did it! :)
  • Aine8046
    Options
    Aine8046 wrote: »

Ditto! That last 3 minute run was a doozy. Probably because I had a 5 day lay-off between Day 2 and Day 3 (not feeling well).
    Keep pushing! :)
    Week 4 Day 1 done! :)
  • Aine8046
    Options

Awesome! :)