Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• Aine8046
    Aine8046 Posts: 2,122 Member
    Options
    W4D2 is done! Phew! Week 5, here we come! :)
  • cwolfgram
    cwolfgram Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Week 2 finished! My son joined me for training today. Went slower than I previously had for him. Easily able to do the 90 seconds. Ready for week 3.

Our first 5k is in April. I'll be running as much as I can.
  • amber_beaney
    amber_beaney Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Aine8046 wrote: »

Well done! W5D1 tomorrow for me, not too worried, day 3 however, well that's slightly concerning haha. Will let you guys know how it goes. :)
  • amber_beaney
    Options
    cwolfgram wrote: »
    Week 2 finished! My son joined me for training today. Went slower than I previously had for him. Easily able to do the 90 seconds. Ready for week 3.

Well done, it's lovely that your son can go with you, you can enjoy the great outdoors together :) I hope to do that when my daughter is older, she's still tiny at the moment.
  • briscogun
    briscogun Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options

Just started week 5 this morning. Day 1 not too shabby, but Day 2... :o

Good job! I gotta get myself signed up for a 5K this week. You are all so awesome about throwing that goal out there early!

Well done! W5D1 tomorrow for me, not too worried, day 3 however, well that's slightly concerning haha. Will let you guys know how it goes. :)

Let us know how W5D1 went for you. I was surprised that Day 1 wasn't as tough on me as I was anticipating, but I snuck a peek at Day 2 and... EEK! I'm used to keeping the same regimen for the whole week, and Day 2 kicks it up a notch (or two!). This should be interesting. The new music program is really helping me a lot, I think that's why I got through today relatively easy. Hopefully Day 2 will work out okay, too!

• mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    don't peek :wink:
    good job you guys.
  • amber_beaney
    Options

Just started week 5 this morning. Day 1 not too shabby, but Day 2... :o

Good job! I gotta get myself signed up for a 5K this week. You are all so awesome about throwing that goal out there early!

Let us know how W5D1 went for you. I was surprised that Day 1 wasn't as tough on me as I was anticipating, but I snuck a peek at Day 2 and... EEK! I'm used to keeping the same regimen for the whole week, and Day 2 kicks it up a notch (or two!). This should be interesting. The new music program is really helping me a lot, I think that's why I got through today relatively easy. Hopefully Day 2 will work out okay, too!

Well done! Yep I did W5D1 this evening and I too found it much easier than I expected. I think the timing of my breathing was alot better, which obviously helps! The music is definitely helping too as it gives me something else to focus on. Haha, day 2, yes, I suspect the first run will just about be bearable but then the second may be considerably harder... And day 3, well, I think it will take me a few attempts to complete day 3!

We all just need to think back to how much we have achieved so far, we are living proof that we can do more than we think, we will get there in the end. :)

Well done everyone for sticking with it!
  • Aine8046
    Options

Good job! I just finished w5d1, and it was not easy. Thinking that you guys did it helped me a lot!
  • Aine8046
    Options

Well done! Yep I did W5D1 this evening and I too found it much easier than I expected. I think the timing of my breathing was alot better, which obviously helps! The music is definitely helping too as it gives me something else to focus on. Haha, day 2, yes, I suspect the first run will just about be bearable but then the second may be considerably harder... And day 3, well, I think it will take me a few attempts to complete day 3!

We all just need to think back to how much we have achieved so far, we are living proof that we can do more than we think, we will get there in the end. :)

Well done everyone for sticking with it!

Awesome! Keep it up! :)
  • Aine8046
    Options
    I do not know if it's me being tired (we had a good party last night, stayed late and drank quite a lot), or what, but tonight's 8 min run was tough... I'll try to get plenty of rest before W5D2 and hope it will go better! :)
  • Aine8046
    Options

Great! My son was running with me last season (he was 13 back then), but not interested anymore. Anyway, I was too slow for him...
  • CariTJR
    CariTJR Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Not really sure what week i'm on now as i've joined a club and ditched the app, but I think it would be around week 4... Basically I ran for 5 mins straight last night, and it was tough, but I did it! Up hills and everything. I'm very pleased with myself today lol. :smiley:
  • sleepigrl
    sleepigrl Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Finished W6D1 last night - and somehow every single run started at the bottom of a hill, LOL!
  • amber_beaney
    Options
    sleepigrl wrote: »
    Finished W6D1 last night - and somehow every single run started at the bottom of a hill, LOL!

Wow, well done! Luckily I haven't come across any hills yet. Good job too, I think I might collapse if I had to run up hill lol :)
  • briscogun
    Options
    Good job! I just finished w5d1, and it was not easy. Thinking that you guys did it helped me a lot!

Good job! Just keep moving, right?
    CariTJR wrote: »
    Not really sure what week i'm on now as i've joined a club and ditched the app, but I think it would be around week 4... Basically I ran for 5 mins straight last night, and it was tough, but I did it! Up hills and everything. I'm very pleased with myself today lol. :smiley:

Well of course there was a hill! That's how it works! Awesome job, keep it up!
    sleepigrl wrote: »

You too should run together. W6D1 sounds sooooo far off, and it's only 2 more sessions away! Ugh. I keep telling thinking there's no way I'll be able to get over the next hurdle without stopping or backtracking, yet... here I am.

Got through W5D2 in one piece! I was surprised at how easy I got through the first 8-minute section. The last part of the second 8-minute interval, on the other hand, was a little tough, but not enough to stop me or slow me down. I'm not going to lie, I'm feeling a little happy with myself for getting through two 8 minute runs without stopping.

I didn't peek ahead at D3 yet. I may have to wait until Saturday to knock that one out just due to my schedule, but we'll see.

Good luck to everyone! Just keep moving, one foot in front of the other! Slow but steady wins the race!

• Aine8046
    edited February 2016
    Options

Got through W5D2 in one piece! I was surprised at how easy I got through the first 8-minute section. The last part of the second 8-minute interval, on the other hand, was a little tough, but not enough to stop me or slow me down. I'm not going to lie, I'm feeling a little happy with myself for getting through two 8 minute runs without stopping.
    Hmmm, my W5D2 has no 8 min running intervals. It says 10 min of running, 3 min of walking, then 10 min of running again... :o

Good job on finishing W5D2! I'm planning on running tonight, right after work.

• amber_beaney
    Options
    Well done everyone! W5D2 done for me, the second 8 mins was a bit of a struggle, I think I find it easier when I have some fruit an hour or two beforehand. Aine we must be using slightly different apps but they are very similar by the sounds of it

Good work everybody, bring it on! :)
  • Aine8046
    Options
    Well done everyone! W5D2 done for me, the second 8 mins was a bit of a struggle, I think I find it easier when I have some fruit an hour or two beforehand. Aine we must be using slightly different apps but they are very similar by the sounds of it

Awesome!

Due to a snow storm my gym closed early today and I could not run. By the time I got out of work, the blizzard was so bad that I could barely make it home... Hope tomorrow will work!
  • briscogun
    Options

Hmmm, my W5D2 has no 8 min running intervals. It says 10 min of running, 3 min of walking, then 10 min of running again... :o

Good job on finishing W5D2! I'm planning on running tonight, right after work.

I think we may be using different apps/programs. I'm using the Zen Labs C25K app. They all differ slightly I'm sure.

Awesome!

Due to a snow storm my gym closed early today and I could not run. By the time I got out of work, the blizzard was so bad that I could barely make it home... Hope tomorrow will work!

You must be not too far from my neck of the woods. There was quite a blizzard just to my southeast. I had to take 3-4 days off a couple of weeks ago, so it happens. You'll do fine, just enjoy the day of hard earned rest!
  • briscogun
    Options
    So W5D3 was today. I didn't peek ahead after the last session, so I had no idea what was in store for me. That was probably a good thing.

"Run 20 minutes without stopping"

I'm sorry. Do what?

First thought: "Well, I was bound to get to a point where I'd need to repeat a day (or a week). Guess I found it." Fired up the treadmill and started my warm-up. Then I thought, "Maybe I'll just slow it down first when I cough up the first lung..." The timer dinged, and it was go time. Then I thought, "It's 20 minutes of your life, and think how awesome it will feel if you manage to do this."

Oh. My. Gawd. I did it!

I can't believe I did 20 minutes straight with no stopping and no slowing down. If you would've told me when I woke up this morning that'd I run 20 straight minutes I would've laughed at you, but... Here I am! I'm not 5K worthy yet, but that was a HUGE hurdle for me! Kind of feeling like I may actually be able to do this thing now!

Hope everyone else has a good day, too! Happy running!