TEAM 1: TEAM AWESOME!

Options
leannev68
leannev68 Posts: 482 Member
Hello and welcome to Team 1! So glad to have you all join our team.
A couple things you should know about this team. In order for you and our team to get as much out of this race as possible, as team leader you can expect me to help keep you accountable through frequent messages and reminders to post your activity daily. This is a fun and effective way to stick to your goals and we are here to support each other. Please don't be that person who makes it more difficult for the rest of the team to live up to our name: Team #1 (coincidence? I think not). I know we all have those days but your team expects you to post your activity daily even if it's 0 minutes. At least we will know you are still with us! Don't just leave it blank on the spreadsheet. Please let me know if you are having technical difficulties with the spreadsheet. I can post for you if necessary. (I could only add my name to the spreadsheet initially on my laptop and only after that could I access it on my phone). Sorry for the long post. Just so pumped for all of us to succeed with our fitness and lifestyle goals! Good luck to all and may the best Team # 1 win!!!

Replies

• cindalu1212
    cindalu1212 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    So excited for this amazing race and to be part of team one. Looking forward to racing with you all.
  • leannev68
    Options
    Please give a brief introduction to yourself including your first name especially if it's not in your username.
    I'll start us out: I'm Leanne and I am leading a team for the first time. I just completed the Winter Challenge. Would have liked to see the scale move down more but the consistent activity did help tone and build muscle.
    I'm 47 yrs old, married with a 16yr old daughter and a 19 yr old son. I'm a middle years teacher in Manitoba, Canada. Since last January I've lost 60 lbs. Just need to lose 10 more before I reach that frightening thing called maintenance. I'm hoping leading a group will keep me on track and help others. Looking forward to getting to know all of you! Please send me a friend request if we're not already friends on MFP.
    I'm also on Fitbit: leannev68@yahoo.com
    Cheers!
  • cindalu1212
    cindalu1212 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm Lucinda 37 years old. I'm married and mother of three girls 13, 10, and 5. I am a part time director of children's ministries. I started this weight loss journey in the middle of January. Hoping this challenge will help keep me motivated and on track. Hoping to hit my first goal of losing ten percent of my starting weight while doing this race.
  • leannev68
    Options
    Hi Lucinda! So glad to meet you! (Virtually, that is
  • lbenson2006
    lbenson2006 Posts: 3,372 Member
    Options
    I'm Lesley, 35 years old, married, no kids just dogs! I've been on a weight loss journey for years but plateaued for several too only to put 30 lbs back. I rededicated on 1/4 and have lost almost 20. Just started back with mfp at the beginning of February because I started seeing a nutritionist and she uses this. After 2 months of dedication I was worried I might falter so I thought this is just the thing I need! I'm so excited and ready for this challenge.

One question to clarify, we will be tracking our activity on a spreadsheet and not necessarily having to have it match our diary, right? I ask because I only add a set amount of calories back based on how many times I'm working out in a given day. Thanks!
  • lsabeIIe
    lsabeIIe Posts: 566 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Hi Leanne, Lucinda, Lesley ! And everybody in this team !
    I'm happy to meet my new teammates !

My name is Isabelle, I'm 37 yo. My first language is french, so, I'm warning you, I make a lot of spelling mistakes and syntax errors in english. ;) (But you'll see, it can be quite charming. :blush: )

I have lost a total of 48lbs since my heaviest weight, 32 of those since I joined MFP. It took me about 3 years. Over this time, I improved my fitness a lot and I'm definitely not done with that. I really enjoy making progress. I still wan't to lose about 8 lbs. This challenge was just what I needed to will help me with that.

I workout almost everyday, usually, I take one rest day in the week.

I will have to undergo surgery in the near futur but I'm quite sure it won't happen during this challenge.
    I promise you I will do everything I can to help my team and make you proud. I will also support and encourage you the best I can because, you know, as leanne said, we are team 1 after all!

GO GO GO !!
    Lets kick some ***
  • leannev68
    Options
    Hi Lesley and Isabelle! Welcome! Thanks for sharing! Lesley, on the spreadsheet you just key in the minutes you want to record for activity. No connection to how you choose to record with MFP. What you choose to enter is your own business, just be sure to record something (even if it's zero) so we know you're still involved. Hope that makes some sense. It's late for me here so if that doesn't help you please let me know and I'll try again when my head is a little more clear! ;)
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Hi I'm Rose and I'm 47, with two kids, 25 and 22, on their own. I'm married and DH and I have a 5 yr old Yorkie... our baby

I started this journey on Sep 1/15 and have lost 55 lbs so far with 45 left to go until I hit my first major goal.

I'm an accountant in public practice in British Columbia, Canada. I'm really busy at work but I'm commited to doing the Focus T25 program so I'm sure I can contribute to the team.
  • lbenson2006
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Hi Rose. I'm an accountant too, here in St. Louis. Stupid question- what is DH? Might be I just can't think straight right now...only up cause of the dogs. (2nd time already since I went to bed.). :smile:

And thanks Leanne. That answers it perfectly.
  • llmg970
    llmg970 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Laura I am from Massachusetts, marries and mother to one 21yo son in the army. I work in women's health as a nurse. I have been on MFP for several years, my total weight loss is 13 lbs but I recently had surgery which set me backwards a few pounds.
    I usually work out several times a week either at home or at the gym. Hopefully with nicer weather I will also be able to walk during my lunch hour .
    So let's go team #1
  • farmerpam1
    farmerpam1 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Hi all, my name is Pam, live in Vermont and looks like I'm the old timer here, lol, 56 years old. Married with two teenage boys. I first joined MFP in summer 2014 and lost 30-ish pounds and have been yo-yoing the last 10 since. I'm looking to gain muscle and lose fat. I just discovered crossfit, love to bicycle, hike and weight lifting. I try to take one day off a week. I did a Hunger Games challenge last year and loved how it introduced me to new workouts. I'm looking forward to this challenge, let's do it!
  • lulloa
    lulloa Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Lillian. I am originally from San Diego, CA but am currently living in Belgium due to my husbands job. I am 33 years old and at the moment we do not have any children. I have struggled with my weight for some time now. I am currently 168lbs and going below 160 has been a hard struggle. My goal for the end of the challenge is 159 but my ultimate weight goal is 135. Feel free to add me as a friend so we can build a strong support system and we can win this.
  • RoseTheWarrior
    Options
    Hi Rose. I'm an accountant too, here in St. Louis. Stupid question- what is DH? Might be I just can't think straight right now...only up cause of the dogs. (2nd time already since I went to bed.). :smile:

And thanks Leanne. That answers it perfectly.

Always good to "meet" another accountant :smiley: DH is a text shortcut meaning "Dear Husband" or "Darling Husband". What kind of dogs do you have?
  • lbenson2006
    Options
    Always good to "meet" another accountant :smiley: DH is a text shortcut meaning "Dear Husband" or "Darling Husband". What kind of dogs do you have?

I have a Basset Hound, Jack, and two miniature dachshunds, Frank and Paul. All three are getting old, so I am up multiple times throughout the night. But, I have recently been trying to make myself get up early and do a 20 minute workout and lift a little too in the morning in addition to normally going to the gym with coworkers over lunch. Here's to trying to keep that up throughout the challenge!!
  • cygrad03
    cygrad03 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! My name is Erin and I am 34 years old with 3 kids - 12 year old girl, 5 year old boy and 2 month old girl. I lost around 39 lbs last year and put about 20 lbs back on with my pregnancy. Looking to get back to what I was at plus some. Looking forward to this challenge!
  • RoseTheWarrior
    Options

I have a Basset Hound, Jack, and two miniature dachshunds, Frank and Paul. All three are getting old, so I am up multiple times throughout the night. But, I have recently been trying to make myself get up early and do a 20 minute workout and lift a little too in the morning in addition to normally going to the gym with coworkers over lunch. Here's to trying to keep that up throughout the challenge!!

You can do it! My DH wants a mini dachshund, but our Yorkie is too spoiled. No way he would share his toys and cuddles, so he's got to be an only dog :wink:
  • RoseTheWarrior
    Options
    leannev68 wrote: »
    A couple things you should know about this team. In order for you and our team to get as much out of this race as possible, as team leader you can expect me to help keep you accountable through frequent messages and reminders to post your activity daily. This is a fun and effective way to stick to your goals and we are here to support each other. Please don't be that person who makes it more difficult for the rest of the team to live up to our name: Team #1 (coincidence? I think not). I know we all have those days but your team expects you to post your activity daily even if it's 0 minutes. At least we will know you are still with us! Don't just leave it blank on the spreadsheet. Please let me know if you are having technical difficulties with the spreadsheet. I can post for you if necessary. (I could only add my name to the spreadsheet initially on my laptop and only after that could I access it on my phone). Sorry for the long post. Just so pumped for all of us to succeed with our fitness and lifestyle goals! Good luck to all and may the best Team # 1 win!!!

Hi Leanne, where do we post our daily activity? I don't see a spot on the spreadsheet where we post our weight.
  • melissasue0317
    melissasue0317 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I'm Melissa from Tennessee. 32, wife, work full time as a pediatric nurse, mommy to 3 year old boy/girl twins :smiley: .

I have lost collectively 132ish lbs over the last 2.5 years. My original goal weight of 190 is where I have been maintaining for about 8 months now, little up, little down. But I haven't been able to kick it down to my new goal of 175.

Might all be in a my head as I have been struggling with exercise and the excess skin. Its a lot. I go for a consult soon to see what is doable and what I should wait on etc. Plus the financial burden of it all is weighing heavily on me.
  • bm1409
    bm1409 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Im Brigitte, I was in the winter challenge and looking forward to this challenge too. I am 56 and need to lose about 15-20 pounds. I joined the gym a couple of months ago for strength training and hoping to have nice toned arms before the summer. Last Summer I lost 10 pounds and have kept it off. But then winter came and I have been bouncing back and forth from 135-140. Now that the weather is getting warmer I hope to finish my weight loss goal. I also want to be thinner then my sister in laws....yes there is a little vanity running through my veins. :)
  • leannev68
    Options
    leannev68 wrote: »

Hi Leanne, where do we post our daily activity? I don't see a spot on the spreadsheet where we post our weight.

The race doesn't start until the 7th. They'll have pages for each team by then.