Options

Replies

• moe0303
    moe0303 Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    FIT_Goat wrote: »
    petunia773 wrote: »
    Maybe it's because I'm on my phone.

It might be. It probably takes you to your web-browser, and you might not be logged in there.
    @Sunny_Bunny_ This was exactly my issue. My mfp app acts as the browser and sucks at that function. I had to go into one of my other browsers to open it up.
  • WIChelle
    WIChelle Posts: 471 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Interesting reading. I just had a huge meat order from Zaycon foods and thought I'd share the resource reading about all this burger. We buy all our meat from them in bulk. You need to look online to see if they deliver in your area. Great prices on non med meats. A friend from another state told me about it and we love it. Good savings for those of us that love our meat
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the Zaycon recommendation @WIChelle! I've set up an account (do you have a code for credit for the referral?) I plan to place an order when I return from vacation! Looks like it's good deals!!
  • WIChelle
    WIChelle Posts: 471 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Karlottap wrote: »
    Thank you for the Zaycon recommendation @WIChelle! I've set up an account (do you have a code for credit for the referral?) I plan to place an order when I return from vacation! Looks like it's good deals!!

Thanks for asking. I just snagged it. I've never had anyone ask and I've sent a ton of people there.

zayconfresh.com/refer/zf234118

It really is very good meat at a very good price. They are also very honest. They reweigh each box 2 x. I never knew I was short a tiny bit and they contacted me with a credit the day after delivery.
  • krazyforyou
    krazyforyou Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    I'm in but the will probably switch around with bacon and ground beef. Can't wait to see the results.
  • LINIA
    LINIA Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    Please add me, I can't see it anymore and am in FULL "thumbs up" mode B)
  • Kitnthecat
    Kitnthecat Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    OK, I really need to get back to this, sending you a friend request to help motivate myself to kickstart new weight loss again.
  • LowCarbInScotland
    LowCarbInScotland Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    I posted this on my profile, but I'm sharing here too.

So after just one day, I think I'm ready to throw in the towel already on my 30-day pork belly experiment. I'm having the type of heartburn that genuinely leaves you questioning whether this time it's actually a heart attack, which in turn gave me the worst panic attack I've had in 5 years. Thank god for my emergency bottle of 5 year old Valium. I literally wrote a note for my husband to give the paramedics, if it came to that. Apparently my handful of carbs do a good job of helping my stomach process the fat. My regular heartburn pills have done nothing. So, after this hellish evening of chest pains, I can at least say that my blood sugar is doing better than it has in two weeks. And with that in mind, I'm going to work really hard to stay under 5-10 carbs each day and as close to zero as I can get, but no more single fat/protein source days.
  • FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    Options
    I posted this on my profile, but I'm sharing here too.

So after just one day, I think I'm ready to throw in the towel already on my 30-day pork belly experiment. I'm having the type of heartburn that genuinely leaves you questioning whether this time it's actually a heart attack, which in turn gave me the worst panic attack I've had in 5 years. Thank god for my emergency bottle of 5 year old Valium. I literally wrote a note for my husband to give the paramedics, if it came to that. Apparently my handful of carbs do a good job of helping my stomach process the fat. My regular heartburn pills have done nothing. So, after this hellish evening of chest pains, I can at least say that my blood sugar is doing better than it has in two weeks. And with that in mind, I'm going to work really hard to stay under 5-10 carbs each day and as close to zero as I can get, but no more single fat/protein source days.

Single protein sources are really not the ideal, anyway. Can you survive on fresh meat from one source? Yes. Do you need or want to? Probably not. My normal days are steak based, as I like steak best, but I include burgers and lamb, and sometimes chicken too.

Today is an "off" day. I made a pound for lunch. I probably finished 3/4 of it, but I gave the rest to the dogs without weighing it. I am seriously lacking in appetite today. That's pretty expected. I don't want to not eat because I don't want any positive results to be seen as caused by calorie restriction. But, I am not willing to force myself until I puke. Hopefully, after these few starting days, which are low, I will get up to the 2800 calories goal and the monthly average will work out to where I want it.
  • FIT_Goat
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Question: Does anyone think it would be cheating to grind up a chuck steak? It's the same cut they use for burgers. I don't want the cheap stuff raw, but I think it would be easier to eat (right now, while not feeling like burgers) if I could have some raw meat.

I can't see how it's cheating... since it will basically be burger meat. LOL But, I am willing to not do it, if anything thinks it will make a difference in the results.
  • LowCarbInScotland
    Options
    Yes, heartburn aside, the smell of pork was a bit nauseating by the end of the day. But, two good things came of this for me (1) my blood sugar took a serious plunge (though not hypoglycaemic low), motivating me to keep the carbs as close to zero as possible and (2) I was finally motivated to exercise today and I'm sufficiently inspired to keep it up. I guess I just needed a kick in the butt to get back on the horse.

Good luck to you @FIT_Goat hope you can rediscover your appetite.
  • LowCarbInScotland
    Options
    Question: Does anyone think it would be cheating to grind up a chuck steak? It's the same cut they use for burgers. I don't want the cheap stuff raw, but I think it would be easier to eat (right now, while not feeling like burgers) if I could have some raw meat.

I can't see how it's cheating... since it will basically be burger meat. LOL But, I am willing to not do it, if anything thinks it will make a difference in the results.

I don't think it would be cheating.
  • moe0303
    moe0303 Posts: 934 Member
    Options

well technically speaking, you did call it a ground beef challenge. So I would say that any cut of beef which is ground before cooking would meet the parameters of the challenge of not the implied spirit. Anytime I buy hamburger it is labeled "ground chuck."

• Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    I just can't see how that could possibly be seen as cheating. I'm with @moe0303
    I think any ground beef is within the parameters.
  • FIT_Goat
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Let's hope no one calls foul, because it's too late now.

rt6kx4ybg101.jpg

291 grams of ground chuck, with a little salt and some garlic, pepper, and chili powder (just a little).

Edit: Any ground beef might be within the rules, but I bet my wife stabs me if she catches me grinding up a ribeye. :lol:
  • glossbones
    glossbones Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    Lolol I had the same thought about the grinding. I just don't have a grinder.

I did the same thing this afternoon: cooked a pound and only ate 12 oz (weighed what was left).

I'm feeling major cravings for things I haven't craved in a long time. Wondering if this could be the death rattle of an unidentified candida population?

I would have killed for some cheese today. Been dairy free for twelve days and only today has it been a challenge.

Stuck with it though. I didn't really have a caloric goal with this, but I'm at almost double what I had yesterday. Feeling a bit hungry again but not committed enough to eat more burger. Filling the cheese-shaped hole in my heart with coffee.
  • FIT_Goat
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/FIT_Goat/view/day-4-30-ground-beef-817312

Day 4 of 30 is done. Not too bad, so far. My wife lectured me about the raw meat. She hates when I eat that. I usually have it when she is out, for that reason. She worries too much.
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    I don't think that's cheating at all!
  • bisky
    bisky Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Smart of you! No one needs the hate and negativity when you are trying to make a change. It is your body and your choice.

I posted what I thought was an innocent funny remark on logging food and people jumped on it. Sigh. I might take my post down and never post again on the main forms.
  • WhatLouAte
    WhatLouAte Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Wow, good effort! not sure I could handle the same thing every day but I am enjoying reading your blogs posts about it. Can't wait to see the results after the 30 days are up.