NSV's

Options

Replies

• olivebeanhealthy
    olivebeanhealthy Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Turning down a free muffin at work, and a Werthers candy.
  • Sarahb29
    Sarahb29 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    I got my lab work back.

My A1C is normal. I am no longer pre-diabetic!

WOW Congrats!!
  • Sarahb29
    Sarahb29 Posts: 952 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    My NSV - I turned down a DREAMY cupcake from Pinkabellas Cupcakes, my FAVORITE. They made this special St Patricks Day cupcake that had green frosting and sprinkles. Omg. They also had ones made with Guinness and baileys. And of course my favorite red velvet cupcakes. UGH!!

But - I didn't want to be knocked out of ketosis. It isn't worth it after not cheating all month. I bought a cupcake for my daughter and hubby and I didn't eat one bite. Not one!

I didn't get to have green beer with everyone but I came up with a solution. White wine! A small glass of white wine with a dab of green food coloring. Yay!
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Sarahb29 wrote: »
    My NSV - I turned down a DREAMY cupcake from Pinkabellas Cupcakes, my FAVORITE. They made this special St Patricks Day cupcake that had green frosting and sprinkles. Omg. They also had ones made with Guinness and baileys. And of course my favorite red velvet cupcakes. UGH!!

But - I didn't want to be knocked out of ketosis. It isn't worth it after not cheating all month. I bought a cupcake for my daughter and hubby and I didn't eat one bite. Not one!

I didn't get to have green beer with everyone but I came up with a solution. White wine! A small glass of white wine with a dab of green food coloring. Yay!

Good idea! :) Clever.
  • xazazelx
    xazazelx Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I tried on jeans a size down.
    Not only did they zip up, they were a little loose :blush:
  • ruffneck813
    ruffneck813 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Lillith32 wrote: »
    Kept up with the fast dudes during the Team Red White and Blue flag run yesterday! I was wheezing like I was dying, but I made it, even when they decided to pick up the pace the last quarter of a mile. By the way, if you see a bunch of people in red shirts running with an American flag, please honk! We are a veteran's support group!

Congratulations on keeping up with everyone! I also think you and your group are awesome for supporting veteran's!
  • fileshiny
    fileshiny Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    What the heck is an "NSV"?
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    fileshiny wrote: »

A non-scale victory.
  • fileshiny
    fileshiny Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    nvmomketo wrote: »

A non-scale victory.

Ah. I can truly say I would never ever have guessed that acronym on my own.
  • Fvaisey
    Fvaisey Posts: 5,506 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    nvmomketo wrote: »

A non-scale victory.

Ah. I can truly say I would never ever have guessed that acronym on my own.

So? You got one?

Is everyone tired of hearing how someone finds out their "Skinny" jeans are too tight? Well, not me! I love to hear it and I really enjoy having it happen to me. lol
  • Lillith32
    Lillith32 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I also think you and your group are awesome for supporting veteran's!

We're mostly a Veteran/Active Duty/Reserves group, at least in my area, although it's open to civilians as well. You may want to check your area out and see if you have a local team, they basically do sports and social activities.
  • ki4eld
    ki4eld Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    xp... My NSV is that I stopped caring. I care about what I eat and how I feel, but I stopped caring about the number on the scale. First, I totally forgot my "19th of the month" mandatory weigh-in. Looking back, I've weighed once since February 19th. Second, someone asked me yesterday how much I weighed and that's when I realized that I hadn't weighed in forever and I really didn't know (or care) how much I weighed. I feel good and I look good and that's what matters to me now.
  • emilybeaver
    emilybeaver Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I mentioned this in my other post but I'll post it here as well. Saturday we went out with our huge group of friends. I ordered a bacon cheeseburger with no bun and broccoli and cheese. Everyone looked at my strange but it was so yummy. I also stole 2 fries of my husbands and that is all I wanted. I told everyone that carbs make me angry so whatever you do, do not let me eat crap tonight when I want food after drinking all night.
    My husband shocked me. He knew I needed to eat, so instead of ordering me fries and a burger, he got me steak kabobs. Holy hell they were tasty. So I didn't fall off the eating bandwagon! I'm so proud!
  • kimbo8435
    kimbo8435 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    @ki4eld , that's awesome! I too, look forward to not having to put a load of thought into all this. So happy for you!
  • motown13
    motown13 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    OK, I guess this is a scale victory ( sorry ) but I went into the 250's today for the first time in close to 20 years... and it just felt good.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    ki4eld wrote: »
    xp... My NSV is that I stopped caring. I care about what I eat and how I feel, but I stopped caring about the number on the scale. First, I totally forgot my "19th of the month" mandatory weigh-in. Looking back, I've weighed once since February 19th. Second, someone asked me yesterday how much I weighed and that's when I realized that I hadn't weighed in forever and I really didn't know (or care) how much I weighed. I feel good and I look good and that's what matters to me now.

This is phenomenal!!! So excited, @ki4eld I'm working to that place myself...
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    I mentioned this in my other post but I'll post it here as well. Saturday we went out with our huge group of friends. I ordered a bacon cheeseburger with no bun and broccoli and cheese. Everyone looked at my strange but it was so yummy. I also stole 2 fries of my husbands and that is all I wanted. I told everyone that carbs make me angry so whatever you do, do not let me eat crap tonight when I want food after drinking all night.
    My husband shocked me. He knew I needed to eat, so instead of ordering me fries and a burger, he got me steak kabobs. Holy hell they were tasty. So I didn't fall off the eating bandwagon! I'm so proud!

High five to your and the hubster! That's awesome. @emilybeaver !
  • Tanukiko
    Tanukiko Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    My fingers have gotten smaller so my wedding rings fit better and my ering diamond looks bigger on my smaller finger.
  • chaoticdreams
    chaoticdreams Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I was ecstatic when my wedding rings fit again, @Tanukiko. Grats!

I won my diet bet, I avoided caving into sweets cravings all weekend (really bad ones that came out of nowhere), and at church yesterday (first time I've gone in years LOL) no one recognized me until I sat with my grandmother. Then I got bombarded with, "You have lost so much weight" comments. It was nice. :)

On the scale though..... so close to Onderland I am seriously getting psyched.
  • smuller73
    smuller73 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I was going through my wardrobe and trying things on to see what fit and what didn't and for fun tried on my wedding dress. I got married 11 years ago and was at my thinnest for a very long time and loved how I looked and felt on the day. I was able to pull the skirt part up without undoing the zip and it was very loose on my waist and the corset top went on over my head without undoing most of the buttons at the back and was baggy around the bust area. I also still have a dress I wore for my college graduation party (almost 20 years ago) and I can fit in it again.