Team: Thin it to Win it

Options

Replies

• mbhck
    mbhck Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Congratulations strength_76! That is very awesome! Keep doing what you're doing we can win this competition! :)
  • wahagent05
    wahagent05 Posts: 446 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    NEVER eat OR DRINK out of store bought containers such as bags, cans, or bottles...this will ALWAYS cause OVEREATING!!!!

ohuawqxwtism.jpg

0rmm1gxsk8bl.jpg

80e2v7icf3qy.jpg

qlz11u1gsa9v.png

ALWAYS USE PORTION CONTROL!!!!

3y65xqw4w6y0.jpg

WEIGH YOUR FOOD....IT WILL HELP YOU STAY UNDER YOUR CALORIE GOAL!

y4bolbs2d0x6.jpg

• Brittles927
    Brittles927 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    4cqkfslbtmgk.jpg

How are you all doing staying motivated?
    I'm going to be making a nice vision board to hang in front of my treadmill, since I'm bored of staring at a wall :P Have any of you made a vision board before? What else do you guys do to stay motivated?

My brother shared something the other day about staying motivated and it really resonated with me, he said, "Everyone actually knows how to lose weight, but the #1 ingredient to assist with shedding some pounds and keeping it off is not diet or exercise. It's will power. Discover your motivation and remain laser focused on it."

Anyway, hope you all have a fantastic day, and accomplish what you want to accomplish! :)
  • strength_76
    strength_76 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    You guys are so sweet! Thank you and can't wait to see the rest of the team's stats. I'm unable to exercise again this week (except for sat.) So I will be sure to keep the calories in check. Glad to have accountability here!
  • wahagent05
    Options
    britnaii22 wrote: »
    4cqkfslbtmgk.jpg

I'm going to be making a nice vision board to hang in front of my treadmill, since I'm bored of staring at a wall :P Have any of you made a vision board before? What else do you guys do to stay motivated?

My brother shared something the other day about staying motivated and it really resonated with me, he said, "Everyone actually knows how to lose weight, but the #1 ingredient to assist with shedding some pounds and keeping it off is not diet or exercise. It's will power. Discover your motivation and remain laser focused on it."

Anyway, hope you all have a fantastic day, and accomplish what you want to accomplish! :)

Britnail22...i love your post! Thank you for the info on MOTIVATION...much needed!

I am staying motivated, by coming to this thread, and listening to others success. i also like to just float around to different discussion threads and see what others are talking about! You find out a lot of interesting things to do on your journey!

Vision Board...Yes honey that works! I have stuff posted everywhere in my home...especially in my room...my board is full of POSITIVE STUFF! If it motivates me...it's on my board, wall, refrig, cabinet...lol...whatever it takes...i'm doing it!!!!
  • wahagent05
    Options
    You guys are so sweet! Thank you and can't wait to see the rest of the team's stats. I'm unable to exercise again this week (except for sat.) So I will be sure to keep the calories in check. Glad to have accountability here!

It happens...if possible try to do whatever you can. Core training will tone you up...do some crunches if you can!
    Work on your lower body...or upper if you are able to do so!
    Muscle boosts your metabolism! A pound of muscle will burn more calories at rest than a pound of fat!

Thank you again for stopping by...keep popping in...we need your support as well! :)
  • mbhck
    mbhck Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Well I ended up working a 13hr day.. Come home to a water main break that also broke the main valve into my basement so had to deal with that when I got home... Made dinner cleaned up a bit and now only because I have you guys depending on me I am going to the gym... My goal was to do an hour tonight bc my usual is only 35-40mins... Not sure I'm gonna make an hour but definitely gonna get my usual in! Thank goodness for this challenge because I need the motivation today for sure!!
  • wahagent05
    Options
    mbhck wrote: »
    Well I ended up working a 13hr day.. Come home to a water main break that also broke the main valve into my basement so had to deal with that when I got home... Made dinner cleaned up a bit and now only because I have you guys depending on me I am going to the gym... My goal was to do an hour tonight bc my usual is only 35-40mins... Not sure I'm gonna make an hour but definitely gonna get my usual in! Thank goodness for this challenge because I need the motivation today for sure!!

Awesome mbhck.....thank you for being a TEAM PLAYER!!!! We totally understand if you just don't have the energy to do 1 hour, don't OVER DO IT!!!

This is what i usually do to catch up if i get behind on a workout...
    For example......I workout for 1 hour each day 5 days per week, but i had to miss working out on TUESDAY...HOW DO YOU MAKE THIS UP?
    Instead of over working yourself...just ADD 20 MINS to your workout each day that you have left in the week!
    So Wed, Thurs, and Fri workouts will be 1 hr 20 mins.....do your normal 1 hr workout...but add another 20 min workout... in the A..M., on your lunch break, or before bed!
    On Monday all goes back to normal!
    You are Guilt-free & you have accomplished your weekly goal...And you stayed on Track!!!
  • wahagent05
    Options
    How we feel after exercising!

kyalb8dfgpxe.gif

• wahagent05
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Read ALL 10 steps!!! :)

60k8378y353z.jpg
  • wahagent05
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Had me at catch a fly with chopsticks!!! Really...who can do that!!! That's some Martial Arts stuff! lmbo!
  • Serendipity0913
    Serendipity0913 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure where you get your content @wahagent05 but definitely some good advice!! Thanks for sharing :smile:
  • slgibbs1987
    slgibbs1987 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    wahagent05 wrote: »
    Sabrina_Dolce has joined me in my challenge to lose 1 lb per week!!!! :)
    Plz don't leave us to do this alone....
    Make a commitment!
    Make life changes!

My goal for this challenge is to lose 10 pounds! With each other's support, we can do this1 :)
    britnaii22 wrote: »

I love your idea of an inspiration board! The only way I can make it through walking on the treadmill is watching tv shows on my phone / tablet. It takes my mind to another place and sure helps the time pass by!

Also, in my wallet where my money is.. I wrote some of my favorite inspirational quotes on a piece of paper (I believe I got this idea from Jillian Michaels haha!). That way when I am tempted to buy some unhealthy food, I have the quotes right there to remind me why it's so important to continue my journey and make better choices! I love that quote your brother said, I will have to add that to my sheet :)

I am also interested in creating an inspiration weight loss notebook / scrapbook. I would love to have my very own book to look through that shows me through my journey!

Congrats @strength_76 !!! Keep up the great work!
    mbhck wrote: »

Oh goodness, what a day you had! Glad you are still planning to workout despite everything! Very motivational! & you have the right idea... Even if you can't add extra time, being active is still the biggest part of weight loss, no matter what you put in!
  • slgibbs1987
    slgibbs1987 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Gotta do my daily check in now!

With exercise I was able to stay under my calorie goal.

I walked for 50 minutes on the treadmill today.

Made my goals of 9,000 steps again!

Now i'm ready for bed! Haha goodnight team!

Also, thank you @wahagent05 !! I love all the tips and advice you give to us!! It's all very inspirational! :)
  • wahagent05
    Options
    Good Morning Team!!! I am so glad to see everyone sharing again ...this is sooooo great!
    Your personal experiences, and suggestions are really helpful!
    slgibbs1987 Thank you for the idea about the inspirational quotes in your wallet...i will try that!

Keep it coming guys! We look forward to hearing what you have to say everyday!
  • Serendipity0913
    Serendipity0913 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Hi Team Thin It To Win It!!

Some of you may already know but for those that don't I'm a single mom (age 45) of 2 beautiful kiddos (age 6 and 2) A couple weeks ago on a rainy day stuck inside we decided to do arts & crafts. I wanted to share our masterpiece with you in hopes it gives you motivation too. They are my motivation on a daily basis and now they have also contributed to my workout motivation. Here is what my treadmill spot is decorated with. I watch tv through my whole workout but the last 10-15 minutes can be grueling at times. Now when I look at the wall in front of me I'm reminded of what my workout contributes to. :smile:

zux0budrneot.jpg
  • wahagent05
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I have decided to post a TEAM AWARD for the teammate who has loss the most weight each WEEK & also a MVP AWARD for the teammate who has loss the most weight OVERALL for the MONTH! This will be determined by your Total Weight Loss PERCENTAGE!!!

Who will be named our THIN IT TO WIN IT "BIGGEST LOSER" FOR EACH WEEK!!! and for the MONTH OF APRIL???

WILL IT BE YOU? Who will win this week??? Who will win MVP???

Announcements will be made every SUNDAY!

• wahagent05
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Hi Team Thin It To Win It!!

Some of you may already know but for those that don't I'm a single mom (age 45) of 2 beautiful kiddos (age 6 and 2) A couple weeks ago on a rainy day stuck inside we decided to do arts & crafts. I wanted to share our masterpiece with you in hopes it gives you motivation too. They are my motivation on a daily basis and now they have also contributed to my workout motivation. Here is what my treadmill spot is decorated with. I watch tv through my whole workout but the last 10-15 minutes can be grueling at times. Now when I look at the wall in front of me I'm reminded of what my workout contributes to. :smile:

zux0budrneot.jpg

Wow! serendipity0913 that is really great! What a way to stay motivated! Rainy days will bring magnificent ideas!!!
  • wahagent05
    edited April 2016
    Options
    ATTENTION TEAM.....I took a few minutes to look at how the other teams are doing on their weigh in, and these teams are really working hard! I have seen weight loss from 1-8 lbs in just the 1st week...with an average weight loss of 1.5-2.5 lbs!
    Hope everyone is putting in 100%...we need EVERYONE working out "in some way" in order to win this challenge!!!! The 1st week is VERY IMPORTANT....we do not wanna be in last place!!! It is extremely hard to reach the TOP from the BOTTOM...it requires so much extra work!
    Let's focus on being in the top 3 each week, so that we may be contenders for 1st place!

We have 10 teams in this challenge, with 15 ppl on each team!
    Let's show them that TEAM THIN IT OR WIN IT came to battle!

ks9zqhcwehrl.jpg