Team: Thin it to Win it

Options

Replies

• Brittles927
    Brittles927 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    @303lissy - Do you think that the squat challenge is more of a strength training workout? I just remembered for this challenge the best thing for us to be doing is cardio to help drop pounds fast :p

If that's the case, I'll hold off until May to start it :)
  • wahagent05
    wahagent05 Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    britnaii22 Count me in on the Squat Challenge! I cant wait to report my progress!!!!!
    Squats a definite YES...flat booty a DEFINITE NO.... Lmbo!!!!! :)
  • wahagent05
    edited April 2016
    Options
    303lissy wrote: »
    I did that squat challenge last month and it's phenomenal!! Made me get squats into my daily routine. Seriously, it's 'easy' to drop 20 squats here and there. I'm already 100+ squats today.

Let's keep it up guys! What's something we all want to accomplish this week?

I really want to get up early on Tuesday and Thursday and get some working out done before work. Wednesday and Friday I have PT, so I'm forced to get up, but I've been known to sleep until the last possible minute before work. So I'm setting my alarm for earlier those two days and will either go for a walk around my neighborhood, or if it's raining (like it says it will), get some yoga done.

Thanks for the info on squats...looking at those numbers had me a lil nervous!
    Glad to know that it's doable!

Let's all do a10 Minute HIIT or Tabata workout each day....added toour regular workout of course! Either burns more calories in 10 mins than most ppl would think! And it's only 10 mins!
    You can find the workouts on YOUTUBE!
  • Brittles927
    Options
    @strength_76 - Maybe we could do some boxing instead? Every time someone on The Biggest Loser show had a lower body injury they would have them do some swimming or boxing for a good cardio workout. And they would drop weight really fast doing so too! :) I don't know much about boxing but I'll look up some workouts on youtube and see if I can find something that would interest everyone! Feel free to look too :)
  • wahagent05
    edited April 2016
    Options
    P.S. squats really really hurt my bad knees, any alternative?

Donkey kicks for the gluts are great! Use a pillow under your stationery knee for comfort!
  • 303lissy
    303lissy Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    HIIT and Tabata tends to involve a lot of jumping, which my leg just won't allow right now, so that's out for me :(

• wahagent05
    Options
    Boxing is always a great workout! So is dancing, and dancing is fun!
    Put on your favorite music...you know...that music that makes you jump up and dance...yes that music and START DANCING!!!! REPEAT until you are working up a GOOD sweat!
  • SuperSizeMeNot
    SuperSizeMeNot Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    So as you know my scale is broke. I got a new one today and reweighed myself, I weigh 234.1 as of today!!!
  • SuperSizeMeNot
    SuperSizeMeNot Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Goal: is to get down to 225 with this challenge!
  • wahagent05
    Options
    Goal: is to get down to 225 with this challenge!

Yes, you can definitely do 10 LBS by the end of the month!
    Keep moving, the pounds will start coming off...just keep pushing yourself!
  • wahagent05
    Options
  • wahagent05
    edited April 2016
    Options
    ftj0sahphx46.jpg

Let's add ABS to our squat challenge! Anyone wanna tackle this add-on with me?
    You can start on Day1 or Day 11...it's your choice! If you start on Day 11 today....on day 12 repeat Day 11 (do not take a rest day)...continue with Day 13-30

Total squats for 30 days is 3300...total crunches is 2600!
    Since we are starting late...I am doing 165 squats & 103 crunches per day for 20 days!
    Doing 55 squats & 34 crunches 3x per day! Woooowee! Hope to firm up this jiggle!
  • Brittles927
    Options
    How is everyone doing today?

I avoided the afternoon chocolate craving and had Skinny Pop instead :p
  • wahagent05
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I am doing ok...just one of those days when you wanna snack on everything in sight!

I am snacking on Almonds....hope tomorrow is a better day! I can really eat everything today! :/
    I completed my squats and Ab challenge for today! It was not as tough as i thought, but it was challenging! I pushed through it, kept my proper form and complete them all! Yayyyyy!
  • nerdishgirl3
    nerdishgirl3 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I had a carb rich lunch. It's rare that I treat myself to such, but I've been having a bad month and the treat helped cheer me up. I walked an extra quarter mile today to help offset the meal. I'm going to do extra squats before bed too.
  • Ellebee332
    Ellebee332 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm in for the squats and abs challenge! Woohoo!
    Most of my fitness efforts have been taken up with dance just lately. I do ITS belly dance. It is so much fun but only a moderate workout. However, I have just committed to doing a public performance! Hmm, baring my torso and shaking my booty in front of 100 people? Talk about motivation to get into shape! :o
  • wahagent05
    Options
    I had a carb rich lunch. It's rare that I treat myself to such, but I've been having a bad month and the treat helped cheer me up. I walked an extra quarter mile today to help offset the meal. I'm going to do extra squats before bed too.

One cheat day per week is okay...as long as we stay under our calorie goal. Crab also sounds good....think you picked a good choice of food to cheat with!
  • wahagent05
    Options
    Ellebee332 wrote: »
    I'm in for the squats and abs challenge! Woohoo!
    Most of my fitness efforts have been taken up with dance just lately. I do ITS belly dance. It is so much fun but only a moderate workout. However, I have just committed to doing a public performance! Hmm, baring my torso and shaking my booty in front of 100 people? Talk about motivation to get into shape! :o

Yeeesss, I ave someone doing the squat.... & AB challenge with me!!!! Thank you Ellebee332 for committing to the mini challenge! We can do this! Just image how toned we will be in 20 days!

We now have 3 ppl on this challenge...anyone else want to join?
  • ds1415
    ds1415 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    So friends ... last week I didn't lose much and I wondered why. I was sad and didn't step on the scale up to now. And guess what 2 liters of extra water and 30 minutes extra walk did to me. I lost 5 pounds already this week. I did a lot of portion control as well.
    The 10 pound weight loss target in the month of April seems doable now .... 5.2 lb down and only 4.8 to go :)