Replies

• wickedlovely2539
    wickedlovely2539 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Weigh in: 308.6 lbs!!
  • Brittles927
    Brittles927 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    So I just looked at our tracking spreadsheet and wow our team is doing pretty good so far!

Also @SuperSizeMeNot - Congratulations on losing 8lbs last week and this week! Are you just doing lots of exercise? What kind of diet are you doing?
  • wahagent05
    wahagent05 Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    z5s1pfecdyh2.gif

Great job to the following teammates for their weight loss for WEEK 2.....

Ellebee332 (1.5 LBS)
    Wickedlovely2539 (3.4 LBS)
    Strength_76 (2.0 LBS)
    Supersizemenot (7.9 LBS)

Additional congrats to ds1415 who does NOT weigh in UNTIL FRIDAY, but has already loss 5.2 LBS this week!!!!!

I am so proud of each of you! You have really stepped up for your team this week! Thank you so much for putting in the hard work to help keep our team as one of the top teams in this challenge! This is not only a victory for the team, but most importantly a PERSONAL VICTORY for you as well!
    Keep on pushing...you're doing great!!!!
  • wahagent05
    Options
  • wahagent05
    Options
    I am doing great on my squats and abs challenge thus far! Believe it or not, i can already tell that the squats are starting to firm up my thighs, and lift my gluts!!! I may do this challenge again really soon!
  • ds1415
    ds1415 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Thats great wahagent05. Squats are just not for me. I got severe knee pain trying to do those, so I started do lunges instead.
  • wahagent05
    Options
    ds1415 wrote: »
    Thats great wahagent05. Squats are just not for me. I got severe knee pain trying to do those, so I started do lunges instead.

Lunges are also great! They are very effective as well. You should see a noticeable difference after doing them for a week or more! I may try a Lunge challenge next month!
    Good that you found a mini challenge that will be effective for you! Plz keep me posted on your progress!
  • wahagent05
    Options
  • 303lissy
    303lissy Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Oh god lunges are the worst (for me!). Another challenge I'm a part of challenged us to do 100 in a day (50 each leg), double points if you could do 200. I nearly collapsed after the 100 my legs were shaking so bad. I really need to incorporate them into my work outs more.

So my bad news is I've put on weight this week. Combination of stress and MTOTM. I'm hoping any water weight will magically disappear tonight for tomorrow's weigh in, but tomorrow isn't going to be as good as I hope.

Next week will be better, promise!
  • Brittles927
    Brittles927 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    So I'm not supposed to weigh in until tomorrow but my clothes have all been so loose this week that I really was curious on how I was doing.. I've lost 2lbs! I'm hoping to lose at least one more for tomorrow's weigh in. I've cut out chocolate completely this week (doing a 21 day no junk food challenge) and I feel really good, maybe craving some chocolate lol but I'm feeling pretty proud of myself. :)
  • slgibbs1987
    slgibbs1987 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Hey team!! Sorry I have been MIA this week but I've been quite busy. I am so glad to see this thread so active!

I weighed in today and lost 1.8 pounds. I was hoping for a higher number but I am still thankful it is a loss.

I am in with the squats challenge! Maybe it'll be the motivation I need to kick it into the next gear!!
  • wahagent05
    Options
    303lissy wrote: »
    Oh god lunges are the worst (for me!). Another challenge I'm a part of challenged us to do 100 in a day (50 each leg), double points if you could do 200. I nearly collapsed after the 100 my legs were shaking so bad. I really need to incorporate them into my work outs more.

So my bad news is I've put on weight this week. Combination of stress and MTOTM. I'm hoping any water weight will magically disappear tonight for tomorrow's weigh in, but tomorrow isn't going to be as good as I hope.

Next week will be better, promise!

Same here for me as well! At least i feel better now that i know i'm not alone! :)
    Any weight loss will be a plus for us! We can make up the difference next week!
  • wahagent05
    Options
    britnaii22 wrote: »
    So I'm not supposed to weigh in until tomorrow but my clothes have all been so loose this week that I really was curious on how I was doing.. I've lost 2lbs! I'm hoping to lose at least one more for tomorrow's weigh in. I've cut out chocolate completely this week (doing a 21 day no junk food challenge) and I feel really good, maybe craving some chocolate lol but I'm feeling pretty proud of myself. :)

Congrats on the 2 LB loss...yes tomorrow may be 2.5-3 lbs...that's great!
  • wahagent05
    Options
    Hey team!! Sorry I have been MIA this week but I've been quite busy. I am so glad to see this thread so active!

I weighed in today and lost 1.8 pounds. I was hoping for a higher number but I am still thankful it is a loss.

I am in with the squats challenge! Maybe it'll be the motivation I need to kick it into the next gear!!

Congrats on your continued weight loss...1.8 lb is still good for one week!!! I say...ANY loss is a PLUS for the team! Way to go SLGIBBS1987!!!! Thanks for sharing!!!
  • SuperSizeMeNot
    SuperSizeMeNot Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I need help with portions
  • wahagent05
    Options

Hi supersizemenot...here are a few tips...
    I eat out of smaller dishes! I never use a dinner plates or BOWLS! I use a salad plate! Compare the sizes below...

Appetizer, dessert, salad plate, and side plates: vary in size from 4 to 9 inches. Bread and butter plate: small (about 6–7 inches) for individual servings. Lunch or dessert plates (typically 9 inches) Dinner plates: large (10–12 inches), including buffet plates, serving plates which tend to be larger (11–14 inches)

When we are trying to lose weight but continue to eat out of our regular dinner plates, we tend to fill our plates or bowls full of food!
    The eyes are very tricky! If it doesn't look like enough you will pile more on, or go back for more!

Here is a good webpage to read on the study!

http://breakingmuscle.com/nutrition/lose-weight-with-smaller-plates-science-weighs-in-on-dishsize-and-calories

Here is a general rule about how to control your sizes...

mvelbefwyqiq.jpg
  • slgibbs1987
    Options

@wahagent05 has some great tips above!!

What has helped me is when I started weighing my food with a food scale. I would look at the nutrition label and weigh my food accordingly.. the more you weigh foods, you more you will be able to eye how much you are putting on your plate.
  • slgibbs1987
    Options
    Ok...... so I just noticed you can "Like" forum posts now!! That is awesome!!!
  • nerdishgirl3
    nerdishgirl3 Posts: 15 Member
    Options

@wahagent05 has some great tips above!!

What has helped me is when I started weighing my food with a food scale. I would look at the nutrition label and weigh my food accordingly.. the more you weigh foods, you more you will be able to eye how much you are putting on your plate.

I agree wholeheartedly! I had horrible portion control until I stated taking the time to measure out the foods I eat the most of. This way, I was able to look at a serving on my plate and remember roughly how much of the plate was covered. As long as its a "normal" food for me, I'm pretty good at eyeballing the correct portion even if I'm at a restaurant.

• wahagent05
    Options
    The scale is an excellent idea! I have looked at scales to purchase myself, but opted out! :) I will eventually break down and decide which one i will purchase. So far so good on using salad plate, it keeps me way under what i would normally eat in a dinner plate!
    Thanks for sharing ladies!