Replies

• SarahsFitMess
    SarahsFitMess Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Went over by 25 Calories not a terrible day but I can do better
  • Nuari2016
    Nuari2016 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Date night. Cheesecake Factory. Stayed within budget. WIN!

Holy moly, I didn't think I'd ever read "Cheesecake Factory" and "stayed within budget" in the same sentence. Well done indeed!!!
  • Nuari2016
    Nuari2016 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    It's been a very meh few days. My stress level has been sky high, and Friday I was on the go from 6:30 am until 10:30 pm. I managed to stay within or very close to caloric budget each day, but my eating didn't feel good, if that makes any sense. I also had to rely on coffee to keep me going, and ended up not drinking enough water. I'm going to make a point of chugging down the H20 today.
  • ClarissaCLD
    ClarissaCLD Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I've been naughty and eaten a tub of Oreo ice cream I found in the freezer :s
  • RunawayCurves
    RunawayCurves Posts: 688 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    My food intake has been rubbish for last two weeks or so, been really ill with bipolar and also gastric upset which often go hand in hand for me. I hate it so much. Always the same pattern. First I very abruptly feel utterly exhausted and very weak so every movement is a huge effort, next I notice my mood drops into a deepening depression, next I find it very hard to get up out of bed, the tiredness gets progressively worse. Next I feel ravenously hungry all the time and get lots of cravings. I then am so exhausted and depressed and fuzzy headed that I give in to the cravings. I then get severe gastric upset and this all worsens over several weeks until one day I wake up and become aware I am actually awake and not a zombie. My motivation and mood spontaneously rise up out of the ashes, I clean up weeks worth of mess and catch up on everything. I tentatively look at scales and have usually gained about 20lb from fluid inflammation, muscle wastage and blubber increase. I notice my appetite drops away abruptly. Using my renewed motivation and consciousness abilities I resume eating healthy. It takes a few days but the gastric upset settles down and over next two weeks my weight rapidly drops as fluid retention goes and body composition adjusts back to my normal. While enjoying feeling human and with functioning digestive system I once again enjoy doing things like being able to leave my home and go for walks etc. My energy levels and mood rise and then one day I abruptly feel utterly exhausted and whole thing repeats. It is like some weird form or torture. I hate living like this. I hate bipolar.
    I am now going to look into GAPS diet which all about gut bacteria and how imbalances in that can poison body and affect brain function. It seems to fit my issues.
    http://www.gaps.me/?page
  • Pepperh3ad
    Pepperh3ad Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    My food intake has been rubbish for last two weeks or so, been really ill with bipolar and also gastric upset which often go hand in hand for me. I hate it so much. Always the same pattern. First I very abruptly feel utterly exhausted and very weak so every movement is a huge effort, next I notice my mood drops into a deepening depression, next I find it very hard to get up out of bed, the tiredness gets progressively worse. Next I feel ravenously hungry all the time and get lots of cravings. I then am so exhausted and depressed and fuzzy headed that I give in to the cravings. I then get severe gastric upset and this all worsens over several weeks until one day I wake up and become aware I am actually awake and not a zombie. My motivation and mood spontaneously rise up out of the ashes, I clean up weeks worth of mess and catch up on everything. I tentatively look at scales and have usually gained about 20lb from fluid inflammation, muscle wastage and blubber increase. I notice my appetite drops away abruptly. Using my renewed motivation and consciousness abilities I resume eating healthy. It takes a few days but the gastric upset settles down and over next two weeks my weight rapidly drops as fluid retention goes and body composition adjusts back to my normal. While enjoying feeling human and with functioning digestive system I once again enjoy doing things like being able to leave my home and go for walks etc. My energy levels and mood rise and then one day I abruptly feel utterly exhausted and whole thing repeats. It is like some weird form or torture. I hate living like this. I hate bipolar.
    I am now going to look into GAPS diet which all about gut bacteria and how imbalances in that can poison body and affect brain function. It seems to fit my issues.
    http://www.gaps.me/?page

That's rough! I hope you find something that helps soon! Hang in there!
  • Pepperh3ad
    Options
    Work stuff destroyed the last half of my week, I was thankfully able to stay on budget food-wise.
  • katdanash
    katdanash Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    I'm on vacation starting now . food has been crappy today . all I am craving is carbs.. Ugh but I will be OK. Brush myself off and start new tomorrow.
  • smurphy90
    smurphy90 Posts: 71 Member
    Options

I also have bipolar and PCOS and get very, very bad GI problems from both. I'm on Metformin for the PCOS (can't take birth control, which is the usual treatment, because of my bipolar meds) and it does help with the gastric problems a fair amount. However, I can 100% relate to not being able to leave the house, even for 20 minutes in episodes like this. It's completely awful and makes it even harder to try not to sink into such a deep depression, because it literally locks you in your house 24/7.

Eating right obviously helps immensely... but when your mood just... plummets without any warning eating right is incredibly hard to do. I'm really sorry you have to go through it. I do too and I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.

My daily report: I've been really good this week and have been under my calorie goal everyday. I haven't felt pleased with a few of the things I've been eating for the last couple days (ice cream, muffins, candy) even though I was under. I just notice how much worse I feel when I eat a lot of sugar. Again, my GI tract turns to hell with my mood fluctuations and PCOS and carbs make it terribly bad. Even a small amount of 100% fruit juice can give me tummy troubles.
  • audrey13027
    audrey13027 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    The day overall was not too bad! Mainly because, to avoid wandering in & out of the kitchen to "graze", I researched how to determine the nutritional value of home made foods...tedious, but interesting & distracting!
  • krce
    krce Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Obesitywarrior, sorry for your struggles :( I hope you can find relief soon!

Today was fine - i chose to give myself a little break today, but still stayed under calories & logged. I'm happy with that :)
  • SarahsFitMess
    SarahsFitMess Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Under goal today
  • smurphy90
    Options
    Went over by 400+ calories today, so not too pleased. I had a really great week last week though, and lost 3.4 pounds so I'm trying not to let today discourage me.
  • BarneyRubbleMD
    BarneyRubbleMD Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I did well Saturday and so far I'm doing well today (Sunday).
  • Pepperh3ad
    Options
    Went a little crazy at supper, but still came in under budget.
  • MYhealthyjourney70
    MYhealthyjourney70 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    had a lot going on these last few days but i did try to keep my food under control... not perfect but better than in the past... today i am prepped and ready to go...
  • audrey13027
    audrey13027 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Sunday was good, came in a 10 calories over budget---not bad considering dinner was spaghetti & meatballs! :)
  • smurphy90
    Options
    I had a really bad and emotionally exhausting day but managed to stay slightly under my budget for the day. As long as I can avoid any late night snacking from the stress, I should be good.
  • katdanash
    katdanash Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    Totally screwed up a good day with on bad choice . I didn't eat breakfast and now I'm starving. Ugh .. On a good note I am finding it easier to hit my water goal
  • krce
    krce Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Finished under limit today. Not all the most nutritious choices though...