NSV's = Non-scale Victories

Options

Replies

• Farback
    Farback Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    Congrats UncleMac. I've been in management roles in industry and the fire service for a lot of years, and you get the respect you earn. I've always considered my role as just part of the team, and always treat people with the respect and care I would expect to receive as a team member. It's worked well for 40 years now. When I was a FD Captain, I was the first in and the last out. It cost me a few sets of gear and a few burns, but the people on my team came first. I've reported to a lot of people in my 40 years in the work force, and have only respected a handful of them. I took their qualities of leadership, and incorporated them into my own. Sounds like you do the same.
  • UncleMac
    UncleMac Posts: 12,972 Member
    Options
    @luluinca, it sounds like you're strong in body and spirit both! Great NSV!!

@Farback, over the years I've worked with and for a wide variety of people; good, bad and ugly. I've always tried to make the best of every situation and sometimes that isn't easy. For quite a number of years, work was a refuge from a dysfunctional marriage… not a healthy situation, to say the least… That was before I was in a supervisory role.

Since I've moved to Ottawa, I've been trying to make the work/life balance livable… Ironically, the dysfunctional marriage got worse and then imploded… and shortly after, they reorganized our group and put a narcissistic asshat in change… Home life got better and continues to improve. Work life is still a struggle since I can't divorce my supervisor. That being said, we've had a change in the executive ranks and the new boss doesn't like morale problems so the activities of the narcissistic asshat are coming to light.
  • Montepulciano
    Montepulciano Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    @luluinca ...great NSV! Now if only I played tennis. :smile:

@UncleMac ...Karma. >:)>:)
  • UncleMac
    Options
    @UncleMac ...Karma. >:)>:)

It would probably bring negative karma to me if I wished ill on my supervisor. Instead, I hope he finds enlightenment. Of course, to do so, he would have to dig his head outta his *kitten*...

Another NSV. On Sunday, I dropped into the local sporting goods store and picked up new shorts for the gym. Mens athletic clothing is usually sized in S-M-L-XL-XXL. I found the XL too loose and got L instead. :blush:
  • marekdds
    marekdds Posts: 2,207 Member
    Options
    Buns of steel! Bravo, Uncle Mac!
  • Farback
    Options
  • UncleMac
    Options
    Farback wrote: »
    s6usnw2v5hnt.jpg
    Double-time for me? Thanks, boss!!
  • Montepulciano
    Options
    Nice win on the smaller size, UncleMac!

s6usnw2v5hnt.jpg

Love it. I find myself writing, 'that would be great' often and yes, I do hear his voice.
  • Farback
    Options
    UncleMac wrote: »
    s6usnw2v5hnt.jpg

Double time? You working for the Feds?
  • UncleMac
    Options
    UncleMac wrote: »
    s6usnw2v5hnt.jpg

Double time? You working for the Feds?

As a matter of fact, yes... yes, I am...
  • UncleMac
    Options
    Nice win on the smaller size, UncleMac!

s6usnw2v5hnt.jpg

Love it. I find myself writing, 'that would be great' often and yes, I do hear his voice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFRa7Ovym8s
  • Montepulciano
    Options
    Yes, just like that!
  • curvygirl512
    curvygirl512 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I've only been back a week and I've lost just a few pounds, but my pants are looser. It's a nice feeling for the waist not to be so tight.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    That's great, Curvy. Such positive reinforcement can help with the next steps. :smiley:
  • curvygirl512
    Options
    Thank you, RodaRose. For the next several weeks, I'm going to focus on cleaning up my bad eating habits. Hopefully, this will improve my overall health AND my waist line. :)
  • RodaRose
    edited April 2016
    Options
    You are doing really well B)
  • curvygirl512
    Options
    Thank you.
  • E_Brault
    E_Brault Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I know I mentioned this before, but as I get even better at it - it bears repeating. I have been doing a ton of squats and deadlifts at the gym. Now there is no hesitation, if I have to squat down and put away pots and pans in my kitchen or even organize them like I did yesterday.

This morning I was vacuuming and I didn't give it a second thought about squatting down and plugging in the vacuum - under a table and in a pretty awkward spot - but it is most central to reach all places in the living room. (So not so awkward anymore
  • UncleMac
    Options
    What a great NSV!! Doesn't it feel great to get moving freely again?
  • RodaRose
    Options
    So cool that you are feeling good your accomplishments. :star: