Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• Aine8046
    Aine8046 Posts: 2,122 Member
    Options
    NancyN795 wrote: »
    I attempted W6D3 today, but couldn't complete it. :/ I think I've had to take too many days off and my willpower just wasn't there. I kept having to slow to a walk. I probably would have skipped today too (like I said, my willpower is shot) except that 1) I had a big lunch and needed the calories so I can eat dinner; and 2) we have another spring storm headed our way and I may not be able to run outside again until next week unless want to get out there and run in the wet and cold.

Bad runs happen, do not worry. We need them to appreciate the good ones :)
  • Aine8046
    Options
    sueann10 wrote: »
    Completed W7 D1! I simply can't believe 7 weeks ago I couldn't run!
    I remember how amazed I was too when I got from couch potato to a runner in less than two months! :)

• Aine8046
    Options
    jessicapk wrote: »
    Good morning! I've been lurking on this forum for a little while now :smile: I've been cycling for years and have always wanted to incorporate running into my routine since it has an effect on my everyday life, plus it can be done with little to no special equipment.

Started C25K on the 20th and just did Week 2, Day 2 yesterday. Feeling stronger than ever! Today is a rest day for me but I'll be doing W2D3 tomorrow after work and I'm thinking about repeating one more day of week 2 on the weekend before heading into Week 3 on Monday.

For those of you that think you're too heavy to start, I'm currently about 245 lbs and yes, it is tough but you will push through it if you get your mind in the right place. Yesterday's "run" was a great confidence booster, as I saw my average speed naturally go up and I pushed through on a day that I would much rather have eaten dinner and gone to sleep early. Anyway, just wanted to stop in and introduce myself. There's a lot of awesomeness going on in this thread :smile:

Welcome and enjoy the journey! :)
  • Aine8046
    Options
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    NancyN795 wrote: »
    I attempted W6D3 today, but couldn't complete it. :/ I think I've had to take too many days off and my willpower just wasn't there. I kept having to slow to a walk. I probably would have skipped today too (like I said, my willpower is shot) except that 1) I had a big lunch and needed the calories so I can eat dinner; and 2) we have another spring storm headed our way and I may not be able to run outside again until next week unless want to get out there and run in the wet and cold.

Running in the rain can be refreshing, but not the cold rain. Hope you find your willpower soon!
    I like running in warm rain- nice and refreshing. Ran in cold ones couple times (they started when I was halfway through) and it was not terribly bad, but I did not enjoy it.
  • Aine8046
    Options
    smiles4jo wrote: »
    Hi all! I'm new here, but it's nice to be able to talk about my newest obsession. Although he is very supportive, I'm sure my husband is tired of hearing about C25K lol

Anyway, I finished week 2 yesterday and I'm feeling great. In fact, my phone died on me during one of my runs this week and I had run way longer than the 90 seconds before I realized that it was not going to tell me to start walking lol That gives me confidence that I can keep going! :)

Well, my husband is not interested in my running so I am grateful to mfp too! :)
    Welcome aboard - this will be fun! Do you have a race in your mind yet?
  • RespectTheKitty
    RespectTheKitty Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    Finished w4d3 today. Started out rough... my right leg was bothering me a bit at first, but it loosened up eventually and I was able to run the prescribed 3-5-3-5. Added a couple more minutes during cooldown. Felt mostly like a lumbering elephant for most of my run, but eh.
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Options
    Finished w4d3 today. Started out rough... my right leg was bothering me a bit at first, but it loosened up eventually and I was able to run the prescribed 3-5-3-5. Added a couple more minutes during cooldown. Felt mostly like a lumbering elephant for most of my run, but eh.

@RespectTheKitty Every once in a while I have a Calf that will Moan and Groan at me when I start out, I have learned to just slow down the pace a bit and it slowly relaxes/loosens up and then I can get back up to my normal pace.
  • PantoneRed
    PantoneRed Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Finished today! So proud of myself. Looking forward to starting C210K on Monday.

Well done! That's awesome!! I've just finished Week 1 C25K and am proud of my accomplishment too. :)
  • amybugfit
    amybugfit Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Finished up week 4 this week.... halfway, hooray! Feeling great and looking forward to week 5 next week. :smiley:
  • Aine8046
    Options
    Finished today! So proud of myself. Looking forward to starting C210K on Monday.

Congrats! :)
  • Aine8046
    Options
    Week 5 Day 3 is done.
    Was running past some beautiful blooming trees this morning:
    ltbhl8j9aigl.jpg
  • famousmel
    famousmel Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Heading out for my first 28 minute run today-fingers crossed! I seem to be losing my motivation a bit, but my race in is 5 weeks and I'm not at 3K yet, so I know I need to stay focused! (Yes, that's over 15min/mile, but I'm still putting one foot in front of the other!!)
  • RespectTheKitty
    RespectTheKitty Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    Today I did week 5 day 1 and I just felt great. I felt like I could run a lot longer than I did. As it turns out, I added on one extra 5-minute run interval to the end of the workout.
  • rnurse82
    rnurse82 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    W2D2 completed this morning! I am so pumped! I have never been so motivated in my life!! I am doing every other day. Anyone else do every ther day or are most of you only doin 3 days in a week with 2 consecutive days off once during the week? I figured if for some reason I have to repeat a day or two I won't fall too far behind the 9 week mark.

I can't believe how fast 90 seconds goes when I'm running. I can't believe I'll be doing 3 mins and 5 mins within the next couple weeks! Crazy! Scary! Exciting!!
  • Aine8046
    Options
    Week6 Day1 is done! Nice and easy run outside :)
    mn1ej2gj7qsy.jpg

• Aine8046
    Options
    famousmel wrote: »
    Heading out for my first 28 minute run today-fingers crossed! I seem to be losing my motivation a bit, but my race in is 5 weeks and I'm not at 3K yet, so I know I need to stay focused! (Yes, that's over 15min/mile, but I'm still putting one foot in front of the other!!)

Keep it up! My race is also in about 5 weeks! :)
  • PantoneRed
    PantoneRed Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    rnurse82 wrote: »
    W2D2 completed this morning! I can't believe how fast 90 seconds goes when I'm running. I can't believe I'll be doing 3 mins and 5 mins within the next couple weeks! Crazy! Scary! Exciting!!

Same @rnurse82 . I swear I could hear the Rocky theme song during my last sprint! W2D1 C25K as well as Wk2D1 Insanity are in the books. Feeling awesome.

• amybugfit
    amybugfit Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Today I did week 5 day 1 and I just felt great. I felt like I could run a lot longer than I did. As it turns out, I added on one extra 5-minute run interval to the end of the workout.

Hey we are on the same schedule! :smiley:
  • kat00_ca
    kat00_ca Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Decided to get back into running again so I started with W1D1 yesterday and felt pretty good. I feel like I could skip to 2nd week but given that I'm starting fastball again very soon, it's better not to push it too much too soon! :)