Daily Check In Thread

Replies

• NancyN795
    NancyN795 Posts: 1,134 Member
    The northern front range of Colorado. Just in the beginning of the foothills.
  • RespectTheKitty
    RespectTheKitty Posts: 1,667 Member
    Supposed to do w5d3 today, and guess what decides to start up? My TOM! Oh this should be so fun....
  • kat00_ca
    kat00_ca Posts: 39 Member
    W1D2 done last night. Man, that was a brutal run against a strong headwind for the first 1/2 of the run but felt good to get it done!
  • wonko221
    wonko221 Posts: 292 Member
    rnurse82 wrote: »
    I'm over here on W2D3 and according to mapmyrun did a 17 min mile! (Jog/walk) I am wayyyy behind you guys hahaha I know speed will come. Plus we live in the mountains so it's hard work lol

You're not behind anyone else. What's more, you're way ahead of two-weeks-ago you!

Keep it up. You're doing great.
  • smiles4jo
    smiles4jo Posts: 202 Member
    Supposed to do w5d3 today, and guess what decides to start up? My TOM! Oh this should be so fun....

Eh, don't know what I was worried about. I finished it just fine. :smile:

You're my hero! :smiley:
  • rnurse82
    rnurse82 Posts: 94 Member
    @wonko221 thank you for the encouragement!

Today will be W3d2. I. Cannot believe I made it through Day1!! With no complaints really. Is burnin feet normal and something that gets better over time?

Also, the bottom inside of my knee is achy? Not really pain and walking and running now is not an issue. I tried google and came up with numerous things. It's my left knee. I am thinking it is due to an uneven road and the way my left leg is compensating. I am going to try and run in the middle of my lane today and see if that helps.

I too love the scenery pics! How do you take pics and run!!? LOL
  • Aine8046
    Aine8046 Posts: 2,122 Member
    NancyN795 wrote: »
    The northern front range of Colorado. Just in the beginning of the foothills.

I looked at your profile - Loveland! We visited some friends in Fort Collins and passed Loveland on our way to one of the parks. It's absolutely beautiful area where you live! You are so lucky! :)
  • Aine8046
    Eh, don't know what I was worried about. I finished it just fine. :smile:

Congrats! You can do the rest just fine as well! :)
  • Aine8046
    I too love the scenery pics! How do you take pics and run!!? LOL

I stop for few sec and take it with my phone. Sometimes I do not even stop, but then they are really bad. I have a very simple phone with a very basic camera, so my hand should not shake.
    Here is one more from this morning. By the way, Week 6 is done! :)
    53uk3aegxtx9.jpg
    cows.jpg 166.3K
  • Aine8046

Today will be W3d2. I. Cannot believe I made it through Day1!! With no complaints really. Is burnin feet normal and something that gets better over time?

Congrats! My feet never burned, only muscles got sore... Try different shoes in a specialized store?
  • NancyN795
    NancyN795 Posts: 1,134 Member
    W6D3 done! Good run today. I figured I'd better get out and do it this morning as we have thunderstorms with significant rain predicted today. It was cloudy and windy and trying to rain. I was a bit cold starting out but was fine once I warmed up (I wore my "cool weather" running clothes). So, the fact that today is a lot cooler and that I haven't already gone for a 5 mile walk probably explains why it was so much better a run than the last one. It was a pretty good morning for running, but not a good day for going for a walk.

@rnurse82 : I cheated and took that picture while on a walk with my husband. I wouldn't try to take a picture while running. I tried to take one near the end of my warm up today, before I started running, but I messed it up. My feet used to burn when my husband and I first started walking a lot. By the time I took up running, they were fine. It's my knees that I have to worry about. But, do make sure you've got the right shoes and socks.

@Aine8046 : We do like the area. You probably went up to Rocky Mountain National Park through Big Thompson Canyon. We're in the next valley south of the Big Thompson.
  • Aine8046
    NancyN795 wrote: »
    @Aine8046 : We do like the area. You probably went up to Rocky Mountain National Park through Big Thompson Canyon. We're in the next valley south of the Big Thompson.

Yes, we did!
    Congrats on finishing Week 6! :)
  • inka912
    inka912 Posts: 66 Member
    I think I've never experienced that. Do you use some good running shoes or just regular fitness shoes? Maybe that's what it is?

W5D1 done! I thought I wouldn't be able to make it because I am so sore everywhere, including my legs (yesterday's lifting) but I did!
    I love jogging in the park right next to my house:

20160507_115631_zps0badpvft.jpg
  • rnurse82
    rnurse82 Posts: 94 Member
    I have Brooks shoes. It doesn't seem as bad today when I was running. Maybe it was a getting used to it thing. Who knows!

• Aine8046
    inka912 wrote: »
    I think I've never experienced that. Do you use some good running shoes or just regular fitness shoes? Maybe that's what it is?

W5D1 done! I thought I wouldn't be able to make it because I am so sore everywhere, including my legs (yesterday's lifting) but I did!
    I love jogging in the park right next to my house:

20160507_115631_zps0badpvft.jpg

Nice park! :) And congrats on moving into Week 5! :)
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    @rnurse82 You asked about Burnin feet normal and something that gets better over time?

No Burnin Feet are not normal. If its not your shoes it might be your socks. Good Wicking socks make a big difference.
    Once you have been running for a while you will end up with multiple socks and a few pairs of shoes. That is when you can truly
    tell whether it is a shoe issue, sock issue or a combination of the two.
    Mix and match to see if the problem follows the shoes or the socks.
    My longest run so far was 32km and no foot discomfort-burnin.
  • sueann10
    sueann10 Posts: 74 Member

This happened to me on Fri but I really wanted to finish week 7 and did it after work for the first time. I normally run first thing in the morning. Think it is one of the few times in my life I exercised on the first day :) Way to go us!
  • sueann10
    sueann10 Posts: 74 Member
    Just completed W8 D1! Best run I've had so far. Not only have I gotten faster but I felt like going the full 30 mins D3 will bring. Decided there was no rush and just follow the program. Feel so strong today! Two more runs! Congratulations all on the past week.
  • ssakcik
    ssakcik Posts: 121 Member
    edited May 2016
    Double post. Sorry