What does your low carb meals look like??

Options

Replies

• zyxy55
    zyxy55 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    353tle4kg1g6.jpeg

My take on the classic BLT using sliced cheddar in place if the bread. Sometimes I just do a lettuce wrap, but for some inexplicable reason it's about 10 times messier.

a9cuc5szazm1.jpeg

Also a tuna melt. (I guess I'm on a faux sandwich phase!) I made tuna salad, put cheese on top, nuked it, and then ate it on cucumber slices. The melty, hot tuna and crunchy, cool cucumber was a nice contrast.
  • Kellryn
    Kellryn Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    That BLT looks good! Not sure why I've never thought of it, I eat lunch meat/salami between 2 slices of cheese all the time.
  • auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    Oopsie roll cooked in bacon fat breakfast sandwich
    eo4hok9cezm0.jpg

• ryanb1385
    ryanb1385 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    My favorite food truck, made LCHF.

pz59jx26ds9g.jpg
  • kriskrossness
    kriskrossness Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    zyxy55 wrote: »
    353tle4kg1g6.jpeg

My take on the classic BLT using sliced cheddar in place if the bread. Sometimes I just do a lettuce wrap, but for some inexplicable reason it's about 10 times messier.
    Oooh, I never thought of using cheese as the bread instead of a lettuce wrap xD You're absolutely right about the lettuce wrap being so messy.

• anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Options
    dpyo8njxspti.jpeg
    x64fv30uzhjq.jpeg

Saturday: steak, mushroom, and cheese fajitas.
    Sunday: burgers stuffed with chili and cheese, cheesy cauliflower, and grilled veggies.
  • zyxy55
    zyxy55 Posts: 46 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    @Kellryn BLT is one of my favorites. Glad to bring it to mind.

@kriskrossness I got the idea somewhere on this forum. Yay for recycling good ideas!
  • ettaterrell
    ettaterrell Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    anglyn1 wrote: »
    dpyo8njxspti.jpeg
    x64fv30uzhjq.jpeg

Saturday: steak, mushroom, and cheese fajitas.
    Sunday: burgers stuffed with chili and cheese, cheesy cauliflower, and grilled veggies.

Omg looks amazing!!!
  • Jo4applerose
    Jo4applerose Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    7fi7u9vgmmdj.jpeg

Beeakfast!
    two eggs over easy sautéed vegetables two slices of microwave bacon no nitrate 2 t olive oil
  • Jo4applerose
    Options
    Taco Boats! Seasoned ground turkey homemade Pico de galloyo9bwg7d592x.jpeg
  • Jo4applerose
    edited May 2016
    Options
    The flatbread look so good how did you make that? :p I cant have dairy or gluten but maybe some day.
  • ettaterrell
    ettaterrell Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    Wow... Some great looking food..
  • noclady1995
    noclady1995 Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    9s8yxi53sgw0.jpeg
    Chicken and broccoli slaw stir fry with 1 scrambled egg. My lunch for the week.
  • DananaNanas
    DananaNanas Posts: 665 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    The flatbread look so good how did you make that? :p I cant have dairy or gluten but maybe some day.

It was super easy... not sure if the flatbread had gluten or not? It was the fit & active brand from aldi... whole wheat wrap. But there are others you could use if you find a gluten free one!

Basically I just heat my oven to 350 and put the wrap on a cookie sheet. 1 tablespooon of olive oil and half a cup of cheese. I really only wanted to use a 1/4 cup of cheese cause I already had a lot of cheese yesterday but the olive oil would've overpowered the cheese... after that add your jalapenos and spices (garlic powder, basil, oregeno, crushed red pepper flakes) and bake ! I think I only baked it for like 5 minutes but I'm pretty sure there's something wrong with my oven so if yours functions properly you might keep it in for longer lol. I have to check every two minutes to make sure whatever I'm making isn't burnt to a crisp... got lucky with this one and pulled it out just in time :)

9 net carbs.
  • DananaNanas
    DananaNanas Posts: 665 Member
    Options

Do you scramble your eggs ahead of time? Did you eat this as a cold or hot dish?
  • Jo4applerose
    Options

It was super easy... not sure if the flatbread had gluten or not? It was the fit & active brand from aldi... whole wheat wrap. But there are others you could use if you find a gluten free one!

Basically I just heat my oven to 350 and put the wrap on a cookie sheet. 1 tablespooon of olive oil and half a cup of cheese. I really only wanted to use a 1/4 cup of cheese cause I already had a lot of cheese yesterday but the olive oil would've overpowered the cheese... after that add your jalapenos and spices (garlic powder, basil, oregeno, crushed red pepper flakes) and bake ! I think I only baked it for like 5 minutes but I'm pretty sure there's something wrong with my oven so if yours functions properly you might keep it in for longer lol. I have to check every two minutes to make sure whatever I'm making isn't burnt to a crisp... got lucky with this one and pulled it out just in time :)

9 net carbs.

Thank you! Looks so good. ❤️
  • noclady1995
    noclady1995 Posts: 452 Member
    Options

Do you scramble your eggs ahead of time? Did you eat this as a cold or hot dish?

I meal prepped on Sunday and scrambled the egg on the day before I ate it. And I ate it cold since I was too lazy to heat it up. Still tasted great!
  • Jo4applerose
    Options
  • Jo4applerose
    Options
    Sautéed chopped romaine lettuce mushrooms asparagus and olive oil two eggs over easy and two slices of extra crispy bacon with a splash of homemade Pico de gallo Yum Yum