NSV's = Non-scale Victories

Options

Replies

• E_Brault
    E_Brault Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Happy 60 Farback.

Logged on today to share my Trader Joe's shopping trip: the cashier called me miss!!! Those darn young cashiers at every store have been calling me Ma'am for about 10 years now. I hope it had something to do with the fact that I just came from the gym. Lol.

Hope you are all doing well. Enjoy your day.
  • chamblisk
    chamblisk Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    ^Bhahaha! Great NSV
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    woohoo!!!!
  • UncleMac
    UncleMac Posts: 12,969 Member
    Options
    That's a pretty good NSV!! Well done!!
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Happy day! Enjoy the good moments.
  • chamblisk
    Options
    @E_Brault ... I think you might want to wear those gym clothes around town all the time (Not wet and sweaty, though) It seems that you are rocking it with the young sales clerks! I know how hard it is to "see" yourself differently, but obviously to others you look young and more vibrant in your training duds. Maybe invest in some yoga pants and tanks for casual wear? It is outside my comfort zone, too, but I bet you look better than you think you do!! Score for us "older" folks!
  • UncleMac
    Options
    Believe it or not, I've never been ID'ed... I celebrated my 18th birthday at a pub although the legal age was 19. When I was younger, folks always assumed I was an adult. Nowadays, people usually guess me to be mid-40s...
  • robertw486
    robertw486 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    @E_Brault Quit trying to sneak into the liquor store young lady!
  • E_Brault
    E_Brault Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    UncleMac wrote: »
    Believe it or not, I've never been ID'ed... I celebrated my 18th birthday at a pub although the legal age was 19. When I was younger, folks always assumed I was an adult. Nowadays, people usually guess me to be mid-40s...

Since the age of 12, I was 5'10. I went away to camp and came back 3 inches taller. I haven't been carded since the age of 17, but I don't think carding was as strict as it is now. It is still a crack up!

You made me laugh Robert. Thanks. Chamblisk, I am trying to figure out who I am all over again - style wise. It's all a process.

• Farback
    Farback Posts: 1,068 Member
    Options
    It's said sitting is the new smoking. I installed a stand-up desk last week, and it's the smartest thing I've done in years of being mainly desk-bound. I feel 100% better at the end of the work day.

uolsisnf7rav.jpeg
  • clynns54
    clynns54 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Do you mind me asking what brand it is? Can you lower it to sitting? Is it stable? I've been looking at these recently to see if I should get one at work.
  • luluinca
    luluinca Posts: 2,899 Member
    Options
    @farback..........I need to do that! I spend way tooooooo much time sitting at my desk! Today was awful!!!
  • Farback
    Farback Posts: 1,068 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    It's from varidesk.com. It easily goes from this height down to flat against the desk top. It's rock solid. I can lean on it, no wobble at all.
  • luluinca
    luluinca Posts: 2,899 Member
    Options
    Thanks.........I'll look into it!!
  • UncleMac
    Options
    One of the guys at the office who has a back issue got a powered desk. A push of the button takes it from seated height to standing high (measured for ergonomics) as smooth as silk. Talk about spoiled rotten!!
  • kayakerandbiker
    kayakerandbiker Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    An NSV for me is just going a tad faster on my bike. I've gone from avg 8 mpr when I started, to averaging 9 mpr, and my goal is to avg 10 mpr. Incremental accomplishments for me, slow and steady.
  • UncleMac
    Options
    I had a week off from lifting as my trainer was on a mini-vacation. I could have gone to the gym but I still don't feel the drive to do so. I'm hoping, in time, that desire will return.

ANYWAY, a week off didn't harm my performance. The leg press (3 set of 20 reps @ 450 lbs) was easier if anything and my range of motion extended without any complaints from my knees. Everything else went well too. :)
  • chamblisk
    Options
    Just before Labor Day last year, I had to go buy several pairs of capris in my smaller size to go to our State Fair. I pulled my summer clothes out today...(remember I was still scraping frost off my car every morning last week; today it is going to 90!!!)....and those capris are falling off. I don't see it in the mirror...I guess I am blind to my true body image. I will have to go shopping again. (Have I ever mentioned that I hate shopping?!?!) But maybe it won't be so bad now that I can wear "normal", stylish sizes. @E_Brault, maybe we should go shopping together!
  • Montepulciano
    Montepulciano Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    chamblisk wrote: »
    Just before Labor Day last year, I had to go buy several pairs of capris in my smaller size to go to our State Fair. I pulled my summer clothes out today...(remember I was still scraping frost off my car every morning last week; today it is going to 90!!!)....and those capris are falling off. I don't see it in the mirror...I guess I am blind to my true body image. I will have to go shopping again. (Have I ever mentioned that I hate shopping?!?!) But maybe it won't be so bad now that I can wear "normal", stylish sizes. @E_Brault, maybe we should go shopping together!

I still am not seeing a difference in the mirror though I know I am moving into smaller clothing sizes, so right there with you. Congrats on the capris falling off. :)