What does your low carb meals look like??

Options

Replies

• Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
  • ktilton70130
    ktilton70130 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    markyrocks wrote: »
    CMYKRGB wrote: »
    4yund1n72w21.jpeg

Fathead pizza!

Oh my... that looks like heaven right there!!

does look good, what is fathead pizza,lol dont judge me is it a franchise
  • redimock
    redimock Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Here's a link to the recipe:

http://www.ditchthecarbs.com/2015/04/23/fat-head-pizza/

Best pizza substitute that I've tried (and I have been happy with cauliflower crust & zucchini crust, but this one is so much better!)

My problem is that I usually end up eating too much of it, and I feel it slows my progress for a bit, so I tend to save it for more "special" occasions. I really look forward to it on those days though :smiley:
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Options
    damrkmyxariz.jpeg

Jalapeño popper pork chop
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    redimock wrote: »
    Here's a link to the recipe:

http://www.ditchthecarbs.com/2015/04/23/fat-head-pizza/

Best pizza substitute that I've tried (and I have been happy with cauliflower crust & zucchini crust, but this one is so much better!)

My problem is that I usually end up eating too much of it, and I feel it slows my progress for a bit, so I tend to save it for more "special" occasions. I really look forward to it on those days though :smiley:

That's how I am with low carb desserts - it is only low carb if you don't eat the entire pan yourself..... :-/
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    7fi7u9vgmmdj.jpeg

Beeakfast!
    two eggs over easy sautéed vegetables two slices of microwave bacon no nitrate 2 t olive oil

I love it when breakfasts are posted because that's often a difficult transition for new people. Yours looks great!
    Here's mine
    860aqaamnbmi.jpeg
    I am in love with Primal Kitchen Chipotle Lime Mayo!
    Eggs with white cheddar, topped with avocado, cilantro a little extra yellow cheddar cheese and the chipotle mayo. Sooooo amazing!
    I only tend to eat breakfast on the weekends since I slept in :smile:
  • Jan93L
    Jan93L Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    We had beef and bean taco salad tonight. No picture, sorry to say. I did not have corn taco shell unlike the rest of my family. I figured the beans , tomato salsa and onions would have as many carbs as I can handle. Wish I'd gotten a pic. We did have cilantro from the garden.
  • PamamaJane
    PamamaJane Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Msyl03
    Msyl03 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Are shirataki noodles low carb?
  • PamamaJane
    PamamaJane Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Shirataki noodles are mostly zero carb. I don't care for them plain, but with any sauce they are pretty good.
  • Msyl03
    Msyl03 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I googled those shirataki noodles and they are pretty expensive...
  • Ange_Armano
    Ange_Armano Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Everything looks so yummy!! Are y'all using really small plates because my meals never look that big? :D:D
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    vln1ss087nvn.jpg

Not the prettiest, but that's 250g of medium rare chuck steak with 70g homemade coleslaw (oil and vinegar)
  • DittoDan
    DittoDan Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    Tonight, a variation of jalapenos poppers, but not stuffed. More like a casserole...

Simple, bacon, CC, jalapenos, season salt & pepper. Cooked in Pyrex bowl.

bqjsjg7svyw2.jpg

I only ate a third of it, put the lid on it, will eat tomorrow for lunch.

I hope this helps,
    Dan the Man from Michigan
    Keto / The Recipe Water Fasting / E.A.S.Y. Exercise Program

mk1sh4bwhb53.gif

• clawson91
    clawson91 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    u6hram9ds1y6.jpg

Low carb chicken broccoli Alfredo. I used the Zero noodles. They taste good as long as they are rinsed well, drained and heated but the texture is different. A bit chewy but I can handle that to enjoy Alfredo!! Also used a low carb alfredo recipe using cream cheese, butter and heavy cream and parmesan cheese. Seriously delicious!!
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    clawson91 wrote: »
    u6hram9ds1y6.jpg

Low carb chicken broccoli Alfredo. I used the Zero noodles. They taste good as long as they are rinsed well, drained and heated but the texture is different. A bit chewy but I can handle that to enjoy Alfredo!! Also used a low carb alfredo recipe using cream cheese, butter and heavy cream and parmesan cheese. Seriously delicious!!

I could not make the zero noodles edible. I prefer (ironically, now) spaghetti squash here, even if it has a few carbs. It's great for dinner and sleeping later.
  • clawson91
    Options
    l3b75ap8yh33.jpg

Eggroll in a Bowl, from MostlyHomeMadeMom.com. This one had ground chicken. Also good with lean ground beef and I'm sure ground title will be just as good. I would love to try with shrimp! I double the recipe except for the soy sauce...1/2 cup is plenty!
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    clawson91 wrote: »
    l3b75ap8yh33.jpg

Eggroll in a Bowl, from MostlyHomeMadeMom.com. This one had ground chicken. Also good with lean ground beef and I'm sure ground title will be just as good. I would love to try with shrimp! I double the recipe except for the soy sauce...1/2 cup is plenty!

If you like that, @clawson91 - be sure to try "crack slaw" too!
  • TishaGettinFit
    TishaGettinFit Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    dwtbvi7f6rsa.jpeg
    2 scrambled eggs with spinach and feta, half a vine ripened tomato and a small avocado drizzled with hot sauce.
  • clawson91
    Options

I could not make the zero noodles edible. I prefer (ironically, now) spaghetti squash here, even if it has a few carbs. It's great for dinner and sleeping later.[/quote]

I adore spaghetti squash!! I've never tried it with Alfredo. I usually just saute onions, mushrooms and bell peppers and a low sugar spaghetti sauce and top with cheese. The alfredo on it will be my next experiment!