Failure is not an option

Options

Replies

• Kell2912
    Kell2912 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    I'm not making any goals for June. It seems everytime I make a goal something happens and everything goes to hell in a hand basket. So I will just say i am going to try my best this month.

ONe thing I have committed to is Junk Free June. IN an effort to cut out the garbage I have been eating I am going junk free this month to see if i can get my weight moving in a downward trend again. Also my nutritionist has challenged me to stick 100% to my eating plan for 2 weeks. I must say it is paying off. in 2 days I have dropped 2.4kg (5.2lb) of bloating. I feel quite good too.

Im coming into the last week of my fitness challenge. I'm going to miss it I have really enjoyed the PT sessions.
  • Quzzdragon12
    Quzzdragon12 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    What kinds of goals did your nutritionist set for you? Glad to hear it's working so well!
  • WifiresGettingFit
    WifiresGettingFit Posts: 1,773 Member
    Options
    Kell2912 wrote: »
    I'm not making any goals for June. It seems everytime I make a goal something happens and everything goes to hell in a hand basket. So I will just say i am going to try my best this month.

The bolded part is so true. I noticed that even on a day to day basis, if I make specific goals it never works out and then I feel bad because I didn't get everything I wanted done. I think just doing your best each day will help! You've done awesome so far and I have no doubt you'll keep it up! =)
  • Kell2912
    Options
    So June is definitely starting off well. My nutritionist set me a task of being perfect with my nutrition for 2 weeks. Well sadly I haven't been perfect but close to. Only 1 really day where i fell off. And the challenge seems to be working. Since 30th May i have lost 5.4kg (12lb). Most of it is junk bloat but hey a loss is a loss.

I have my Last fitness test today to see how i have improved in the fitness challenge. I really hope I do well. I plan to give it absolutely everything I have. I will post tonight to let you know How I go.
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    I agree: a loss is a loss! Way to go! and good luck on your fitness challenge! =)
  • LottieStanley
    LottieStanley Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    You are an inspiration. You just keep on going. Your weight loss is awesome, great job. I know you've had challenges with you health so this is a fantastic weight loss.
  • Kell2912
    Options
    Well the fitness challenge is officially over and I made it out alive. And with a nice drop in my times for an overall drop in 1 minute and 3 seconds. See pic below. I'm really happy with that give i started the challenge with a calf and hamstring tear. I just have to wait for the others to do their last fitness test now to see who has made the biggest improvement. It's been really fun and I have noticed a massive improvement in my fitness since having 6 PT sessions. I was pushed right to the edge and the results are showing. I'm keen now to take this on into the next few months and see how much further I can push and improve.
    I hope you guys are all well. You inspire me every day. I hope you know that
  • Quzzdragon12
    Options
    A minute?! That is a ton of time! Great job!!!
  • Kell2912
    edited June 2016
    Options
    fzf7h0smibgj.jpeg
    Here's the pic I forgot

• WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    Way to go on your fitness challenge! That's awesome! =)
  • LottieStanley
    Options
    Yes great job
  • 50extra
    50extra Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    Fantastic news! I'm looking forward to the results coming in. I'm rooting for you for the win!
  • Kell2912
    Options
    Thanks guys. You are all awesome.

I saw my nutritionist yesterday. He was stoked that in the last 2 weeks I have lost 6kg (13lb). He has set me new goals for the coming fortnight. So I'm aiming for:
    450 cal burn at each training session
    training 4 x per week plus at least one active recovery walk per week
    Weight at 102kg (225lb) by 23rd June

I think these are very doable. I'm particularly excited about the weight. If I keep going on this path I should be at the metric equivalent of Onederland (under 100kg) by the end of July. I will definitely be in imperial Onederland by Christmas if not sooner. I'm cautiously excited but don't want to jinx myself. I'm still having trouble fighting the demon chocolate but the results im seeing are making me really think about whether indulging too much is worth it. I keep saying to myself there will be plenty of time for chocolate when im in maintenance.
  • Kell2912
    Options
    GUESS WHAT??????????????

I WON THE FITNESS COMPETITION!!!!!!!
    I made a 1 minute 3 sec improvement on my time and the person nearest to me made a 56 sec improvement on their time. I was the slowest person to complete the fitness test but i made the biggest improvement. I'm so pleased with myself tonight. I have put in a lot of work over the last few weeks and it has really paid off. I now get 1 month free gym membership and 3 further PT sessions.
  • 50extra
    50extra Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    Sweet! Congrats and great job! I'm sure the PT sessions will help out even more than the last few you did, and the fact they are free is even better!
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    That's awesome!!! Congratulations!! Way to go!!!
  • Kell2912
    Options
    The fact that they are free means i will burn more calories :wink:
  • Quzzdragon12
    Options
    WOO! Congratulations! You are doing SO well!
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    YAY Congratulations!
  • LottieStanley
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Wow, good work. So happy for you!!!!!