Did you swim today?

Options

Replies

• Robertus
    Robertus Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    nuffer wrote: »
    Nice work, @Robertus. I envy your pace.

And @emmab0902, there is zero envy for that suit. It sounds horrible!
    Whatever pace you swim at, that's the perfect pace.
  • Montepulciano
    Montepulciano Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    4100 yards, 90 minutes.

25, 50, 75, 100, 100, 75, 50, 25 - warm up
    10 x 50 @ 60 seconds 5 free, 5 free/back
    5 x 100 @ 2:00
    100 easy
    5 X 100 @ 2:00
    1000 kick with fins (400 flutter, 300 50 back/50 flutter, 300 25 dolphin/25 flutter
    25, 50, 75, 100 - stroke technique (catchup and extended glide)
    10 x 50 @ 60 seconds 5 free, 5 free/back
    100, 75, 50, 25 cool down
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    emmab0902 wrote: »
    No but yesterday was a great example of what goes around comes around. When I finished, I came outside to two very happy boys, who had been invited to join in and have a game with the big guys. :smiley:
    @emmab0902 good on you for cheering on those learning and accolades to the big Guys for inviting your boys out to join the game.
    @Montepulciano Impressive set - copied and pasted into my set list, may never get around to it but its in my book. I have never done Ladders as part of warmup, 1000 kick that's insane-serious chops to you.

Schools out so the Pool schedule has changed to accommodate more swim lessons for the youth and swim time. Managed to get in at 6:30 tonight for 90 minutes of relaxation, 1 double lane and 2 swimmers with the rest of the pool as general Family swim. Mixed bag of impromptu sets - no plan - no idea of true distance. It was wet and cold is all that mattered. best guestimate 1600m.
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Options
    4 miles.
  • Bruceapple
    Bruceapple Posts: 2,026 Member
    Options
    Today: 1 mile @ 69 minutes
  • Montepulciano
    Options
    4100 - forgot to look when I got in so I would guess around 90 minutes as it was the same workout as yesterday.
  • nuffer
    nuffer Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    5 minutes. 125 yards, then I bailed out due to crowding. No more Monday/Wednesday evening swim for a couple of months. Swim and dive lessons only leave two lanes open for laps and that's too crowded for this lap snob.
  • Montepulciano
    Options
    nuffer wrote: »
    5 minutes. 125 yards, then I bailed out due to crowding. No more Monday/Wednesday evening swim for a couple of months. Swim and dive lessons only leave two lanes open for laps and that's too crowded for this lap snob.

Sucks when you make the effort to get to the pool and get in, but can't do your workout. Yeah, Summer camp has begun where I workout, so having to tweak my work out time a bit too.
  • juliet3455
    Options
    1500m of Early morning paddling. Broken into 250m mini sets.
    250m Front, 250m Back, 250m breast, repeat and rinse.
  • Montepulciano
    Options
    4100 @ 90 minutes. Some day...one day in the future, I shall be faster.
  • gentlygently
    gentlygently Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Yesterday. 30 mins (on a time limit).

Pretty much hated every minute of it.

I don't like being out of breath. I get bored. I get fed up my breast stroke is still so useless (yes I've had lots of coaching...the last load made me go even slower!). It takes up precious time. Unlike cycling up hill (which I also hate on a bad day) you do not get a great view, or a pub at the end.

Perhaps not such a surprise that I spent pretty much all of today lying on the sofa feeling rubbish. I even went out for fish and chips as I could not gather the energy to cook.

Hopefully the next swim will be when I am on my way to being perky again! However good for you swimming is, I couldn't survive many swims like that one.
  • juliet3455
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Noon Hour Splash. With this being the Canada Day Long Weekend, along with the fact that school's are out for 2 months summer break. Families are heading off on vacation and the Town facilities are strangely empty. Ball Diamonds, Soccer Pitch's, Football fields, Swimming Pool etc.
    A long winded way of saying 3 double lanes and 4 people, all regulars. Senior Life Guard said that she can tell the improvements in my stroke from all my Adult Swim club and Triathlon club lessons. :) Still have things to work on and probably will forever. Fix one big issue and then work on the next one and the little niggley bugs.
    Made the suggestion of a Mini-Triathlon club on Wednesday Evenings ( 6:00 - 7:30 ) for the 3 weeks before the Triathlon, as last year the pool was full of triathlon swimmers getting there time trials registered and general technique practise. She said if we came in with a workout plan the pool would allow extra lanes to be put in but at this time had already scheduled all the staff for the July/August calendar to allow them Holidays so did not see it as a possibility.

250m x 3 ( front, back, breast ) and repeat. ~1500m total.
  • Montepulciano
    Options
    4100 yards, 95 minutes...people talked to me...it happens. Amused when people ask me if I am training for the Olympics...hah...snort...giggle...drown....bubbles...
  • juliet3455
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Its Canada Day and what most Canadians consider to be the official start of Summer Vacation season. As a result there was only 4 people in the pool. Room glorious room allowing me to do a big workout set without interfering with other swimmers. My left arm has always had an ugly entry into the water causing a distinct PLOP sound - like a rock dropped into water, under water there is a huge air bubble stream on my left side. Working on a clean entry of the finger tips and not dropping the wrists.

100m Warm up
    Ladders - Stroke Technique ( catch up and glide, clean entry on left arm )
    25, 50, 75, 100, 100, 75, 50, 25 ( 500m )
    8 x 25 @ 45s ( 200m ) speed work or what passes for my speed work, Left arm aware.
    4 x 50 @ 60s ( 200m )
    2 x 100 @ 2:00 ( 200m )
    100 easy ( 100m )
    2 x 100 @ 2:00 ( 200m )
    4 x 50 @ 60s ( 200m )
    8 x 25 @ 45s ( 200m )

Kick Split Ladders
    50 free & 25 kick
    25 free & 50 kick
    25 free & 25 kick
    25 free & 50 kick
    50 free & 25 kick

25, 50, 50, 25 - Back Stroke
    100 breast Cool Down
    75 free Cool Down
    50 back Cool Down

2475 meters - 90 minutes in the Cold Refreshing Water. :)
  • Montepulciano
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Nice workout @juliet3455 - Why is always the left arm?? Love the ladders. :)

Happy Canada Day!
  • juliet3455
    Options
    Nice workout @juliet3455 - Why is always the left arm?? Love the ladders. :) Happy Canada Day!
    @Montepulciano I believe it is because when I learned to swim I could not do Bi-lateral breathing and was always breathing on my right shoulder and this meant my stroke was not balanced. One of my swim coach's jokingly suggested it was my watch weighing down the wrist. Ironically one of the other mature swimmers in the local pool has a similar issue with her right arm - she drops her wrist just before entry and rolls her hand sideways so it enters pinky finger down with the fingers facing slightly out ( parking brake & right turn ) then she rolls back to a palm down position. I have done lots of lengths with a pull buoy concentrating on arm position ( Zipper Drills & Fist pulls ) with all breathing on left shoulder.
  • emmab0902
    emmab0902 Posts: 2,337 Member
    Options
    My car broke down on the way to the pool and ended up having to buy a new battery, so missed training and had to do a 5km run instead :cry:
  • MightyLolo
    MightyLolo Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    I signed up for a Total Immersion workshop, for week after next. Everyone says it will help me swim more effectively, with less effort. I'm very hopeful. Wish me luck? :smile:
  • Montepulciano
    Options
    MightyLolo wrote: »
    I signed up for a Total Immersion workshop, for week after next. Everyone says it will help me swim more effectively, with less effort. I'm very hopeful. Wish me luck? :smile:

Let us know how it goes, lots of luck!
  • emmab0902
    emmab0902 Posts: 2,337 Member
    Options
    Nothing like a tough session after a week and a half off to make you feel unfit!

2800m

300 warmup
    3x 200 free negative split on 3.30
    8x 50 fly kick
    400 as 25 br 75 free per 100
    4x 75 br on 2.00
    300 free build each 100
    400IM
    100 easy

!!!!