100+ to Lose Support Group Permanent Thread(Everyone is welcome)

Options

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I got out and did 4500 steps and a stop at the Grocery Store for 3 Bananas 49 cents a pound, 3 Navel oranges 5 for $1.99, 2 large tangerines 40 cents each and 3 Cameo Apples selling for 99cents a pound. Temperature out the Door was in the lower 60s, a Possibility of Rain Tonight.

Two of the Bananas went into the refrigerator for Wednesday & Thursday and the third one is on the Counter for Tomorrow Morning.

Breakfast today was a Banana before walking, Post Raisin Bran 11o calories with 4 ounces of 1% milk 50 calories and Sweetener and a Premier Protein Vanilla Shake, 30g Protein and 160 calories :) I also pulled the 97% Fat Free Hebrew National Hot Dogs for Later on with a 60 calorie Honey Wheat or Whole Wheat wrap, Cleaned the Grill and generally made ready for later on.

Have a Great 4th of July
    Roger
    Roger- Congrats on your scale success! Pesto on the salads sounds tasty.
    Car got a full checkup including tire rotation and inflation. It is quite new, so it should be fine.
    Fireworks are keeping my doggies up all night again...yes, they're illegal but that doesn't stop Texans. ☹️ I'm exhausted. Daytime napping isn't my thing, but I'm trying.

Hi Val
    We had quite a few Bangs outside the house yesterday evening too, All Fireworks are illegal in NJ, That does not stop people from crossing into Pennsylvania and buying them there. Fireworks places have set up just over the border from NJ, OTOH the NJ State Police have kept an eye on them in past years and caught a lot of buyers coming back into NJ.

Every now and then I actually succeed in a afternoon nap.

Currently My eyes feel tired even when I get up, I blame Allergies, This year they are worse and running much longer than in years past. Or maybe I have a new allergy to add to the previous one that only bothered me slightly.

Have A Great Monday
    Roger
  • Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    Happy 4th you all!

Happy 5th probably by the time you read this! Lots of fireworks here in the neighborhood this year. May May went crazy, and probably will tonite too. It was for a short time and around 9pm, so considerate I guess. Hope tonite is not bad. Of course they are legal in most of Alabama, some big one's too, just not in Montgomery city limits.

I want to visit my friend in the rehab today, though I hate traveling on the 4th, and of course it is in Montgomery, about 25 miles away from me. It is not in the best part of town, high traffic and crime area, but where the hospitals and a lot of Dr offices are located. I usually feel fairly safe, but it is the 4th! I may wait till Tues.

Fresh pesto salad does sound great! We indulged some on a few desserts at my small group last nite, as we had some birthdays. But at least my pieces are getting much smaller of foods I probably should not have! And I had plenty of water.

Val, I am so glad the TENS seems to be of some help! You will feel so good to get away a little on this vacation coming up. It is hard to be patient and get back to shape slowly, but you can do it! We are a work in progress! I had bought tops for summer when doing better, and have yet to wear them as I put back a good 25 lbs. (At least). But I will get in them before summers end. Luckily we have LONG summers here!

Our cable is funny here, Roger. I was paying $120.00 a month for extended cable, internet and phone, it's a bundled price. They were going to raise the rates. Extended cable has 60 some channels, and I really only watch about 5 regularly. If I dropped to basic cable, I would only save about $5.00- $10.00 dollars if that. They fix it that your original buy of cable was a promo, and you will not get that rate again. Sounds like robbery in a fixed and closed market? I think so. Paying that much for watching 5 channels seemed ridiculous, plus the new shows did not seem at all what I like, so I have just phone and internet service now, which is about $80.00 a month. I live in an area which does not get cell towers too well, and downloading either takes forever or is impossible, so I am not sure what kind of options might work for an antenna or other device. I really just miss my cable news and weather, about 3 channels. I just refuse to pay their price for mostly garbage.

OTOH, I did find great cherries for $1.99 a lb yesterday, LOL!

Out to water. I have to once a day without fail, and may need to water 2x a day for a few things. Temps are 98-100 with out the heat index, and humidity in the 70's. No rain in almost 3 weeks here, not a drop! We were 3.5 inches below in March, it is grim in my neck of the woods. I still think people planting in Arizona has affected our weather systems, lol!

Take care all!! Jan
  • hope4change_val
    hope4change_val Posts: 2,116 Member
    Options
    Greetings- hope you all have a happy and safe 4th!
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    Sigh...MFP cut off my long message. I'm still really sick-will try to go to doctor tomorrow. Meanwhile, I've learned to nap all day!
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    The weather has been poor, It Rained In the Evening, then the rain stopped for most people and they saw the Fireworks and then the rain moved back in. It was 71 degrees when I got up and out the door and feels humid too. I got some walking in 4100 steps + 1 Cent.

I am finalizing my order and I see a New Menu Item in the Shelf Stable Snacks :)
    Stuffed Chocolate Pie
    hWQLgd.jpg
    Soft pastry crust outside, creamy chocolatey filing inside—it's a truly decadent handheld snack with no artificial flavors, colors or sweeteners. Warm it up in the oven for a gooey sweet treat!

Have a Great Tuesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Today is supposed to be the first day of a three day heat wave with the the following day only :) hitting 89 degrees.
    Buttons61 wrote: »
    Happy 4th you all!

Happy 5th probably by the time you read this! Lots of fireworks here in the neighborhood this year. May May went crazy, and probably will tonite too. It was for a short time and around 9pm, so considerate I guess. Hope tonite is not bad. Of course they are legal in most of Alabama, some big one's too, just not in Montgomery city limits.

I want to visit my friend in the rehab today, though I hate traveling on the 4th, and of course it is in Montgomery, about 25 miles away from me. It is not in the best part of town, high traffic and crime area, but where the hospitals and a lot of Dr offices are located. I usually feel fairly safe, but it is the 4th! I may wait till Tues.

Fresh pesto salad does sound great! We indulged some on a few desserts at my small group last nite, as we had some birthdays. But at least my pieces are getting much smaller of foods I probably should not have! And I had plenty of water.

Val, I am so glad the TENS seems to be of some help! You will feel so good to get away a little on this vacation coming up. It is hard to be patient and get back to shape slowly, but you can do it! We are a work in progress! I had bought tops for summer when doing better, and have yet to wear them as I put back a good 25 lbs. (At least). But I will get in them before summers end. Luckily we have LONG summers here!

Our cable is funny here, Roger. I was paying $120.00 a month for extended cable, internet and phone, it's a bundled price. They were going to raise the rates. Extended cable has 60 some channels, and I really only watch about 5 regularly. If I dropped to basic cable, I would only save about $5.00- $10.00 dollars if that. They fix it that your original buy of cable was a promo, and you will not get that rate again. Sounds like robbery in a fixed and closed market? I think so. Paying that much for watching 5 channels seemed ridiculous, plus the new shows did not seem at all what I like, so I have just phone and internet service now, which is about $80.00 a month. I live in an area which does not get cell towers too well, and downloading either takes forever or is impossible, so I am not sure what kind of options might work for an antenna or other device. I really just miss my cable news and weather, about 3 channels. I just refuse to pay their price for mostly garbage.

OTOH, I did find great cherries for $1.99 a lb yesterday, LOL!

Out to water. I have to once a day without fail, and may need to water 2x a day for a few things. Temps are 98-100 with out the heat index, and humidity in the 70's. No rain in almost 3 weeks here, not a drop! We were 3.5 inches below in March, it is grim in my neck of the woods. I still think people planting in Arizona has affected our weather systems, lol!

Take care all!! Jan

Hi Jan
    Just a quick question, There are two Satellite TV companies and I know one that also has satellite Internet. The Satellite Internet probably has data usage limits, I never looked into that part of it. I have been happy with the Cable Internet and Satellite TV and a land line phone.

A Quick Look shows this
    DISH Network Special Offer Internet for $14.95 per Month
    High Speed Internet As Low AS $14.95/mo.
    Internet plans starting as low as $14.95/mo.
    Instantly save $10/mo. when you bundle DISH TV and DISH Internet!

I suspect I'm lucky here where I am I have a Choice of Satellite Internet, Cable Internet or Fios Internet. Fios was offering a $70 Internet/TV/Phone bundle last time I saw an advertisement.

For TV a Choice of Dishnetwork or DirecTv Satellite TV, Cable or Fios. I suspect that helps keep price more in check.

For Phone Verizon Land Line or Cell Phone, Cable or Fios Phone service.

I hope tonight passes quietly for You. $1.99 sounds like a good price too.

Hopefully You will get some rain but not a Gully Washer!

Cheers
    Roger
    Greetings- hope you all have a happy and safe 4th!
    Sigh...MFP cut off my long message. I'm still really sick-will try to go to doctor tomorrow. Meanwhile, I've learned to nap all day!

Hi Val
    I lost a message yesterday too. My fault I closed the wrong page however, I can not blame them for that, I wish I could :)

Cheers
    Roger
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    I'm on the mend...saw the doc...sinus & ear infection plus bronchitis. Steroid shot is heavenly at reducing swelling so everything can drain plus antibiotics to kill off my bacteria nemasis. Looking forward to sleeping tonight!!!
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    Warm weather has set in, I saw a low of 75 degrees overnight and the forecast is for 3 or 4 days of 90 and higher thus we will be having a heat wave.

I have a busy day today so I will be brief.

Have a Great Wednesday
    Roger
    I'm on the mend...saw the doc...sinus & ear infection plus bronchitis. Steroid shot is heavenly at reducing swelling so everything can drain plus antibiotics to kill off my bacteria nemesis. Looking forward to sleeping tonight!!!

Hi Val
    That is good news. I hope the healing is swift and that You had a Good Night sleep.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • Buttons61
    Options
    Hi!

Val, I hope you are feeling better now! Those shots work well! Rest up and take it as easy as possible for a bit though. Glad you went to DR. and it happened before vacation!

Fireworks yesterday! Hopefully they will run out soon! Actually not late or too long, it could be worse!

Happy Dance, we received 3/10 of an inch of rain! Thankful for getting what we could!

Those chocolate pies look really really good, Roger! I went for Indian food yesterday with my daughter. I had mostly vegetable dishes, but ate a little too much rice. It was nice to get out and I am thankful I do not weigh today! It was healthy though!

I will look around for some satellite options here. Alabama has made some strides, but they are a little behind the times at times! (eye roll...)

Wise eating all! Jan o:)
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi Jan
    FWIW Both Dishnetwork and DirecTv have installers that Install Nationwide and as far as I remember they Both also serve Alaska and Hawaii. I have found that Dish is or at least was a little cheaper. Some of the things they do poorly are subchannels. Those would be secondary channels that get transmitted along with the Main Locals. For Example WNET in NYC, NY only has the main channel on Satellite whereas on Cable they have 3 or four subchannels. Your cable company may be different BTW. Also make sure you get locals from Your area. Have You tried an antenna, You might be surprised how many channels You can get that way. Where I am in the New York Metro Area we have all the Networks, 3 Public Broadcasting channels, and a bunch of others including Spanish Programming.

Try this website to see what shows, it should show what channels and what antenna is needed too. In my case it shows a lot of stations available from Cherry Hill, NYC, Philadelphia, Allentown Pa. and Newton NJ. if I am reading it right depending on where I pointed I can get 52 main and subs from NYC, 39 from Philadelphia, 6 from Allentown, 5 from Newton - Most likely 1 main and 4 subs, 2 from Cherry Hill and one from New Brunswick. That was using a zip code of 08805 if You want a zip to look it up with. It will tell what You should be able to get and what antenna You would need. Many of Mine I could use an antenna in the attic and for others a roof mounted antenna.

Too late for wise eating today, At a Family Function we had a choice of Baked Salmon, Chicken Marsala or Veal Franciase. I Choose the chicken as I am not a fan of seafood strangely enough perhaps, they served it with Ziti, a Oil and Vinegar dressed Salad, Broccoli, Rice, Carrots and Green Beans. Lucky me they ran out of the carrots and Beans :(

Any rain that eliminates the need to water is a good rain.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi Again
    BTW there are tow satellite TV websites that You could peruse too, http://www.dbstalk.com and http://www.satelliteguys.us/
    They both have forums for the satellite companies

By the way You could / should look at the FTA forums too.
    FTA / Non Small Dish Satellite Area
    Satellite Television is not just Mini Dishes! Here you can discuss other satellite technologies such as C-Band, KU-Band and their related receivers, such as 4DTV along with FTA (Free To Air) MPEG Receivers. 709 topics
    http://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/forums/free-to-air-fta-discussion.24/
    and
    http://www.dbstalk.com/forum/23-fta-non-small-dish-satellite-area/

Good Luck
    Roger
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    Slept well last night and looking forward to another good night. The steroids brought down the swelling. The antibiotics make me nauseous but I need them to get well. I'm not at all ready for my trip and we leave in 9 days.
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    I did get out walking today 5300 steps + 30 cents, one really hard to spot Quarter and one Shiny Nickel elsewhere. It was already 77 degrees when I got out the door at 6:30 and it never did really cool off overnight. Possible Thunderstorms later today due to the High Humidity as well as the Temperatures.

I also picked up two Cameo Apples at 99 cents a pound, 2 Navel Oranges at 4 for $1 and four Bananas at 49 cents a pound & a Special K Cereal to try once one of the nearly empty ones is emptied :)
    Darn Cereal has become expensive anymore too.

Have a Great Thursday
    Roger

Slept well last night and looking forward to another good night. The steroids brought down the swelling. The antibiotics make me nauseous but I need them to get well. I'm not at all ready for my trip and we leave in 9 days.

Hi Val
    I am sorry to hear that You are having that side effect from the pills. However as You say You need them so....

I believe You will be ready with 9 days to go.

Good Luck
    Roger
  • 5mates
    5mates Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hi all - hope everyone is well. I've been out of town for a bit and am back now - just in time to see the stuffed chocolate pie picture Roger shared. I couldn't seem to find it under snacks though.
    HI Val-where are you headed to on your trip? Hope you are feeling better soon.
    Jan - I am with you on the tops I can't fit into but it appears I regained 40 lbs. I will cheer you on - please do the same for me.
  • Buttons61
    Options

Arrrrgggg! Hate that you are sick Val, but these days you have left and the meds will make you feel so much better before leaving! Take one day at a time, and do a little each day of what you can for the trip. These people are meeting you, and the awesome job you do for them! They are not meeting your weight at present, they are meeting You!!! Just getting out and changing perspective can be such a help! <3 Jan
  • Buttons61
    Options
    5mates wrote: »
    Hi all - hope everyone is well. I've been out of town for a bit and am back now - just in time to see the stuffed chocolate pie picture Roger shared. I couldn't seem to find it under snacks though.
    HI Val-where are you headed to on your trip? Hope you are feeling better soon.
    Jan - I am with you on the tops I can't fit into but it appears I regained 40 lbs. I will cheer you on - please do the same for me.

Hi Bev!

I was just wondering where you were! So good to hear from you! We all seem to have slid back a little except Roger! :) He is really dedicated and a good motivator! The hot weather is making me crave wet things, so I have picked up watermelon and cherries and peaches and am drinking a ton of water. I guess that is good! I have been drinking 10 or more cups a day. Maybe if I am in the ladies room all the time, it will cut down on the amounts I am eating! Always hope!! I have tried to fit in more walking, and I love the fitbit for that! Hey! I am sure we can do this! Keep checking in!!
  • Buttons61
    Options
    Hi Roger!

Great posts on the 6th ! I will look into all these options, especially the antenna, as I really miss my local news. You are fortunate you have so many different choices where you are! It seems like a great central location, ( in spite of the fact you are on the eastern seaboard, lol!)

Yeah, not having vegetables with dinner can sure make eating harder! Leaves too much plate for not so healthy items! It did sound like you did not indulge in any high calorie desserts, so that is something! What is it weight watchers says? Eat something before you go so you are not starving! In your case, who knew you should have your veggies pre- dinner! :D !

Watch the heat, you sound almost as hot as we are! We got 1/2 inch of nice rain finally! Paying for it by air that fish could survive in, it is so humid! But... I will take it gladly!!! Jan.
  • 5mates
    5mates Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Thanks Jan - I just enjoyed a nice ripe juicy white peach from Jersey (even though I am back in OH) and I wish I could always think of the fruit more often when I go rogue - Iove it. Keep the fluids going and get those extra bathroom steps on the fitbit -it all works!
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    Hi Bev! I regained 45 lbs since February...I've been immobile and in pain and sad/ frustrated/ angry at the woman whose negligence caused it all. But, im no longer immobile! Just limited. My whole sinus/ear infection is greatly improved! I live in Sa Antonio...will be driving through Arkansas, touching Tennessee, through Missouri, touching Kentucky, through Illinois, Indiana, into Michigan...to meet my daughter's 1/2 siblings (same anonymous donor dad). Then driving to Ohio to take Em to Harry Potter camp (between Dayton and Cinci). Then through West Virginia, Pennsylvania, Maryland, DC, to Virginia. Then working at the Centreville VA office for two weeks. Then bayto Ohio to get Em. Then staying w best friend in Indianapolis for 4 days. Then visiting other friends in western Indiana, then...not sure...want to visit the City Center Art Museum in St Louis...then back home, I'm going to miss my doggies!!! But my wonderful housemate will be here with them, so they'll be fine. Then we'll have a week or so to get ready for school!
  • RogerToo
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Hi
    I had a late start today & 6300 steps + 0 Cents. The weather this morning is warm again, 77 degrees. It was still over 80 degrees at 1:30AM. Very slow cooling off, A slight breeze was blowing, however the sun felt hot on me when I had to walk in it and not the shade.

I did get a few really fresh Raspberries Wednesday & Thursday off of the Plants we planted this spring. There are some more that have not ripened yet.

We expect to be rich tomorrow after tonight's Mega Millions drawing. No money found today so I am due for tonight. I know that since I told the clerk I only wanted winners :)

Good news, I think, I would have been fine or maybe happier if it came next week, OTOH this means I can try the Stuffed Chocolate Pie for my Dessert tonight. The tracking for my order shows
    7/08/2016 - Friday
    7:24 am On FedEx vehicle for delivery CARTERET, NJ

Have a Great Friday
    Roger