July 2016 Move Your @ss Challenge

Options

Replies

• clepant
    clepant Posts: 3,356 Member
    Options
    thanks to all for the thoughts and prayers!
    Dave, my heart goes out to you- I was literally in your situation (as the mother) from the time my daughter was 12-ish until just the past 3 or 4 years- she's 31 now. My now-husband was the bf and he and I tried everything (I remember thinking then, wow, he must REALLY love me for putting up with all this from MY child and I am very thankful he has been on this rough road with me for all these years!). I am a child welfare worker and I was very heartbroken that I visited my daughter in juvie before her 18th birthday and county jail and then state prison after her 18th birthday. My daughter isn't on the autism spectrum, but we had an alphabet soup of diagnoses - ADHD, ODD, OCD, on and on. I cried, prayed, locked up everything I owned with any value- monetary or sentimental because she would sell everything for "stuff", never drugs to my knowledge- just stupid "things" - getting her nails done, a new outfit, junk food. I drove around with our phone cords, tv cables, etc. in the trunk of my car. She failed all her classes at school, but would memorize my "calling card" number for long distance calls- remember those?- just after seeing the card for less than 1 second as I slipped it into my purse after making a long distance call. This after I cut off the long distance because she would run up thousands of dollars of long distance calls a month on my phone. She would sneak boys in the house overnight, left boyfriends steal our furniture after ditching school and breaking a window to get in the house while I was at work. She advertised all our furniture on Craigs list about 7 years ago and it just so happened that a friend of mine from work responded to the ad and let me know - otherwise she might have succeeded in selling everything! She was an adrenaline junkie and she was grieving the loss of her father. the police hated me because after a certain point I called them every time - hoping to get through to her. I went through a time when I was so jealous of people with "normal" children. Fast forward to this - She is still both an adrenaline junkie and grieving her father (does it ever go away, no, I don't think it will), but she has matured and learned to handle the feelings better. She's come a very long way in the past couple of years and she cries sometimes when she tells me how very sorry she is for all the crap she put us through and she would take it all back if only she could. she is a blessing to me every day now. Hang in there, vent, reach out to others (friends and professionals), pray, cry, and keep alert. Safety is paramount- his and yours. Try not to say things that might damage your future relationship, so that when he does come out of the black hole he is stuck in at the moment, he will just remember that you stood by him no matter what. God bless you and I pray that in just a few years, you will all look back on this and say "we've come so far and life is good"

7/18 to 7/21 - 12.29 miles walking
    Total to date - 98.35 of 140 miles

Wow - you have been the wringer. My heart goes out to both you and Dave as you deal with your respective struggles. Hang in there!

@to both Dave and queenegreene: Many have dealt with emotional issues. God bless you and Kristine for sharing. It does help to know others understand. When I was 16 my mother had a mental breakdown. She was committed to a mental hospital for help. She never really was the same again. I took care of my family by cooking and cleaning while my dad worked. When she returned home, she became paranoid and started making threats to family members. My dad slept on the floor at the entrance of their bedroom so she would not leave at night and drive to my aunts to make threats. She destroyed much of our home and finally divorced my dad. She developed early onset Alzheimer's and died at age 66. I went to court to become her legal guardian to take care of her in her last years.
    My hubby also dealt with his twin girls from his first marriage that became cutters and took over doses of Excedrin. His daughters told a guidance counselor that they were abused by their parents. He and his ex wife were arrested and a judge decided to make an example of him and threw him in jail for 17 months since he could not make bail. Then the jail read all the mail that was filtered before he got it. The girls admitted they lied and that they were angry with him for being away trying to support the family. Evidence showed that they lied but the judge still said my hubby was a sick man. He was released because of no evidence while waiting for a speedy trial. That was the age when kids were convinced that parents were sexually abusing them even though they weren't. I could go on including having a brother with ADHD and raising his son AD as well. You are not alone. Hang in there and talk to anyone who will listen as it does help. My prayers are with you.
  • clepant
    clepant Posts: 3,356 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    July 22: Adding 24.72 miles of which I biked indoors today for 20.20 miles and walked 4.5 miles very early this morning. We got a well needed rainstorm but the heat is back up and sweltering like most of the US. Keep cool folks.
    TTD: 452.57 miles

exercise.png

• 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,863 Member
    Options
    4.18 miles walked today

94.92 miles walked to date
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,201 Member
    Options
    12 miles out of 350.

Adding 56 miles for 68 out of 350.

Adding 35 miles for 103 out of 350.

Adding 101 miles for 204 out of 350.

Adding 21 miles for 254 out of 350.

Adding 29 miles for 283 out of 350.

adding 9 miles for 292 out of 350.

Adding 29 miles for 321 out of 350. Another 29 mile ride and I'm done. :smile:
  • future_rockstar
    future_rockstar Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Adding a 3.5 mile walk in the heat.
    MTD - 100.7/120
  • anaconda469
    anaconda469 Posts: 3,461 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    07/15 - 21.0 miles cycling (TdF Stage 13)
    07/16 - 18.0 miles cycling (TdF Stage 14)
    07/17 - 19.0 miles cycling (TdF Stage 15)
    07/18 - 18.0 miles cycling (TdF Stage 16)
    07/19 - 02.0 miles walking (TdF Rest Day) travel day
    07/20 - 12.0 miles cycling (TdF Stage 17) Riding up Mt Bachelor
    07/21 - 06.0 miles cycling (TdF Stage 18) Mini crit

Total: 327.0 miles

07/22 - 11.0 miles cycling (TdF Stage 19) travel day

Total: 338.0 miles

exercise.png

• future_rockstar
    future_rockstar Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Sorry I don't read many posts but would like to give warm hugs to Dave and queengreene. love. x

Thank you, I appreciate that. It's been quite an ordeal and we're just having to take it day by day. :/

Dave

Aww...hang in there Dave. Sounds like it has been horrible :(
  • Leanz
    Leanz Posts: 2,025 Member
    Options
    20 July 11.3 miles
    21 July 4.5 miles
    22 July 5.3 but disaster - had a tooth out and been told no running nor cycling for a week! Had a bad extraction previously where I ran and lost the clot -OUCH.

MTD 228.6 miles :) but I'll be fairly quiet for the rest of the month
  • Leanz
    Leanz Posts: 2,025 Member
    Options
    Such hard paths so many of you are following - my love is going out to you all XX
  • taxmom9093
    taxmom9093 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Came home from my early morning walk yesterday covered in sweat. I didn't even want to walk between the car and the store later it was so miserable (I didn't even look at the heat index, this is a time I prefer to stay ignorant). This weekend is looking like it will be even worse. I may have to stay inside on the treadmill to stay safe in this heat.

Added 4.5 miles yesterday for a July total of 93.5 miles. It looks like I will make goal. :)

Stay safe in this weather and have a great weekend all.
  • wanderan
    wanderan Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    adding 9.98 miles

exercise.png
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,150 Member
    Options
    Strolling through the goal line with 4.3 miles.

exercise.png
  • JTH11706
    JTH11706 Posts: 2,920 Member
    Options
    =============================
    SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

http://tinyurl.com/myac201402
    =============================

Congratulations to leanz and kar328 on making goal!!

"Be kind to everyone you meet because you never know what kind of battles they are fighting." xoxo
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,863 Member
    Options
    4.20 miles walked today

99.12 miles walked to date
  • Lovemyalex
    Lovemyalex Posts: 3,807 Member
    Options
    July 22
    3 miles
    July 23
    1 mile
    456.04 miles MTD
    *** watching grand children -- forgot my bike...
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,292 Member
    Options
    Walked then Baby Shower! A very nice day!

07/22 - 3.38 miles
    07/23 - 8.52 miles

exercise.png

Hope everyone has a fine Sunday!

Chris
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options

exercise.png

• scarfe9991
    scarfe9991 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    Lots of walking, a few hikes and some running put over goal today.

exercise.png

• taxmom9093
    taxmom9093 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Added 4.5 miles, mostly on the indoor treadmill. Too hard to breathe outside for more than a short walk.

July total 98 miles

exercise.png

• wanderan
    wanderan Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    adding 7.58 miles

exercise.png
This discussion has been closed.