LCD Chat...

Options

Replies

• Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Tough it out Tuesday, huh. Well I picked today to give up artificial sweeteners (and as a result, diet soda - which means the majority of my caffeine intake is gone) so today - and tomorrow - and the next day... will definitely be "tough it out" days LOL
  • Zenwenner
    Zenwenner Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Hang in there, Phrick! You've got this!
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    @Phrick Oooh. No fun. Maybe a tea to help carry you through? Good luck. :)
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    RowdysLady wrote: »
    I constantly struggle to move. I do well for a while then fall back down. I was walking consistently in April then it became East Texas Summer heat and my excuse was the heat and I didn't want to crawl out of bed early enough before the heat hit. Well Anna asked me to walk with her to get ready for band camp - she needs to be used to toughing it out in the heat all day. We've been walking now for about a week and band camp started yesterday. I keep telling myself that I won't stop walking just because she's not with me. I didn't walk yesterday. I can/will do it today.

One step at a time. Literally.

You can do this!
  • GlitterRayne
    GlitterRayne Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    My challenge is binging. I don't go crazy with carb heavy food everything would normally be on plan. But I end up eating too much.
    At night and during work are giving me issues.
    I'm trying to challenge myself not to do this. I'd love some advice from people who have or had the same problem.
  • sammyliftsandeats
    Options
    Tough It Out Tuesday.

How appropriate.

Yesterday was a holiday for me, so I am just catching up on work right now at the office. Hope the day goes by fast - it changed from being nice and sunny out to grey skies. That's Vancouver for ya.

Workout was good this AM - worked on accessory lifts and getting deeper in my squat.

So...we got rejected for like four places so far since we started our search last week. I didn't think it was going to be this hard but I guess people don't like to rent out to couples. Waiting to hear from three more places and going to see a listing tonight. I thought we had one in the bag yesterday because the landlord sounded really impressed by us sending in our application twenty minutes after the viewing. But then she told me later that day that they were in the process of selling the house (it was a basement suite) and that the new owners didn't want them to rent it out. So...that was a waste of time. Anyways, I'm feeling really disheartened now but I have to 'tough it out' and try not to eat my feelings, which is always a challenge for me.

Anyways...enough with boring you guys. Hope you have a good Tuesday!
  • supergal3
    supergal3 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Will jump onto this thread and try to be succinct:

--Recently retired, married forever, no children and adore whatever pet I have at the moment!

--Love all animals (probably more than humans) and read nutritional books (LCHF) and true crime book (i.e. Ann Rule, etc.)

--Obsessed with Words with Friends and trying to teach myself French via CD's.

--Hubby does not eat LCHF, but doesn't interfere with my woe.

--Live in SC but plan to move to 5 acres in Virginia.

--Work out 3 days a week at the local gym, but mainly out of boredom and the understanding cardio plays in a healthy lifestyle.

Biggest challenge lately: eating LCHF foods past satiety.
  • Kimo159
    Kimo159 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Alright, I've been lurking long enough on this thread, I may as well post.

What is your go to exercise when you are lacking motivation?
    Lifting. It's my go to exercise all the time!

How do you decide who to friend here and what would make you unfriend someone?
    I generally will friend anyone who leaves a note with the request. If I find them overly preachy on my news feed I'll usually unfriend. I'm not really into the whole RAH RAH RAH people trying to be coaches stuff on my feed. (For the record I also have no problem with them I just don't like that clogging my feed)

If you could choose any animal to represent you, which one would you choose?
    A dog, because they're awesome and loyal.

What is your stretch goal for 2016?
    To do an unassisted chin up.

What is your favourite low carb recipe?
    Chocolate cheesecake mousse, nom nom nom.

What is the first thing that pops into your head when you're trying to stay focused and motivated to do this?
    "Remember how crappy you felt on carbs?" A little background, I came to LCHF because there's a good chance I have PCOS, my PCP will not do any testing for it so I can't rule it out and/or get on medication. Keto is supposed to be good for PCOS so here I am. That and keto is the only way I have every lost weight in the past. Didn't even lose exercising 1 hr/day and eating 1200 calories.

City or country life?
    Country!! I get stressed out in the concrete jungle.

If you could go back and give yourself 1 piece of advice, what age would you be and what would you say?
    Probably about 16. Just enjoy where you are now, you're life will constantly cycle between ups and downs and you'll always have struggles.

What is your favourite book? Do you have a favourite author?
    I don't really have a fave.

If money wasn't an object, where would you move?
    I'd stay where I was, but I'd live on acreage!

Favourite LC Vegetable?
    Zucchini

Response I get from others who hear of my diet?
    "My friend did that and when they stopped they got fatter." Cool story bro, this isn't a temporary thing.

Favorite month/season?
    May. It's not too warm not too cold. Things are green, sun is shining, motorcycle is on the road!

Favorite holiday destination?
    So far, probably Palm Springs. I probably never would have gone there if my friend didn't get married there but I LOVED it.

Is your family supportive of your LCHF lifestyle?
    Yup! It's pretty easy around them anyway since my family eats a lot of LCHF stuff anyway. They just couple it with carby stuff (bread, rice, etc) which I just don't eat.
  • RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    I chuckled at @Kimo159 because "My friend did that and when they stopped they got fatter." Out of curiosity has anyone ever not gained back and usually plus some when they stop eating a healthier way - regardless of what made it healthier for them? When they oh um...diet?!? I had to tell Anna yesterday that she shouldn't talk about LCHF as a diet - it's a way of eating and not something you stop doing. So right on, Kimo!
  • anewlifeat40
    anewlifeat40 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Tough it out Tuesday was very apropos for me today... Yesterday I helped my husband clean out our shed (took about 6 hours!), then took pics and listed about 25 things to sell and give away on a local FB group... while answering and making arrangements to meet up with people (and trying to keep everyone straight!) I also did our business deposit, paid bills, met my girlfriends for coffee, met my auntie for lunch, had a massage and chiro appointment (my whiplash issues are BAD right now, lots of pain and muscle knots across my shoulders), did more paperwork, paid more bills, went to the butcher's to get some awesome keto meat, did a week's worth of grocery shopping, put said groceries away, cleaned the kitchen, and collapsed in my recliner. I got all my steps in without even going for a walk... AND it was pouring rain all day so I got soaked numerous times running from place to place... Thank goodness Tuesday is DONE. Tomorrow will be a lot more chill... just have to design a business card and flyer for my dad and I have a handful of people coming over through the day to pick up stuff they want to buy from our shed clear out...

Keto wise... I did pretty darn good... Net carbs came in around 32 or 33 and I felt really satisfied all day. In the past I never would have had the energy to get all that done, my back and hip would have given out half way through my day, and i would have been SERIOUSLY cranky... Not to mention I'm feeling PMS'y and still managed to feel okay all day... I also would have gotten take out for dinner and stuffed my face with sugar comfort food because "I deserved it".
  • ProCoffeenator
    ProCoffeenator Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Good morning! It's halfway through the week already! So let's Walk it away (or run)Wednesday!!
    Being stuck at my appointment yesterday messed my step goal :/ So today I'm going to do whatever I can to meet it today. I did get home and manage my yoga which I noticed my form has gotten much better and I was able to move through my venyasa positions with smoother control. I was super proud of myself!!

Have a great day everyone!
  • RunRachelleRun
    RunRachelleRun Posts: 1,854 Member
    Options
    Good morning, all! Love this thread, and nice to see so many from Canada!

What is your go to exercise when you are lacking motivation?
    Run/walk.

How do you decide who to friend here and what would make you unfriend someone?
    Anyone who makes me laugh. I used to unfriend people who never interacted with me, but then one woman messaged me after and I felt bad. Now, I don't unfriend anyone unless they are creepy.

If you could choose any animal to represent you, which one would you choose?
    A dog.

What is your stretch goal for 2016?
    I would like to run (not run/walk) my October half-marathon.

What is your favourite low carb recipe?
    Just starting. Need to get one!

What is the first thing that pops into your head when you're trying to stay focused and motivated to do this?
    Don't just think about doing something. Do something.

City or country life?
    City. Never lived in the country to compare.

If you could go back and give yourself 1 piece of advice, what age would you be and what would you say?
    Age 13/14. It's cooler to be smart. Don't dumb yourself down to fit in.

What is your favourite book? Do you have a favourite author?
    I love Miriam Toews and Doestoevsky. Hard to pick a favourite.

If money wasn't an object, where would you move?
    I need to travel more before I can decide. I do love living in British Columbia.

What is your favourite LCHF vegetable?
    Zucchini and/or mushrooms

Response I get from others who hear of my diet?
    Nothing yet.

Favorite month/season?
    May/spring. I love when everything is in bloom and you have the promise of summer.

Favorite holiday destination?
    Oregon Coast.

Is your family supportive of your LCHF lifestyle?
    We'll see ...

Of all the changes you've seen in yourself since starting this WOE or your weight loss journey, what has been your favorite?
    Not loving the headache, but I am only on day 3 lol
  • sammyliftsandeats
    Options
    @RunRachelleRun - headache can be solved by proper sodium intake. Being LC, we need more sodium than the general population to keep the balance of electrolytes in our body. As we lose water by getting rid of carbs, we are taking sodium with it so we must replace it. Try some pickles or broth!
  • RunRachelleRun
    RunRachelleRun Posts: 1,854 Member
    Options
    @RunRachelleRun - headache can be solved by proper sodium intake. Being LC, we need more sodium than the general population to keep the balance of electrolytes in our body. As we lose water by getting rid of carbs, we are taking sodium with it so we must replace it. Try some pickles or broth!

Thanks @samanthaluangphixay ! I read the thread about electrolytes and am drinking a strong salt/potassium solution. It is helping but not taking the headache away entirely. I'll try upping my sodium even more today.
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    I've cleared out my closet as I've gone along. I didn't want to keep any excuses/reasons to get lazy - if I only had things in my closet that fit at that time, then regaining was not an option. There are a couple of things that I did hang on to - I have 1 pair of size 22 jeans (my beginning size) and two dresses that have special meaning (not my wedding dress though LOL, I gave that away like 16 years ago) but that's all I have that doesn't currently fit - except for the couple pair of shorts that I bought in "my size" that are skinny cut and I didn't realize it... they fit, but dang. I won't wear them in public haha.