Weigh in Wednesday

Options

Replies

• Kimo159
    Kimo159 Posts: 508 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Well I'm not weighing in because I'm probably heavier than usual. I just started weight lifting and I'm sore, so there will be water weight from that, and also water weight from hormones.

I know them feels, but honestly, unless it's going to mess with your head, do it anyway. It's a pretty cool data point to have later for when the water retention and inflammation start shedding.

I love weighing myself through all of the ups and downs. I'm also a data geek though. I track my weight in an app so I can see how my weight trends. As a female this is even cooler because I see what my cycle does to my weight. Though I know it really messes with some people's heads. I actually found it quite liberating because instead of weighing myself semi regularly (and potentially hitting a high weight day and then freaking out because I didn't lose) I can see my highs and lows so I have a better idea of where I stand weight wise.

And on another note. I went to a stagette this weekend. This involved copious amounts of alcohol and while I did pretty good staying keto I wasn't perfect. Apparently when I'm hungover I need hashbrowns. Anyway, no change in weight this week.

SW: 192
    CW: 177.1
    GW: 155
  • PatriciaLoofbourrow
    PatriciaLoofbourrow Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Kimo159 wrote: »

I love weighing myself through all of the ups and downs. I'm also a data geek though. I track my weight in an app so I can see how my weight trends.
    What app do you use? I like to weigh myself too, it shows me what's working and what isn't.

• ryanb1385
    ryanb1385 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    ryanb1385 wrote: »
    Started 2nd week of Feb

SW - 242
    CW - 209.6
    GW (initial) - 170 (13% BF)
    GW (2nd) - 185

I actually weigh daily. It helps me keep accountable to myself. The second goal is my planned keto "bulk", after I kill the fat, that involves a lot of pick things up and put them down. I know my lean mass (148 lbs) due to regular bod pod readings, so BF% is more my true goal than an actual weight.

6/15 - 208.6 lbs - 28.6% BF

6/22 - 208.0 lbs - 28.3%

6/29 - 205.9 lbs - 27.6% BF

7/6 - 204.2 - 27% BF (149 lbs lean mass)

I actually say 203.2 earlier this week, but I think I am holding a bit of stress weight from a couple of awful days at the office.

7/13 - 200.8 - 25.7% BF (149 lbs lean mass)

GW: 170ish - ~10% BF

Still cruising along with the fat loss. Its about time for another BodPod measurement to get updated numbers and make sure my lean number is still accurate.

7/20 - 198.2 (onederland!!) - 25.8% be (147 lbs of lean mass per body pod yesterday)

7/27 - 199.8 - 26.4% BF - Bit of a rebound, had a couple carby meals this week, with one last night, so there may be some water retention.

8/3 - 197.6 - 25.6% BF (147lbs lean) - Back on the loss train, although, I do keep bouncing around the 197 mark, maybe it's another one of my body's "set points". I had one at 210 until I finally broke through after a month.

8/10 - 196.8 - 25.3% BF (147 lbs lean) - Not bad, hopefully I keep trending down. This is the lowest I have seen on the scale since starting the weight loss plan

8/18 - 198.0 - 25.8% BF (147 Lean) - Back up this week - I need to curb the drinking, I think that is whats been holding me back. Its keto approved booze, but Ive been doing 4-5 nights a week due to dating and social activities....or I could take up running to make up the difference.

8/24 - 196.6 - 25.2% BF (147 Lean) - Well, 3 days of not drinking definitely helps. Im not drinking the rest of the week, so I think I'll get a true idea of what my true weight is with out the inflamed hangover state.
  • Zenwenner
    Zenwenner Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    MrsKila wrote: »
    Zenwenner wrote: »
    SW: 236
    CW: 168
    GW: 150

It was stuck at 171 for a few days because of a bit carby on the weekend and some big DOMS going on, but seems to be heading back down finally.

This is great. How long did it take you to do this?

I started in 2010 watching the Olympics on the couch and feeling like a fat *kitten*. By 2012 I had dropped to 168, so about 2 years. I had a back slide between 2014 and 2015 that almost cracked 200 again by Oct 2015. I swore I'd never see that number on my scale again, and here I am - 167 and dropping. It's been a long journey with some speed bumps for sure!
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    last week 149.8
    this week 150.4

Normally this would be depressing, but since it's PMS time and I'm in a bra a size larger than I usually wear, I'm pretty sure I'm packing several extra pounds of water that will drop off sometime in the next 4-5 days.
  • ryanb1385
    ryanb1385 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Well I'm not weighing in because I'm probably heavier than usual. I just started weight lifting and I'm sore, so there will be water weight from that, and also water weight from hormones.

I know them feels, but honestly, unless it's going to mess with your head, do it anyway. It's a pretty cool data point to have later for when the water retention and inflammation start shedding.

I love weighing myself through all of the ups and downs. I'm also a data geek though. I track my weight in an app so I can see how my weight trends. As a female this is even cooler because I see what my cycle does to my weight. Though I know it really messes with some people's heads. I actually found it quite liberating because instead of weighing myself semi regularly (and potentially hitting a high weight day and then freaking out because I didn't lose) I can see my highs and lows so I have a better idea of where I stand weight wise.

Same. I weigh in daily and for me, it helps me keep accountable for my not so great behaviors. I have been drinking a lot lately between social outings and dating, and it has reflected on the scale. I am pretty much flat for the entire month and I see upswings the day after I do drink, or have a cheat meal. Seeing the scale go up reminds me to take it down a notch, or exercise more to offset the extra calories I'm taking in.
  • GlitterRayne
    GlitterRayne Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    No movement today BUT movement since last week. A bit of fluctuation as usual.

SW 239 (thought it was 240 lol)
    CW 231.2
    GW1 180
  • Kimo159
    Kimo159 Posts: 508 Member
    Options

I love weighing myself through all of the ups and downs. I'm also a data geek though. I track my weight in an app so I can see how my weight trends.
    What app do you use? I like to weigh myself too, it shows me what's working and what isn't.

I use the happy scale app. I love it!

Same. I weigh in daily and for me, it helps me keep accountable for my not so great behaviors. I have been drinking a lot lately between social outings and dating, and it has reflected on the scale. I am pretty much flat for the entire month and I see upswings the day after I do drink, or have a cheat meal. Seeing the scale go up reminds me to take it down a notch, or exercise more to offset the extra calories I'm taking in.

This is awesome!! Just another reason it's nice to weigh regularly. It's good to be able to see what affects your body before those little gains turn into larger ones over time.
  • StacyChrz
    StacyChrz Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Good morning LCHF Friends!!

SW (03/2015) 251.8
    MFP Start(06/2015) 235
    CW 192.4
    GW 150 (then re-eval)

I started LCHF about 5 weeks ago. I had a struggle getting my carbs to where I wanted them at first and then a brief issue with electrolytes. The past several days I have been feeling amazing and full of energy along with having a 'whoosh' of weight loss. 5lbs in 5 days!
  • mskeyaj
    mskeyaj Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    5'7"
    SW: 186
    CW: 163
    GW: 138

• coopscoopc
    coopscoopc Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    5'
    SW: 181
    CW: 176.8
    GW: 135

someday I wonder... I am a newbie so I may have my expectations too high.. I mean why aren't the pounds flying off of me??? ;)
  • ramblinirishrose
    ramblinirishrose Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    5ft
    Sw: 265
    Cw: 241.4
    Gw: 110
  • ramblinirishrose
    Options
    How long have you been eating keto? What are your goal macros?
  • ramblinirishrose
    Options
    Sorry that message was for coopscoopc
  • Sarahb29
    Sarahb29 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    5ft 7
    Sw: 308
    Cw: 256
    Gw: 150

Another daily weigh-er checking in. I love it cause I get to see my "real" weight vs my "weird hormonal shark week" weight, which happens to be todays weight. I know when I jump 3-4lbs it's about to start. Any more than that and I'd be gunning for a pregnancy test, lol.
  • Panda_Poptarts
    Panda_Poptarts Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    Starting Weight: 334
    Previous Weight: 248
    Current Weight: 245
    Weekly loss: 3 pounds