New To EM2WL? Introduce Yourself Here!

Options

Replies

• empressichel
    empressichel Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    @alittleee
    Glad you are here!
    love the idea of taking walks at work whenever you can, that will definitely help with the boredom too.
    When you eat more and more satisfying foods that have protein and fat in them, it will keep you feeling fuller for longer so you will be less likely to want to binge on the other foods. Also, knowing that no foods are 'off limits' and all foods can be included in your lifestyle wishing your calorie and macro goals helps us to not have 'off or cheat' days or 'bad or cheat' foods.
    Finding out a rough idea of what your calorie level should be is the best place to start.
    http://eatmore2weighless.com/weight-loss-calculator/
    I you have any questions after going through everything, feel free to ask here!
    Ichel
    EM2WL Ambassador and Moderator
  • empressichel
    Options
    Hi @beverlyriley900
    The link that @saranharm gave you is the perfect place to start.
    I'll send you a FR so I can help give all the support you need!
    Ichel
  • empressichel
    Options
    Hi Crystal @cfsassyc
    Just wanting to get healthier is the best place to start!
    Have you checked out the website www.em2wl.com yet?
    It's packed full of info/blogs/workouts/forums etc.
    Let us know on here if you have any questions as you go through the info.
    Ichel
  • brileylmt
    brileylmt Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    @saranharm Thanks for the help. My TDEE being 2031 scares the bejeezus out of me. I have not eaten that much in years. It will be hard to trust the process. I will do my daily best to eat quality calories instead of the junk. I just find it hard to believe the EM2WL will help me start to loose the weight again. I will continue to do my daily workouts and get my calorie intake up. I have downloaded the information. I will also continue to read the other posts and the website. I am very glad that I have found this group and the wonderful and inspiring people in the group.
  • TerezaToledo
    TerezaToledo Posts: 613 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    @beverlyriley900 I bet anything close to 2k calories will scare you, but trust me that's what you can be eating. I am as tall as you, just a tad younger and can easily maintain around 2.5k. I have kids and lift 3 to 4 times a week. I have been doing this consistently for about 5 years and I can assure you that it does pay off. Eat, lift, repeat, it does wonders for your body and soul.

If you haven't done it yet, check our "New to EM2WL? Start here thread: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10430416/welcome-to-em2wl-start-here#latest

Tereza
    Team EM2WL
  • lecourtlee
    lecourtlee Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hello, Ive been slowly incorporating more food into my diet to become better nourished. I saw this group and got excited because there are so many resources here! I have about 91 lbs that i want to lose (long term) but at the moment, its about getting healthy and stronger. And that starts by repairing my metabolism :D
  • jerilynconn
    jerilynconn Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Welcome @lecourtlee
  • TerezaToledo
    Options
    @lecourtlee Welcome! Good to see you are starting with the right thinking, focusing on getting stronger and healthier!

Tereza
    Team EM2WL
  • empressichel
    Options
    Hi @lecourtlee Glad to have you here and glad you like all the resources!
    Great plans! Are you doing a metabolism reset at the moment?
    http://eatmore2weighless.com/the-metabolism-reset-guide/
    Ichel
  • Raynn1
    Raynn1 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to say welcome to all the new people and we hope you enjoy the boards here! There are a lot of us around to help you navigate this very different way of thinking about food and "diets" in general. The links the ladies gave are a great place to start and will help you to understand how this process all works. It can be very daunting and scary to begin, but trust us. We have all been down that path before you, and we have all come out the other side much happier, healthier and stronger.

If you havent already, follow EM2WL on Facebook and On Instagram and Twitter to get more great tips, ideas and lightbulb moments to help you along the way!

Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/EM2WL/?fref=ts
    FB online community - https://www.facebook.com/groups/1754102281470874/
    instagram - https://www.instagram.com/eatmore2weighless/

Kelly
  • lecourtlee
    lecourtlee Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hi @lecourtlee Glad to have you here and glad you like all the resources!
    Great plans! Are you doing a metabolism reset at the moment?
    http://eatmore2weighless.com/the-metabolism-reset-guide/
    Ichel

Hello, yes I am. Its really tough but im making sure to keep working out while i do this. There's no reason not to get stronger :) im also using a tape measure. Im not getting bigger, just heavier right now
  • NicholasCamero
    NicholasCamero Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, 22, UK, Male here!

just graduated this year and I'm looking to work on my body. My final year really took its toll on me. I used to be 105kg, bench 120kg, squat 130kg, deadlift 120kg. In my last year at University, I was pretty broke so I couldnt sustain myself with good food, and slowly my appetite deteriorated. I could only eat 1-2 medium meals a day, but I still drink a lot of water. I do cycle a lot, sometimes doing 40-50 miles in one day a few times a week.

I am now 127kg and not as strong any more. I really want to cut down and get back to 105kg. I understand diet is 80% of the journey so I'm looking for healthy eats/recipes.
  • bodyPositive2016
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I'm a 21 year old female, height: 5'5", weight: fluctuating 112 - 114 lbs. I first began dieting and formal exercise when I was 17 and weighed 136 lbs. In college I got as low as 104 lbs through calorie restricting. This is NOT a good weight for me and I recognized that. Since then (2 ish years), I've been slowly gaining weight and trying to achieve a healthy physique, rather than a skinny one. I feel I'm there now at 113ish lbs. Problem is, it seems like all I think about is diet and exercise. I feel like a can't eat if I don't exercise. I'm so afraid of gaining weight and losing the body I worked so hard to achieve!

I've gotten my body composition done but even knowing my BMR and Body Fat % I still feel like I can't eat as much as the numbers tell me.
    Body Fat %: 17.9
    BMR: 1320
    Given I work out (bootcamp 3 days a week, running twice a week and hiking twice a week -- all for roughly 45 minutes), I can probably eat around 1500 calories a day. But I'm scared to eat above my BMR and when I do eat 1500 calories I get super anxious and guilty. Also if I miss a workout I feel like I shouldn't eat more than 1000 calories. Idk why, that's just how I feel.

I'm really curious what you all have to say. I don't want to feel so anxious anymore!! :(
  • TerezaToledo
    Options
    @bodyPositive2016 Welcome! Congrats on achieving the body you want! Now, to be honest, with the activity level you have, you should be eating at least 2000 cals a without any worries. BMR is how many calories you need daily while laying in bed, in a coma, just to breath. You have an amazing bf and I am sure you look amazing. But do you want to eat that little and workout that much for life? You are young and your body will handle it for now, but eventually it will rebel and chances are you will end up gaining even eating less.

I know this may be hard to hear. Take your time, look around the board, read the stories. You can keep looking amazing for life and eat more. All you have to do is change things around a little. I'll leave you with a great to read http://eatmore2weighless.com/not-eating-enough-calories-for-weight-loss/

Tereza
    Team Em2WL
  • TerezaToledo
    Options
    Welcome @NicholasCamero ! Yes, eating to fuel your body and workouts is a must. Focus on the protein and lifting, hit your calories daily and cut down on the cardio. One would think that by eating less and moving more you'd lose weight, but not necessarily.

Tereza
    Team EM2WL
  • empressichel
    Options
    Hi @NicholasCamero UK here too! Yeah life throws problems at us, but it's good to hear you are ready to get stuck back in.
    There are lots of recipe ideas on our pinterest page https://uk.pinterest.com/anitrasoto/em2wl-eatmore2weighlesscom/
    and there are lots of workouts to get you motivated on our website http://eatmore2weighless.com/category/workouts/
    Let us know if you have any questions as you go through things.
    Ichel
  • empressichel
    Options
    Hi @bodyPositive2016 I think you have already identified yourself that you aren't happy where you are. So glad you were able to post here! You can increase what you eat, without any of the guilt or shame. You can eat, have a great life, a fantastic body and lose all the negative associations with food and feeling like you have to earn your food through exercise.Many of us have had very similar experiences to you so we get where you are coming from. @TerezaToledo gave you a great link and some great advice there.
    We are great believers here in only doing something that you are able to sustain for the rest of your life
    http://eatmore2weighless.com/3-ways-to-tell-if-a-diet-will-work-for-you/
    Me are here for help and support. You can do this!
    Ichel
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    Please can you August me.
    I have been on MFP for three years. I lost 50lbs but have not shifter anything for 6 months. I am really desperate for those scales to start moving but no matter what I do nothing happens. It has been suggested any times that I should increase my calories, out of desperation I tried that for four weeks only to gain 4 lbs and I have only managed to remove 2 of those extra pounds, so my total
    Loss is now 48lb. I reall don't understand eat more to weigh less, do you have a mentor or buddy system as I don't understand all the figures you have to work out. I really hope you can help, I've even seen my GP about this. Thanks Carol
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    I have been on MFP for three years. I lost 50lbs but have not shifter anything for 6 months. I am really desperate for those scales to start moving but no matter what I do nothing happens. It has been suggested any times that I should increase my calories, out of desperation I tried that for four weeks only to gain 4 lbs and I have only managed to remove 2 of those extra pounds, so my total
    Loss is now 48lb. I reall don't understand eat more to weigh less, do you have a mentor or buddy system as I don't understand all the figures you have to work out. I really hope you can help, I've even seen my GP about this. Thanks Carol

Sorry that should start 'help me!
  • jerilynconn
    jerilynconn Posts: 524 Member
    Options

Sorry that should start 'help me!

@dejavuohlala

Hi and welcome!

Em2wl is a long term process. For example, I am 10 months in and up 21 pounds. I have a history of over a decade of disordered, yo-yo dieting.

Have you read http://eatmore2weighless.com/about-em2wl/ ? Or the other stickies on the top of this page?

Feel free to add me as a friend, or message me. I always respond.