Karie - OMAD 7/18/15

kabrigail
kabrigail Posts: 149 Member
Hello. My name is Karie. I started OMAD on 7/18/15. I just want to go over how much I've lost each week and maybe a couple things I experienced.

The first week was okay. I felt hungry, but drank coffee in the morning and that really helped. And I drank Chai Latte tea in the afternoon and that really helped. I still do this. I lost 4.5 pounds that first week. 2nd week I lost 3.5. 3rd week I lost 1 pound and today, on week 4 I only lost 1 pound.

I understand that my body might be resisting or something and I'm going to stick with it, but I wonder if it makes an impact if I'm not eating enough calories. I eat out just about every day. I'm single and live alone, so I just pick something up on the way home. Some days the meal I get may be 900 calories and some days it might be closer to 1200 calories. I quit drinking. That was tough at first, but I feel so much better and sleep so much better.

Anyways, that's just a little of what I've experienced. I want to update this each time I'm thinking something or have a weigh in.

Replies

• arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Your results are sounding really good. Not every week will result in a big loss, or a loss at all. Once you are cutting into the actual fat (which you are now), that means real losses. It's never a reason to worry. You'll keep going all the way down to where you want to be. My "sweet spot" loss caloric range was 1,300 to 1,600. I'd stay above 1,100 calories if I were you. Remember the splurge day at least once every two weeks.

Way to go on giving up drinking! I wish more people would do it. I've yet to hear someone say: "____ would have been a better mother/father if they'd just spent a little more time in the cocktail bar!" You are really bettering yourself by having done so.
  • M_Foote
    M_Foote Posts: 148 Member
    Great job! I look forward to seeing your progress. Like AS says, when you hit the fat, losses really start to count. A couple of pounds of true fat is a lot of loss. Keep it up!
  • kabrigail
    Good morning! I did horrible this weekend because I wasn't feeling well. I ate lunch and dinner on Friday. Just dinner on Saturday and drank 4 beers, and Sunday I ate dinner, drank about 6 beers and ate again. Did really bad. But I'm getting back on track today and I still had some weight loss. I lost 3 more pounds so I didn't really do any damage thankfully.
  • arguablysamson
    It's actually quite common for your splurge days to come before losses. Just jump right back on the wagon and you'll see greater losses still.
  • kabrigail
    It's actually quite common for your splurge days to come before losses. Just jump right back on the wagon and you'll see greater losses still.

Thank you so much for your encouragement!!!
  • kabrigail
    Hello everyone. I know it's been a little while since I posted. I'm still on the diet and it's going great! I've lost 21 pounds and still going. I only have one problem. I guess losing the weight has caused my ketones to elevate and given me a bladder infection (which I've had for a month). I don't know how to control the ketones. Any suggestions? I've been reading that ketones can elevate if you're not eating enough carbohydrates, but i'm not sure what that means. Please help. Thank you!
  • arguablysamson
    kabrigail wrote: »
    Hello everyone. I know it's been a little while since I posted. I'm still on the diet and it's going great! I've lost 21 pounds and still going. I only have one problem. I guess losing the weight has caused my ketones to elevate and given me a bladder infection (which I've had for a month). I don't know how to control the ketones. Any suggestions? I've been reading that ketones can elevate if you're not eating enough carbohydrates, but i'm not sure what that means. Please help. Thank you!

Well, bladder infections tend to go after women disproportionately. I'm not sure it has anything to do with ketones. I've never heard of such a thing. I do know that cranberry juice DOES kick a bladder infection. That's what the Native Americans used to treat them. A steady, daily consumption of cranberry juice causes your urinary wall to clean itself and not be able to bond with anything. I've only ever had one, but it cured it fast and I haven't had one since.
  • M_Foote
    M_Foote Posts: 148 Member
    Where you at, kabrigail? Still kickin'?
  • kabrigail
    Well, I'm gonna start this again. Thankfully, I didn't really gain back any of the weight that I lost the first time I did this diet. I went through some health issues and stopped the diet for a while, but I'm going to give it another go and hopefully lose a lot more weight. This is day one and I'm doing pretty good. Had coffee this morning and my chai latte at around 1pm. and started getting hungry around 2:30pm. Just drinking lots of water and hanging in there. Should get to eat dinner around 5pm so I know I'll make it just fine. Don't know what to eat yet, but I want to make it count. Lol. It's nice to be back. Good luck everyone!
  • VeganAmandaJ
    VeganAmandaJ Posts: 234 Member
    Welcome back! I'm new to this but love it so far. I'm curious about the chai tea latte, is it small? I feel like that would break the fast even with nonfat milk beds sue of the calories. I've read anything under 50 calories won't break the fast. Do you know?
  • kabrigail
    Welcome back! I'm new to this but love it so far. I'm curious about the chai tea latte, is it small? I feel like that would break the fast even with nonfat milk beds sue of the calories. I've read anything under 50 calories won't break the fast. Do you know?

It's a k-cup you make in a Keurig coffee maker. It's 60 calories. I drank them last time and it didn't keep me from losing weight.
  • kabrigail
    Well, it has been a week and I lost 5 pounds! Yay!!!!
  • OMADing1
    OMADing1 Posts: 337 Member
    kabrigail wrote: »
    Well, it has been a week and I lost 5 pounds! Yay!!!!

Yay indeed!!!! You Rock!
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Nice! Was that your 1st week back loss?
  • vrojapu
    vrojapu Posts: 268 Member
    Congratulations!!
  • Abm4n
    Abm4n Posts: 529 Member
    5 lbs in 1 week is a great start. :)
  • kabrigail
    blambo61 wrote: »
    Nice! Was that your 1st week back loss?

Yep! First week back.
  • SavedByGrace26356
    SavedByGrace26356 Posts: 544 Member
    Great loss....yeah OMAD!!
  • kabrigail
    Well, it's been one month and I've lost 8 pounds. I think I would have lost more but I went out of town to a dart tournament and I went on a business trip so I cheated a lot. I'm not worried about it though. I wasn't losing any weight before the diet so I'm happy. 8 pounds is a lot of weight so YAY!!!! Hope I lose that much next month or more!
  • SavedByGrace26356
    SavedByGrace26356 Posts: 544 Member
    edited September 2016
    8 pounds is a great loss especially with your schedule.

vrg71zc8q3pb.png