QUESTIONS & ANSWERS!

Options

Replies

• MissionEnforcer
    MissionEnforcer Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    mts7471 wrote: »
    I don't see the weigh in sheet on spreadsheet?

The Optional "Weight Tracker" is a TAB on the Race Spreadsheet
  • tuffgirl19
    tuffgirl19 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    How do you tag Missioninforcer and is this only for the post about introducing ourselves/where we live? I introduced myself and said where I live in the same post.
    Thanks!
  • hawkins410
    hawkins410 Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    tuffgirl19 wrote: »
    How do you tag MissionEnforcer and is this only for the post about introducing ourselves/where we live? I introduced myself and said where I live in the same post. Thanks!
    You tag @MissionEnforcer by first putting the "@" sign before his name. It should turn blue, which will alert him to your post. During this week, you only need to do it once, for Challenge #1. However, it will be used many times throughout the race for verification purposes.

ATTENTION ALL PLAYERS: IN CHALLENGE #1, BE SURE TO INCLUDE A BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF WHERE YOU LIVE!
    :):):)
  • 2016summerfun
    2016summerfun Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Hi sorry to be a pain but I can't see my name on the weight tracker .. :#
  • hawkins410
    Options
    No pain! @MissionEnforcer made a mistake (gasp! :o) and another player was entered twice. I will bring it to his attention tomorrow. :)
  • lbenson2006
    lbenson2006 Posts: 3,372 Member
    Options
    hawkins410 wrote: »
    No pain! @MissionEnforcer made a mistake (gasp! :o) and another player was entered twice. I will bring it to his attention tomorrow. :)

WHAT?! Mission Enforcer is a human and can make mistakes, say it isn't so?! Lol!!
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,396 Member
    Options

I'm writing this event down in my calendar!
  • hawkins410
    Options
    cardbucfan wrote: »
    I'm writing this event down in my calendar!
    I believe the proper date would be October 17, 2016. :D:D:D
  • belle_reve9
    belle_reve9 Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    Ok, just so I am sure, and sorry if this has been asked...WHERE do we tag Missionenforcer and list our info?
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    @belle_reve9, when a challenge calls for MissionEnforcer to be tagged, you do it in your team's thread.
  • belle_reve9
    belle_reve9 Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    HASWLRS wrote: »
    @belle_reve9, when a challenge calls for MissionEnforcer to be tagged, you do it in your team's thread.

THANK YOU!!
  • Meowler
    Meowler Posts: 115 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    @hawkins410 I'm not sure if this has been asked previously, but do warm liquids (i.e. tea, coffee, soup) count towards our fluid intake for the challenge? Today I've drank a 1L of coffee and used about 500ml of water in some homemade soup, but not sure if these count. Also referred to this article, but not sure how you want to treat it: http://www.discovergoodnutrition.com/2012/09/plain-water-get-your-8-glasses-a-day/
  • hawkins410
    Options
    Meowler wrote: »
    @hawkins410 I'm not sure if this has been asked previously, but do warm liquids (i.e. tea, coffee, soup) count towards our fluid intake for the challenge? Today I've drank a 1L of coffee and used about 500ml of water in some homemade soup, but not sure if these count.
    Unfortunately, those don't count. The purpose of it being a water specific challenge is to flush toxins out of our systems and make sure we stay well hydrated throughout the day and workouts. Thank you for asking though! :)
  • novten82
    novten82 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Is it too late to join a team?
  • Meowler
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Meowler wrote: »
    @hawkins410 I'm not sure if this has been asked previously, but do warm liquids (i.e. tea, coffee, soup) count towards our fluid intake for the challenge? Today I've drank a 1L of coffee and used about 500ml of water in some homemade soup, but not sure if these count.
    Unfortunately, those don't count. The purpose of it being a water specific challenge is to flush toxins out of our systems and make sure we stay well hydrated throughout the day and workouts. Thank you for asking though! :)

I don't suppose this is something you would reconsider then? Given the time of year and now that temperatures are dropping, it is much more desirable to drink warm fluids instead of cold (especially here in Norway where it was -22.3 °C at it's coldest in my town last year). I've been looking up different articles and contrary to belief, coffee and tea are not 'diuretics' nor do they cause dehydration. As long as you're not consuming more than 400mg of caffiene (eight cups of tea / four-five cups of coffee) each day then it's not an issue. They also have antioxidant properties. I think as long as you're consuming enough fluids, regardless of whether hot or cold, then it's fine as you're giving your body the necessary hydration either way. It shouldn't really matter if / how it's been diluted.

http://patient.info/blogs/sarah-says/2014/05/do-we-need-eight-glasses-of-water-a-day
    http://patient.info/blogs/sarah-says/coffee-and-tea-health-myths-and-risks
    http://www.caffeineinformer.com/caffeine-and-dehydration

If you don't agree with this then it's fine, but I just wanted to challenge it as I believe it should be considered on the basis of information and studies available.
  • hawkins410
    Options
    novten82 wrote: »
    Is it too late to join a team?
    If you haven't already done so, join the group and add your name to the Wait List. If we need new players, @MissionEnforcer will take members from the list. Thank you for your interest! :)
  • Meowler
    Options
    @Meowler: I discussed this with @MissionEnforcer and we agree that this is a water challenge. I specifically chose it for the first week's challenge before the temps drop too low. It looks like Oslo is about 43 F today (not very close to -22.3 C), so as long as you consume your water indoors, you should be fine. As suggested earlier, consuming at least 8 ounces as soon as you wake up will help you get off to a great start! Sorry to disappoint you, and I understand your viewpoint, but a "challenge" is sometimes a "challenge"! :)

No worries! Thank you for considering it anyway. :) I didn't mean to imply that temperatures were that low at the moment, but just wanted to give you an idea of how low it will be getting quite soon. We've already had our first sprinkling of snow, although it didn't stick around for too long! Will certainly be challenging myself to drink those 2.3L of water. :) Thank you!
  • scarletspy
    scarletspy Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    @Meowler: I discussed this with @MissionEnforcer and we agree that this is a water challenge. I specifically chose it for the first week's challenge before the temps drop too low. It looks like Oslo is about 43 F today (not very close to -22.3 C), so as long as you consume your water indoors, you should be fine. As suggested earlier, consuming at least 8 ounces as soon as you wake up will help you get off to a great start! Sorry to disappoint you, and I understand your viewpoint, but a "challenge" is sometimes a "challenge"! :)

Just wanted to check: what's the stance on diluting juice?