What book are you reading?

Options

Replies

• shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I read the first 4 twice.. then rushed through the last ones when they all came out so close together... I didn't enjoy them as much. And wanted to throw out the last book when I was done (hated the ending).

Looking forward to the movies though!

Have you heard the theory about the movie? (SPOILER ALERT for those that haven't read these books) http://nerdist.com/stephen-king-just-dropped-a-crazy-intriguing-dark-tower-hint/

If this theory is correct, all I can say is SQUEE! I think it's a perfect idea for the movie and fits in with the universe that King created in these books.
  • tabbyblack13
    tabbyblack13 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I'm reading the Innkeeper Chronicles from Ilona Andrews. She has the third book on her site being released in parts as they write them.
  • balibee146
    balibee146 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I'm re-reading Jingo by Terry Pratchett's for the umpteenth time :smiley:
  • ladyraiah
    ladyraiah Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    My friend and I started a book club so I'm currently reading The Looking Glass Wars for that. I don't want to tell her because she loves it, but I hate it. It just...can't figure out who it's audience is. Oh well, I only have like 90 pages to go.
  • Hellion83
    Hellion83 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Just finished Blood Meridian. About to start Fall of Light from Steven Erikson. His Malazan Book of the Fallen series is probably my fav epic fantasy read.
  • renku
    renku Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Just started American Gods, on the note of Neil Gaiman. I just finished book one of Game of Thrones, need a break
  • feisty_bucket
    feisty_bucket Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    renku wrote: »
    Just started American Gods, on the note of Neil Gaiman.

Cool, enjoy, I liked that one a lot. Hope the TV show does it justice.

Stoked because I'm gonna start the new Star Wars canon novel tomorrow: Aftermath: Life Debt. Audiobookin' it for mah a.m. run.
  • Varamyr38
    Varamyr38 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I'm reading the novelization of the William Hartnell Doctor Who serial The Sensorites. Just fantastic.
  • petstorekitty
    petstorekitty Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    2d6 by Robert Bevan then going to Critical Failures 4
    best D&D based fun fictions I've found so far.
    <3
  • ptsmiles
    ptsmiles Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    I'm reading The Trials of Apollo by Rick Riordan to my kids and have a couple of different books going for myself. I'm reading Finders Keepers by Steven King, The Help by Kathryn Stockett, Son of a Witch by Gregory Maguire, The Crying Girl by Glen Ebisch and Sleepy Hollow by Dax Varley. My mood determines which book I pick up. Lately, I have been focusing on Finders Keepers.
  • geminiswede
    geminiswede Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Just finished Ready Player One by Ernest Cline and originally had Armanda by him queued up next, but I'm actually in the process of reading The Cursed Child first so the danger of spoilers passes.
  • shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    Just finished the Lunar Chronicles and throughly enjoyed it. Sci-fi fantasy based on fairy tales. It's juvenile fiction, which makes for a quick read. Lots of fun!
  • whimsicalwattle
    whimsicalwattle Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm re-reading American Gods at the moment. Struggling to find the time to squeeze those pages in though :(
  • PlunderingSteelGorilla
    Options
    Gods and Mortals: Eleven Novels Featuring Thor, Loki, Greek Gods, Native American Spirits, Vampires, Werewolves, & More

Book 1 was Thor and was too fluffy, too far too long to read as it was not interesting.
    Book 2 was Loki and was a decent read.
    Book 3 is Lucifer and so far is alright.

Not full books, more like long teasers to lead you into picking up the series of each.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Finished bloodlines (the star wars book) yesterday. it was ok. Also read Harry Potter and the Cursed Child and I really enjoyed it.

Going to start Conjuror by the Barrowmans soon.
  • midsummer174627
    midsummer174627 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I just finished re-reading (audiobooking) Furiously Happy by Jenny Lawson. Before that, Nobody Knows You're Weird on the Internet (Almost) by Felicia Day --- which I will be discussing at a book club later today!
  • Lulaica
    Lulaica Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I'm still working on Pride and Prejudice and Zombies. I've been in sort of a reading rut, but I'm close to finishing, so I'm going to just power through and then switch to something else (either another pleasure book, or I may read source books for games I play).
  • d0gma
    d0gma Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    I'm re-reading the Harry Potter series, just started Goblet of Fire.
  • ptsmiles
    ptsmiles Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Pride and Predjudice and Zombies. I haven't read the original, but I'm enjoying this one. Maybe it is the zombies.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Finished a Night Without Stars by Peter Hamilton. Really like his Commonwealth books!