suzqtme Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    You are blessed.
  • RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    @missippibelle and @supergal3
    I'm gonna try... thank you.

@suzqtme I am blessed in life and family these days. Took a long time to get here but yes. And I do hope it will pass with me overcoming vs succumbing. Thank you.
  • Zenwenner
    Zenwenner Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    *hug* Rowdy! I have been going through the exact same thing for a few weeks now too! I am good for a couple of days, then for some reason I eat cookies. Not just one cookie, LOTS of cookies. Or Halloween little chocolate bars, lots of them. Rice, bread... I've dabbled in all of it lately and I am not proud of myself. In fact, every night I go to bed beating myself up, and I've been avoiding this forum because of it. =(

I get up the next day planning to be good, and it starts out well, but then.... I screw it all up and don't ever make it to the gym, etc etc. *sigh*

Anyway - just wanted you to know you're not alone. I feel ya!
  • RowdysLady
    Options
    Thank you @Zenwenner. I'm sorry you are going through this too. If I could recommend you not avoid the forums here - we won't beat you up and as you can see we will try to help you stop beating yourself up too. Everyone is so supportive! Love you guys!!
  • RowdysLady
    Options
    Ok, my typo in the word sabotage in my title is driving me crazy. I do know how to spell most of the time...sigh.
  • SuperCarLori
    SuperCarLori Posts: 1,248 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    We're going to need to start a *kitten* ups only challenge lol.

Hold one another accountable. Message one another when things are dicey. Reach out for compassion and a shoulder, or even a *kitten* fest.

I've been doing the same thing, @Zenwenner and am ashamed to log it, I'm hiding it, like I used to do while using! I want to be back to where I was a few months ago.

Anyone else interested in a cheaters anonymous challenge thread?
    @RowdysLady would that help you? I know I need a reset.
  • SuperCarLori
    Options
    Hey, just came across this! Check out number 8!!!
    Well check them ALL out lol

http://alldayidreamaboutfood.com/2015/05/top-10-tips-for-getting-back-on-track-with-your-low-carb-diet.html
  • kmn118
    kmn118 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    @SuperCarLori I, too, failed to stop smoking... this time! But, there will be another time that I will be successful. Just now, I choose to focus my willpower on food. I feel lucky that I don't have to bake cupcakes or stock the house with many forbidden (to me) foods, which would be like dangling a steak in front of a lion. It's like that bumper sticker says, "Choose life" because my old choices were killing me. By the way, we still have 2.5 months in which to be able to claim that we quit smoking in 2016! ;)
  • SuperCarLori
    Options
    kmn118 wrote: »
    @SuperCarLori I, too, failed to stop smoking... this time! But, there will be another time that I will be successful. Just now, I choose to focus my willpower on food. I feel lucky that I don't have to bake cupcakes or stock the house with many forbidden (to me) foods, which would be like dangling a steak in front of a lion. It's like that bumper sticker says, "Choose life" because my old choices were killing me. By the way, we still have 2.5 months in which to be able to claim that we quit smoking in 2016! ;)

I wish I didn't have to have carbs in this house, but Bob is a frickin long drink of water. Sigh.. two and a half months you say.....
  • collegefbfan
    collegefbfan Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    @RowdysLady ... you have helped me tons on here. I was afraid of eating the bad foods for the last two months. At the boat show this past weekend, VIP tickets to the food tent. Protein overload. Still shouldn't have eaten the breaded chicken or breaded fish. Shouldn't have had that taste of cocktail sauce. I did and it lowered my keto number dramatically. I kicked myself in the *kitten* and said, now do something about it and get your butt back where you belong. A setback is temporary, so don't beat yourself up constantly. You have come so far. You got this.
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    I don't know about anyone else, but there is usually something stressful going on when I fail on my diet: not enough sleep, too much work, heartbreak, illness, injury. It happens occasionally, and I go back the same way I got onto a healthy diet in the first place, one step at a time. I'm currently recovering from jet lag, and not fully on a healthy diet again.
  • RowdysLady
    Options
    I like that idea, @SuperCarLori and thanks for the link..checking it out now!
  • RowdysLady
    Options
    Thank you to everyone for the wonderful support!
  • SuperCarLori
    Options
    Yeah, I'm sorry...really sorry if I hijacked. I believe in you!
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    (((((((hugs))))))) to you all and the mind*kitten* this whole thing can be...esp for women. I go through a very similar thinking process.

We're all worth it!!!! And other trite, but true, cliches.
  • BaconSan2
    BaconSan2 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    This isn't really sage advice & I haven't been losing long enough to give it anyway but here it goes...maybe you are just bored with it all? Even though it is all good maybe it has gotten boring. Is there anything you can do make some kind of new thing that can come into your life? Even as simple as cooking a new food? You know you have always wanted to try crock pot frog legs? :wink: Is there something you want to buy for just yourself (to kitten with the budget) How about a new activity? I only say this because I know being bored is the sure path to disaster for myself. Even the busiest ppl can be bored. We have to be like sharks alway moving ... that is my theory anyway.
    Big hug to an amazing women! YOU!