Before Christmas 2016

Options

Replies

• gorilita
    gorilita Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Wednesday was a good day for me. I stayed withing my calories and macros. I put in two workouts. A morning cardio seasion is always a great accomplishment for me because I am as far from being a morning person as imaginable. Have a great Thurdsday everyone!
  • gorilita
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Survived Thursday fighting off temptation and laziness. I put on a documentary about RAAM cycling race (insane) and hopped on the bike for over an 1.5h. Sometimes I need that external motivation to get my butt movin' and it works everytime. Once I start it's downhill from there. Happy Friday everyone and here's to a great weekend (insert emoji of a cocktail (virgin))
  • treehugnmama
    treehugnmama Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    gorilita the weekend is coming what's the plan?
    my plan is a long hike today. skating tomorrow night and I'm not sure for Sunday yet.

I noticed I had been low o sleep the last month this week I tried to hit my 8 hours and did most nights and man my cravings went down....must remember that. the scale even went down into new loss so that is great.

had a super stressfull crappy day yesterday and felt like I need a walk instead of I need a insert comfort food here so that was great.

hope everyone has great food and exercise choices this weekend.
  • goldengirl111
    goldengirl111 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    merflan wrote: »
    Great idea. I'm only 6 days in, after trying to count calories and exercise for the last f6 months. I keep gaining and losing the same 5 pounds so thought I'd give low carb a try. I have 40 to lose and my goal is to fit into my black lace dress for the Christmas party this year. I hate year after year having to wear black pants and a loose top. Right now I'm starting with Atkins induction so I have some guidelines to follow. , so staying under 20 grams of net carbs a day. But will gradually increase after the two weeks is up.

I'm having that same problem gain lose same lbs..my problem chips...buffet past month with family...had not gone to buffets in years....have to cut it off again.
  • goldengirl111
    Options
    My ultimate goal is to lose 20more lbs....in 5 lb increments..not drastically.
  • goldengirl111
    Options
    MoonKat7 wrote: »
    Missed my workout today. Trying to figure out if I had "carb flu" or the real thing lol but not feeling great and very nauseous. Spent most of the day in bed, so besides my am meal I've had broth to get some sodium in me. Tomorrow is a new day. However I am incredibly proud I didn't give in and have some toast :smile:

I hope you'll better very soon
    Yes tomorrow is a new day

What is carb flu??
  • gorilita
    Options
    Good question thm! I plan on starting my days the same time as during the week so I can follow the same meal schedule. I can take a nap later if I want to. I already have my workouts planned but that part is never an issue. I have a 32oz bottle I am going to attach myself to. I plan on having 3 of those throughout the day. Sunday I am shopping and cooking for the following week. That's the plan! :-)
  • MoonKat7
    MoonKat7 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Missed my workout today. Trying to figure out if I had "carb flu" or the real thing lol but not feeling great and very nauseous. Spent most of the day in bed, so besides my am meal I've had broth to get some sodium in me. Tomorrow is a new day. However I am incredibly proud I didn't give in and have some toast :smile:

I hope you'll better very soon
    Yes tomorrow is a new day

What is carb flu??

Induction Flu: Headache, Lethargy, Nausea, Confusion / Brain Fog, Irritability. The most common side effect on low carb is what most people experience during the first week, often during days 2-4. The “induction flu”, so called as it can mimic flu-like symptoms.

https://www.dietdoctor.com/low-carb/side-effects
  • treehugnmama
    Options
    gorilita wrote: »
    Good question thm! I plan on starting my days the same time as during the week so I can follow the same meal schedule. I can take a nap later if I want to. I already have my workouts planned but that part is never an issue. I have a 32oz bottle I am going to attach myself to. I plan on having 3 of those throughout the day. Sunday I am shopping and cooking for the following week. That's the plan! :-)

good plan...ya i don't seem to drink my water on the weekend good idea I think I will do the same. I like the idea of getting g up at the same time too good plan!. I'm at the arena with my son so I'm usually up early but sleep in maybe an hour. let's crush this weekend :smile:
  • Shadowmf023
    Shadowmf023 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Haven't checked in here in a while - haven't made much progress.

But I finally have something to report... Even if it is a NSV.

Yesterday my gym hosted a fitness challenge. The time limit on the challenge is 10 minutes to complete all the exercises - without rest.

I finished it in 8 minutes exactly.

And then I got slightly crazy and went for a second go - which scored me an entire minute improvement on my time (and a few crazy looks from other members - because they're all falling down on the floor after and here I am doing it again LOL) putting my time at 7 minutes, which is the average for the gym's top athletes to complete the challenge. :tongue:

My legs were cramping all night last night, but I'm happy. :mrgreen:
  • treehugnmama
    Options
    yay shadow!! that is fantastic...you are making progress!! I find a hot Epson salt bath helps sometimes. I have restless legs so I feel your pain. swimming also helps me alot with my calf...don't know why.

my legs were/are so cramps today too. I hate it I will have to wear compression socks today to get them ready for skating tonight....I'm quite the sight on the ice lol...but it's so hard I have to be getting a great burn :smile:
  • Shadowmf023
    Options
    yay shadow!! that is fantastic...you are making progress!! I find a hot Epson salt bath helps sometimes. I have restless legs so I feel your pain. swimming also helps me alot with my calf...don't know why.

my legs were/are so cramps today too. I hate it I will have to wear compression socks today to get them ready for skating tonight....I'm quite the sight on the ice lol...but it's so hard I have to be getting a great burn :smile:

Tonight I'll be adding some epsom salts and some pink himalayan salt crystals to my bath water. I've also been taking Mag Phos tissue salts during the day. Not much more I can do sadly, they'll just have to recover on their own.

I've tried ice skating before...yeah no. Lol I'll stick to walking because I sucked :lol:

I've not been making progress scale wise. In fact I've gained weight. And haven't lost inches either. Things in the weight room, as far as strength is concerned, is also moving really slowly. Oh well. At least this challenge renewed my motivation. :)

Thing is - I need carbs to be able to progress with my lifts, even if it is slowly. But the carbs are making my blood sugar do summersaults. I've added some herbal medicine to control blood sugar. Because while I love having more explosive lifts, the constant cravings kinda suck. Lol.
  • MoonKat7
    Options

I used to have a lot of cramps. My practitioner gave me magnisum and since then I didn't have cramps. Check with your doctor first if you're planning to take it.
  • MoonKat7
    Options

Tonight I'll be adding some epsom salts and some pink himalayan salt crystals to my bath water. I've also been taking Mag Phos tissue salts during the day. Not much more I can do sadly, they'll just have to recover on their own.

I've tried ice skating before...yeah no. Lol I'll stick to walking because I sucked :lol:

I've not been making progress scale wise. In fact I've gained weight. And haven't lost inches either. Things in the weight room, as far as strength is concerned, is also moving really slowly. Oh well. At least this challenge renewed my motivation. :)

Thing is - I need carbs to be able to progress with my lifts, even if it is slowly. But the carbs are making my blood sugar do summersaults. I've added some herbal medicine to control blood sugar. Because while I love having more explosive lifts, the constant cravings kinda suck. Lol.

Great job on the challenge.
    You can't have carbs not even pre and/or post workout?
  • MoonKat7
    Options
    Last night in Arizona. I've weighted today. I've lost some weight but the fact my food wasn't gluten free so the allergy makes me look fat. I think I lost some muscles. My injured arm feels better as it was resting but really let's see how it will feel at the gym.

It's been really quite here even from my side. By nov 1st I want to know who still on board.

Starting nov 1st each day we will post our water intake and carbs intake. Or do you prefer cals, macros and water?
  • Shadowmf023
    Options

I have them both pre and post workout. But they still increase cravings. Although I'm also having some issues with fatigue (which is a problem of another nature that I'm still trying to figure out), it may be because of that as well. Working out could be putting more stress on an already tired body, and so it's seeking quick energy sources. That's one of my theories anyway.
  • MoonKat7
    Options

I have them both pre and post workout. But they still increase cravings. Although I'm also having some issues with fatigue (which is a problem of another nature that I'm still trying to figure out), it may be because of that as well. Working out could be putting more stress on an already tired body, and so it's seeking quick energy sources. That's one of my theories anyway.

Well the body crave carbs and simple sugar when it's tired so your theory might be right.
    Are you sleeping enough?
  • MoonKat7
    Options
  • MoonKat7
    Options
    I start seeing Christmas stuff everywhere in stores so we have 2 months let's focus on our goals.
    iw18nwnjcdbf.jpg
  • Shadowmf023
    Options

Well the body crave carbs and simple sugar when it's tired so your theory might be right.
    Are you sleeping enough?

I am yes. But still tired all the time. I've tried a few things to see if I can remedy it. But none have worked so far.

I am currently adding plenty of nutrient dense foods to my diet in an effort to seriously bump up my nutrition. Also added B-complex vitamins. Haven't seen much improvement yet, but it's too soon to tell I think. I'll reevaluate in a few weeks.

As for the carb cravings, I'm currently taking an herbal supplement called Manna. It's active ingredient is Honey Mesquite. The product slows down the release of glucose in the blood stream, basically lowering the GI of foods. It has really helped my cravings so far. It reduces that 'urgency' of needing something NOW. So I'm good with that for now. Whatever helps is great.