TEAM SIX

Replies

• scrapbookingtm
    scrapbookingtm Posts: 1,916 Member
    edited November 2016
    Was reading on some other team pages, not to snoop or anything, just because the new post notification on each page was bothering me. Lol! Anyways, something that caught my eye was people saying that it is impossible or dishonest to count 1000 minutes a week, and that they think people aren't distinguishing normal physical activity from exercise correctly. As someone who has logged 1,000 + minutes to this challenge, I must say that I am not counting my daily chores or usual physical activity. I am only counting actual exercise that I put my heart rate monitor on to make sure I don't over exert myself and to track my calories more acurately. The only time that my heart rate monitor isn't on is for activities like walking through the neighborhood or mall with my family, which we do frequently. And then, I don't even count the whole time as there are usually stops along the way. I just wanted to let y'all know that I am on the up and up, just like I know our whole team is regarding this. When I see others post big numbers, I think, "What an awesome day for them!" Not, "There's no way they actually exercised that long. They must be lying."
    Sorry this is long. That post just struck a nerve with me I guess, and "talking" this out with y'all will help me get past it.
    Hope y'all are rocking your Wednesday!!!! Go Team 6!

It probably is impossible for a lot of people to put in that much time. If you work 8 hours a day, commute, have a family to take care of, church or volunteer hours, etc.... then there is not enough time in the day (let alone the energy) Everyone is at different places in their lives and their health journey. You are a wonderful person to think the best of others. Not everyone is as positive as you. All we can do is our best. Have a great day!

ETA - 3/5 days of Radio T..... :smile: can't remember how to spell it!
    squats done
    2 days no snacking
    today is a rest day from cardio for me.
  • Rigibann
    Rigibann Posts: 3,663 Member
    Yes, I am one of those unfortunate ones with not enough hours in the day to do the amount of exercise I would love to do. I need to win the lottery so that I could give up work lol. You lucky ones, keep on going and enjoy!
  • Rigibann
    Squats 60/140

Radio tasio done and stretching exercises to video again - so pretty!
  • SylviazSpirit
    SylviazSpirit Posts: 694 Member
    I hope no one thinks I was questioning them on my post the other day. I was geniunely trying to get ideas on how to contribute more since I'm new to the challenge. :smile: And I was really thankful for the helpful responses. While I'm not sure how many more minutes I will be able to get, it did prompt me to sit down and make a schedule. That in turn made me get up earlier today and I have been way more active!! And I feel more accomplished and productive. I got my house spick and span and floors mopped and plans for more tomorrow and I crushed 2 workouts and squats already (though they weren't extremely long) and will get in my usual hour here in a little while. So, like I say, you all are pushing me to be better and I love that. Like @scrapbookingtm I agree, everyone is at a different place, our lives are different and I love that, it's what makes the challenge so interesting and fun. And what made me push harder, rethink and plan so I could try to be a bit more active too! :smile:
  • day three of 5 of Radio tasio done
  • TrkyVic0327
    TrkyVic0327 Posts: 1,938 Member
    Thank you team! Reading all your responses and messages has gotten me out of my funk over this. :smile: We are all different people with different lives! This challenge has helped me be more active than I used to be by a lot! And I am grateful for that! And for all of you!
    I took a rest day yesterday to get away from it all and am back in it today fresh and reenergized! I'm still on track to complete all the challenges.

Go Team 6!
  • ShansGotGoals
    ShansGotGoals Posts: 928 Member
    edited November 2016
    Hi guys! Just stopping in quick to let you know I am alive, barely last night was the longest night ever between my own softball game and the World Series!! What a game!! I'm here and doing my tasks! I promise I will try and get the SS updated at some point today. My squats will be finished today! Loving the radio vids!

I'm not quite sure what I may have missed with the exercise minutes being in question. That is ridiculous! People should just worry about themselves! But if anybody has questions about my minutes please feel free to ask me. I am in several challenges so it helps with my minutes. I also don't believe that it benefits ANYBODY to lie or embellish on those minutes. I think everyone is doing amazing and as long as your doing what you can that's all that matters. Yes we are a team - An amazing team at that- and of course you want to win! But in the end it is about you and your health! We are all here to help and support each other! Let's not tear each other down! Life is too short!

@GrandmaJackie - Freaking LOVE that quote!!

Go Team Awesome (6)!
  • Rigibann
    90/140 - looking good for this week's challenges
  • shauna30
    shauna30 Posts: 741 Member
    Rigibann wrote: »
    90/140 - looking good for this week's challenges

I'm so proud of you! Hamstring injuries are a big challenge. You are doing amazing!
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,796 Member
    bloveless wrote: »
    I have 3 of my very active grandsons visiting for a couple days. Their dad just finished serving 5 years in the Navy and now they're on their way to Richland, Washington. I was able to take a half day off work and we extended Halloween. We leased our field out to a friend who grew pumpkins and then let families come and walk through the 3 acres of pumpkins. There were a few (probably 100 or so still in the field) that the boys got to choose from and now they're all carved, lit and being displayed on the front porch. FUN TIMES! Good job everyone!

Sounds like special times!
  • day 4 of radio done
  • TrkyVic0327
    125/140 sumo squats
    Should finish that challenge tomorrow.

I really have been enjoying the radio videos! I think I will also start adding these to my days!
  • watersm04
    watersm04 Posts: 190 Member
    Hi everyone, finished the squats, staying within my calories and working on the radio taiso. Thurs was my rest day but I'm back at it today. It's a beautiful fall day. Just took the dog for a walk in the forest. The colours are amazing! Hope everyone has a great weekend!!
  • GrandmaJackie
    Outstanding job, everyone with this week's challenge. Today I'm finishing up on all the challenges.

Tomorrow we're going to kidnap the grandkids and take them to the discovery museum so I'm going to use that as my rest day, :smiley:
  • TrkyVic0327
    Well, did a workout for another group and made the squats sumo to count the rest of my squats to finish the challenge! 165/140. :) One more day of the videos and staying under calories! Let's finish the week strong, Team 6!
  • TrkyVic0327
    Oh wait, the calorie challenge is only for five days, not 7. For some reason I had all week stuck in my head. Probably from another challenge. Then, I only have to do the radio videos one more day then! Woot! Woot! :D
  • GrandmaJackie
    Oh wait, the calorie challenge is only for five days, not 7. For some reason I had all week stuck in my head. Probably from another challenge. Then, I only have to do the radio videos one more day then! Woot! Woot! :D

We can do this, yay!!!!!!