Before Christmas 2016

Options

Replies

• madisons_mummy
    madisons_mummy Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I'm going to buy a new scale that measures body Fat %age, muscle mass etc. I'm looking at the Garmin index smart scale if anyone has one?
  • treehugnmama
    treehugnmama Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I was looking at the withings one for christmas but my withings tracker has been acting up so not sure
  • MoonKat7
    MoonKat7 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
  • MoonKat7
    Options
    I have this. Bought it from Costco and this what you usually use at the gyms. Not 100% accurate, the reading will be different depending on how much water in your body and if you ate anything before using it.
    I use it as a guideline, body measurements are better.

tonv7je7hbek.png
  • treehugnmama
    edited November 2016
    Options
    so I'm going to crush this week....who is coming with me?

I'm finally through my super long stall and lost 2.2 pounds of new weight loss this week. yay so close to 60 pounds I can taste it!!

goals this week:

drink 3 containers of water
    work out 6 times 3 farmers walks
    no wheat...I repeat no wheat if you see it in my diary call me on it...just be nice:)

this last one is hard we have a mini gym at work and I am going to go down and check it out and make a plan to start using it. I'm so intimidated due to it being Co workers! no one would be mean to me. I still have 80 to 90 pounds to go and am self conciousness about that. I'm just going to do it.

I've been so focused on Christmas as a fitness goal I haven't done any shopping g or prepping lol...good and bad...Kids would say bad! better balance that.

this thread helped me get through my stall so thank you ladies!!!!

off to download merry fitness.
  • MoonKat7
    Options
    so I'm going to crush this week....who is coming with me?

I'm finally through my super long stall and lost 2.2 pounds of new weight loss this week. yay so close to 60 pounds I can taste it!!

goals this week:

drink 3 containers of water
    work out 6 times 3 farmers walks
    no wheat...I repeat no wheat if you see it in my diary call me on it...just be nice:)

this last one is hard we have a mini gym at work and I am going to go down and check it out and make a plan to start using it. I'm so intimidated due to it being Co workers! no one would be mean to me. I still have 80 to 90 pounds to go and am self conciousness about that. I'm just going to do it.

I've been so focused on Christmas as a fitness goal I haven't done any shopping g or prepping lol...good and bad...Kids would say bad! better balance that.

this thread helped me get through my stall so thank you ladies!!!!

off to download merry fitness.

Let's do this!
  • gorilita
    gorilita Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Today I had my weigh out for the challenge i entered at my gym. I wasn't even close to my goal weight but I lost almost 13lb and I am happy with that (note me saying almost 13lb rather than 12lb and change). I think I finally figured out MY formula and what works for me. Late into the challenge but I found it. I am a lot stronger, especially in my legs. My hasband says I have legs like Camille Leblanc-basinet (he is a keeper). I am going to continue eating low carb but I am getting off of keto starting tomorrow. Bit scary but I have a plan so keep your fingers crossed.
  • treehugnmama
    Options
    gorilita so glad you found what is working for you! almost 13 pounds is awesome. I'd take it :smiley:

I made a goal to go down to my work gym and I did yesterday and nobody was in there... it was 30 minutes before quiting tine but still. they had lots of free weigjts, a treadmill,bike,eliltical,rower and what I was really interested in was 3 weight machines one was a legpress dont know what the other two are called. so part b is too come up with a plan. I hike at lunch so unless it's raining not too interested in cardio.

any tips on starting with the weight machines?

ps I skipped hubby's bday cake yesterday...well a had a bite instead of a piece.
  • MoonKat7
    Options
    gorilita wrote: »
    Today I had my weigh out for the challenge i entered at my gym. I wasn't even close to my goal weight but I lost almost 13lb and I am happy with that (note me saying almost 13lb rather than 12lb and change). I think I finally figured out MY formula and what works for me. Late into the challenge but I found it. I am a lot stronger, especially in my legs. My hasband says I have legs like Camille Leblanc-basinet (he is a keeper). I am going to continue eating low carb but I am getting off of keto starting tomorrow. Bit scary but I have a plan so keep your fingers crossed.

Congrats on weight loss and most important finding the right formula that works for you.

If you count net carb you'll be in keto. If you just count low carb as is you won't be in keto. ;)
  • MoonKat7
    Options
    gorilita so glad you found what is working for you! almost 13 pounds is awesome. I'd take it :smiley:

I made a goal to go down to my work gym and I did yesterday and nobody was in there... it was 30 minutes before quiting tine but still. they had lots of free weigjts, a treadmill,bike,eliltical,rower and what I was really interested in was 3 weight machines one was a legpress dont know what the other two are called. so part b is too come up with a plan. I hike at lunch so unless it's raining not too interested in cardio.

any tips on starting with the weight machines?

ps I skipped hubby's bday cake yesterday...well a had a bite instead of a piece.

Sweet. What type of bike? Is it the race type? I recommend bike it will help you lose weight in the lower body.

Leg press is good just don't over load it and don't lock the knees. Watch videos on YouTube first.
    Find out the names of the other 2 machines.
  • MoonKat7
    Options
    Ah Epsom salt. Feels good :)
  • treehugnmama
    edited November 2016
    Options
    thanks Moonkat I will find out the names. tomorrow have working lunch :angry: so I'll check it out next week..and take the bike for a spin!
  • gorilita
    gorilita Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was a good day all in all. I was under my calorie goal. Macros as follows:
    94g fat
    32g carbs
    99g protein
    Had a killer workout with my trainer. I woke up in the middle of the night and couldn't go back to sleep. My muscles felt on fire from the workout. I am going to pay for it today.
  • MoonKat7
    Options
    thanks Moonkat I will find out the names. tomorrow have working lunch :angry: so I'll check it out next week..and take the bike for a spin!

It's been a long time since the first time I did leg press. I would advice to use the machine without adding weights as you might find it heavy as a first time. ;)
  • treehugnmama
    Options
    working lunch today...I took the inner off the sandwich and tossed the bun I didn't even look at tje desserts....good day. I will try leg press without weight.

gortilitA great day!
  • treehugnmama
    Options
    is everyone all set for the weekend? plans in place? food prep?

I had a killer hike today carrying weighted pack with lots of hills.........wait for it then I ate two cheeseburgers from mcdonalds for dinner ....was out with family and I didn't plan well.

I've moved on food prep tomorrow and skating!

looking.forward to measuring soon. I looked at my comparison face pic and can see a difference....yay!!
  • MoonKat7
    Options
    is everyone all set for the weekend? plans in place? food prep?

I had a killer hike today carrying weighted pack with lots of hills.........wait for it then I ate two cheeseburgers from mcdonalds for dinner ....was out with family and I didn't plan well.

I've moved on food prep tomorrow and skating!

looking.forward to measuring soon. I looked at my comparison face pic and can see a difference....yay!!

My food plan is good but today my carbs are high bec I ate a banana. Oh well ...
  • treehugnmama
    Options
    I had a better day today food good....but only a small walk. trying to get out of skating as I'm so tired but know I should go!!
  • MoonKat7
    Options
    Down 1.8 lbs though today was a bad day food wise. High carb day. I had a training day at the head office without break so about 6 hours no food.
  • treehugnmama
    Options
    MoonKat7 wrote: »
    Down 1.8 lbs though today was a bad day food wise. High carb day. I had a training day at the head office without break so about 6 hours no food.

nice loss moonkat!! that is fantastic!