TEAM SIX

Replies

• watersm04
    watersm04 Posts: 190 Member
    Hi everyone! Haven't posted alot but have been working on the challenges. I've got 3 of 4 miles done. For some reason KM's seem easier ... :) Wow, what beautiful pictures @scrapbookingtm and @grandmajackie.
    I'll work on the videos tomorrow. Am on track for staying within calories.

Tomorrow will be a sad day for us as we have to say goodbye to our 20yr old cat. She's been a part of the family since the kids were little and has survived 3 dogs! It's a tough decision to make but its the right one, we don't want to see her suffer. Hug your pets...they're the best!
  • shauna30
    shauna30 Posts: 741 Member
    I'm so sorry about your cat @watersm04 We had to do the same with our cat of 18 years a while ago. All of my children grew up with him and we all still miss him.
    My walking will be done tomorrow. I ran 4 miles the first day and walked 3 the next day. Neither fill the challenge but tomorrow I'm going on a 10 mile run and that will do it.
    I love hearing about your determination everyone! @akmomof7 your life is quite an adventure!
  • scrapbookingtm
    scrapbookingtm Posts: 1,916 Member
    edited November 2016
    watersm04 wrote: »
    Hi everyone! Haven't posted alot but have been working on the challenges. I've got 3 of 4 miles done. For some reason KM's seem easier ... :) Wow, what beautiful pictures @scrapbookingtm and @grandmajackie.
    I'll work on the videos tomorrow. Am on track for staying within calories.

Tomorrow will be a sad day for us as we have to say goodbye to our 20yr old cat. She's been a part of the family since the kids were little and has survived 3 dogs! It's a tough decision to make but its the right one, we don't want to see her suffer. Hug your pets...they're the best!

So sorry about your wonderful pet. Wow, 20 years is awesome.

Everyone make a good effort to get everything done that you can. We are actually tied for first place at the moment! Yay!
  • Maalea
    Maalea Posts: 15,998 Member
    Hi all, just a quick update to let you know that I am still here!
    I spent the week mostly in bed due to bronchitis, but I hope that I can get up tomorrow. I need to get some groceries and go to the pharmacy.
    I am sorry, but I don't think I will be able to do all this week's challenges :(
  • akmomof7
    akmomof7 Posts: 162 Member
    I finished off my workouts for the week, I tend to not do any formal exercise over the weekend. I will finish off challenge #3 tonight, and be back to working out on Monday. I hope ya'll have a great weekend!
  • I have finished all the challenges for this week here are few pics from my walks this week, I am jealous of you guys who live in mountainous ares (just a little because I wouldn't like the snow :wink: )
    Tuesday's walk 2.44 miles rucr3yex0tlh.jpg

Thursday's walk 3.63 miles
    fd4fuyxkbhw8.jpg

• karinidowu
    karinidowu Posts: 327 Member
    Hello All! I finished the videos in challenge 2. Completed 2x's each. My hubby was out of town for 3 days and I have two little girls with me. I completed Hawaiian videos with one of them doing them with me. I started coming down with a cold/flu last night. I can't seem to get warm and I have the chills and I was going to go for 4 mile walk today. I am achy all over. I will rest some see if I can still manage my walk. At least get some fresh air. 2 miles today and 2 miles tomorrow I am hoping for!

• ShansGotGoals
    ShansGotGoals Posts: 928 Member
    I have all the challenges completed. Well I did the 8 mile running b/c I didn't think I would be hiking and walking just bores me! However a group of friends wants to go hiking tomorrow so I will have that challenge done as it was meant to be tomorrow, hopefully!
  • starjam25
    starjam25 Posts: 4,661 Member
    Hi all. I'm a newbie and today is my first time to post onto the challenges. I know I read somewhere the requirements for the miles, but can someone maybe tell me here how to do it. I went ahead and added what I think I'm supposed to but I could use some verification. Thanks for the help!

Was on vacation last week, but from now on, I'll be more active!! So excited!
  • shauna30
    shauna30 Posts: 741 Member
    starjam25 wrote: »
    Hi all. I'm a newbie and today is my first time to post onto the challenges. I know I read somewhere the requirements for the miles, but can someone maybe tell me here how to do it. I went ahead and added what I think I'm supposed to but I could use some verification. Thanks for the help!

Was on vacation last week, but from now on, I'll be more active!! So excited!
    I looked at the spreadsheet and it looks like you've got things figured out just fine. The requirements for the miles are any activity beyond your normal routine. Vigorous cleaning could count but walking from your car to the grocery store doesn't.
    We are happy to have you!
  • TrkyVic0327
    TrkyVic0327 Posts: 1,929 Member
    Whew! What a week! Sorry I've been so silent. But, I was movin' and groovin' and getting the challenges in. I finished the hike yesterday and the calorie one on Friday, that one wasn't difficult for me. I just need to do the videos again today, and I'll have all the challenges completed. Yesterday was a L-O-N-G day for me with a hike in the morning and in the evening and Christmas present shopping in between. I was sure to count only the walking parts and not the looking in stores and waiting in line parts. Almost finished Christmas shopping too! So excited to start wrapping! :smiley:

Today is going to be another day for good activity numbers as we are overhaul cleaning our living room, kitchen, and maybe basement in preparation for some new furniture and electronics to be delivered tomorrow. I'm always excited for new things, so working to get the area ready tends to be fun with the anticipation.

Going to get in those videos before my family wakes up!

Happy Sunday!
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,629 Member
    Outstanding job getting the challenges complete! This last week was super long for me having my Colonoscopy Wednesday. On the bright side, I just need to adjust my diet to get more fiber in my diet.
  • TrkyVic0327
    TrkyVic0327 Posts: 1,929 Member
    And videos done!

@GrandmaJackie I hope you are recovering from your colonoscopy nicely!

To all those under the weather this week, just do what you can and focus on getting yourselves healthy for next week. And be sure to give yourself credit for what you did do before 9 pm Pacific time tonight on the spreadsheet! Come on Team 6! I think we can do better than last week! :smiley:

I am off to go workout and do some more lifting of furniture and taking heavy boxes to the curb for trash!

Let'a finish Sunday strong!!!!

~ Vicki
  • bloveless
    bloveless Posts: 34 Member
    Walked my last mile with about a 30 mile wind pushing me down the lane, ha!ha! By the time I finished it was just starting to rain. This has been a fun challenge and am looking forward to our next destination! Thanks to all who work so hard putting it all together :)
  • ShansGotGoals
    ShansGotGoals Posts: 928 Member
    Sorry guys no hike for me today! I have an earache and am unable to keep food down again!! UGHHH! So no minutes for today but I did run the miles so I can get credit for the challenge.

I hope everyone has had an awesome wknd!!

• GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,629 Member
    Sorry guys no hike for me today! I have an earache and am unable to keep food down again!! UGHHH! So no minutes for today but I did run the miles so I can get credit for the challenge.

I hope everyone has had an awesome wknd!!

Shuns, hope you feel better soon!
  • scrapbookingtm
    scrapbookingtm Posts: 1,916 Member
    Go team six! Hoping to see some of those empty spaces filled in :smile:
  • hawkins410
    hawkins410 Posts: 2,105 Member
    AMAZING RACE PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT!
    THIS WEEK'S DESTINATION IS STILL BEING WORKED ON.
    WE WILL LET YOU KNOW WHEN IT IS READY.
    THE SPREADSHEET WILL BE UP SOMETIME TOMORROW. NO GUARANTEE OF WHEN.
    IN THE MEANTIME, JUST STAY ACTIVE! <3
  • hawkins410
    hawkins410 Posts: 2,105 Member
    WEEK SIX DESTINATION IS UP! :)
  • MissionEnforcer
    MissionEnforcer Posts: 411 Member
    edited November 2016
    WEEK 6 SPREADSHEET IS UP! >:)