What does your low carb meals look like??

Options

Replies

• cstehansen
    cstehansen Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    idocdlw wrote: »
    clawson91 wrote: »
    6zthsc7uxs5b.jpg

Taco meat over cauliflower rice, a few onion and peppers and topped with cheese and sour cream. I had planned on avocado as well but I forgot it! Still a very filling meal!

Everytime I have tried cauliflower rice, I hated it, but this looks like something I could love! Thanks for sharing. :smiley:

Cauliflower doesn't have much flavor on its own, so how you pair it is key. I agree that this looks like a good pairing.
  • clawson91
    clawson91 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    @cstehansen @idocdlw Thank you both!! I love to play with recipes.
    I saute my cauliflower rice in olive oil (or sesame oil if I making a stir fry) with a couple tablespoons of onion and bell pepper and then salt and pepper it all. If it is cooked slowly the flavor is better. I can eat it like that with melted cheese or top with taco meat, spaghetti sauce, chili, polish sausage, grilled chicken, etc. I've even made "potato" cakes with it.
  • Sweetiepiestef
    Sweetiepiestef Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    ectsmne82xl2.jpg

This was my lunch like one hour ago :) IT is simple but delicious! I used 1 whole can of Tuna/1 mayo packet(2 could be added for more fat) / a tiny bit of Mild Salsa/and half an avocado.
  • MKknits
    MKknits Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I didn't take a picture because I ate it too fast. But I just stumbled on another quick easy meal for myself.

Our local grocery store carries a organic grass fed version of steak-ums (so the thin sheets of frozen beef). Only ingredient on the back is grass-fed beef. So I cooked up about 1/4 of a yellow onion (62 grams), and 85 grams of mushrooms in 1tbsp of butter then added 2 servings of the frozen beef, seasoned with garlic salt and pepper. Cooked it all up in my iron skillet and put it in a bowl (scraped all the crunchy beef bits off) then topped with 1 oz of a shredded cheddar blend. So good, and pretty decent on my macros (38 g fat, 8g carbs, 21 protein) - probably not a meal I would eat on a day that my carbs are higher, but a good quick meal for lower carb days and I can up the fat and protein easy by adding more beef. Mmmm I bet it would be good over spinach like a steak and cheese salad.
  • LolaDeeDaisy23
    LolaDeeDaisy23 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Hawaiian barbecue isn't really known to be low carb, but it can be! Below is the "Atkins Mini" instead of salad, i ask for all cabbage. It comes with Bbq chicken thighs, BBQ beef, and an egg. I usually trade my BBQ fhxmb611tn1s.jpg
    beef for hubbys bbq chicken (less carbs). This plate is about 15g carbs.
  • Rainqueen77
    Rainqueen77 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    MKknits wrote: »
    I didn't take a picture because I ate it too fast. But I just stumbled on another quick easy meal for myself.

Our local grocery store carries a organic grass fed version of steak-ums (so the thin sheets of frozen beef). Only ingredient on the back is grass-fed beef. So I cooked up about 1/4 of a yellow onion (62 grams), and 85 grams of mushrooms in 1tbsp of butter then added 2 servings of the frozen beef, seasoned with garlic salt and pepper. Cooked it all up in my iron skillet and put it in a bowl (scraped all the crunchy beef bits off) then topped with 1 oz of a shredded cheddar blend. So good, and pretty decent on my macros (38 g fat, 8g carbs, 21 protein) - probably not a meal I would eat on a day that my carbs are higher, but a good quick meal for lower carb days and I can up the fat and protein easy by adding more beef. Mmmm I bet it would be good over spinach like a steak and cheese salad.

OOh I was just saying I wanted steak and cheese!
  • magpiejen
    magpiejen Posts: 5 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Broiled salmon with Moroccan Vegetable Tagine
    ay2kgae1q9zr.jpg
  • magpiejen
    magpiejen Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hmmm. I can't figure out how to post the picture. Trust me, it was yummy!
  • MKknits
    Options
    A modified crack slaw (how did I run out of sirracha). Made with pulled pork (no BBQ sauce). So good. I made some for lunch too.
  • Sweetiepiestef
    Sweetiepiestef Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    w33nn67mork8.jpg

I call it Pepperoni Flower lol my lazy meal tonight but was goooddddddd!
  • jasperdog52554
    jasperdog52554 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    esaucier17 wrote: »
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »
    Halloumi is a fresh cheese.

And you can fry it? Sounds amazing....I love cheese! I'll have to look for this type.

I have also seen it in the domestic cheese area, it was called "grilling cheese." Maybe not exactly the same, but Very similar.
  • Abm4n
    Abm4n Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Low carb chilli
  • idocdlw
    idocdlw Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    clawson91 wrote: »
    myxmsxuar50f.jpg

Mixed a cup of melted coconut oil and a cup of softened butter in the blender and froze in ice cube tray which conviently holds 2 tbsp and froze so I can have my bullet proof coffee while away for Thanksgiving! :smile:

Great idea...I will be stealing it for a Christmas trip to my sisters. Thanks for posting!
  • cstehansen
    cstehansen Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Bacon wrapped salmon filet on asparagus. The asparagus got a bit crispier than intended, but it was good.
    vskzam540v0p.jpg
  • clawson91
    clawson91 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I'm not normally a smoothie person but haven't been feeling well and didn't think my tummy could handle BPC today. Googled low carb smoothies and found this. The link to this Salted Caramel Smoothie and more is below. 74np6093ue8f.jpg

http://www.wickedstuffed.com/keto-recipes/low-carb-smoothies-shakes-with-5-net-carbs-or-less/
  • MKknits
    Options
    Craving pizza so I whipped this up in the microwave...a pizza bowl. 1/4 cup sugar free pizza sauce, 1 cheese and garlic sausage cut up, 1/2 cup cheese, 30 grams nitrate free pepperoni and some oregano and garlic powder layered in a bowl and microwaved until the edges were crunchy....delicious!
  • idocdlw
    idocdlw Posts: 208 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Sorry no pic...I gobbled it up too fast! I only cooked two thighs and guessed at the proportions, but it was delicious! I do soak my chicken in a salt brine for 24 hrs prior...do this for all chicken dishes.

DANA'S PARMESAN DEVILED CHICKEN
    1 tablespoon oil
    1 clove garlic, minced
    1/4 cup spicy brown or Dijon mustard *
    2 tablespoons dry white wine
    3/4 cup parmesan cheese, the kind in a green can (3 ounces)
    1 teaspoon paprika
    1/4 teaspoon cayenne
    8 chicken thighs, bone-in and skin on *
    Salt, to taste

Combine the oil and garlic in a pie plate. Let stand about 5 minutes. Add the mustard and wine to the oil. In another pie plate, mix the parmesan cheese, paprika and cayenne. Coat the chicken with the mustard mixture then coat well with the parmesan cheese mixture on all sides. Place the chicken in a non-stick foil-lined 9x13" baking pan and sprinkle any remaining parmesan cheese mixture over each piece of chicken. Bake at 350º 75-90 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the coating is golden brown. My boneless chicken thighs took 60 minutes.

Makes 8 servings
    Can be frozen but coating will turn soft
  • fuelednfit
    fuelednfit Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I'll try to add a picture later but this is one other Tunisian recipe easily adaptable to low carb . It's a desert. We could say it's close to a fat bomb

Zrir
    200g butter melted
    200g hazelnut (butter)
    100g sesame seeds
    Honey to taste in original recipe but I skipped it you might substitute with you sweetener of choice.

I grilled the hazelnut and sesame seeds. I used my food processor and grinded them separately until it becomes a smooth nut butter texture. In a sauce pan I melted butter you can add your sweetener there and add the hazelnut and sesame seed, mix constantly until bubbles form at the surface. Pour in small container and refrigerate. I take them out of the refrigerator 15min before eating then for a smoother texture.