TEAM ONE

Options

Replies

• Grandmaelf2008
    Grandmaelf2008 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I did 2.5k today after work. And let me tell you it was COLD!!!! @MissionEnforcer
  • 120maggie
    120maggie Posts: 4,964 Member
    Options
    THANK YOU team one!!!! What great birthday wishes! Love the dog pic @katharmonic and the family pics @TamiJo1004, plus all the good vibes from everyone. I can't believe we pulled off a first! Some of you had some really high numbers. @GSXRGIRL61 great job maxing out your minutes! Sounds like we have a great start to NY!
  • CKS0806
    CKS0806 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    @120maggie - Happy Bday to you
  • celtikgirl
    celtikgirl Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    @aenglehardt347 on the topic of wine jelly - I make it out of whatever I feel like at the moment... I was at Bully Hill Winery back in June and picked up an assortment from there - Ol' Mischief and Love My Goat Red both made good grown up PB&J jelly, LeGoat is a blush that is light and will be amazing with cheese and crackers. In the past I have used everything from Port, to Champagne, to Barefoot Moscato.

Just because it sounded interesting, I tried making some whiskey jelly as well - Bourbon & Ginger turned out good, but Fireball Whiskey turned out even better! On a side note, boiling down a fifth of bourbon in your kitchen will pique the interest of your neighbors.
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    Good morning, team. Love all the wonderful thankful posts.

I'm at the airport, ready to head out. Despite over 20 inches of snow, things seem to be operating on time so hopefully I'll get to Iowa early this afternoon. There's a lot of food and drink on my agenda so I will have to make a real effort to also get some minutes of exercise in!

@celtikgirl - whiskey jelly sounds, um interesting? I don't know about that one. I'm going to try making homemade Bailey's Irish Creme this week for my holiday festivities! Every time someone in the family tries to discuss politics, I'm taking a shot. :smiley:
  • TamiJo1004
    TamiJo1004 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    @celtikgirl the jelly sounds fabulous!
    @katharmonic Safe travels!
    @wolvinnetje Good laugh this morning!
    @mamaelf2008 You give me hope if I can just make it through the teen years!
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,396 Member
    Options
    @wolvinnetje -that's great! And I do NOT participate in Black Friday. Just the thought makes me twitch!

@katharmonic -safe travels! My mom lived in Iowa and my stepfather is still there. What part are you going to? The drinking sounds like a great way to handle political discussions!

My opponent no-showed today so no match. Now it's gonna have to wait until I get back. Grrr. At least our pro isn't making either of us forfeit.
  • BakerRunnerBadass
    BakerRunnerBadass Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    Hi team, sorry so quiet, just busy here and a bit overwhelmed at the moment!

Happy belated Birthday @120maggie!!!

My Thankful Post:
    I am so utterly thankful and blessed to have such an amazing group of friends and extended family. I have always known what great people we have in our life, but since my husband started dialysis last year we have had so much love and support, I don't know how I would have made it through the last year and a half if it was not for all of them. I am also thankful for a wonderful job that allows us to continue to live our lives comfortably even though he is unable to work right now.
  • Vowder
    Vowder Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I did my thankful post but...

This is what I am thankful for.

A great day with wife and friends hiking the White Tank mountains while on holidays and logging another 120 minutes while at it!
    q681y5z0a5u4.jpg
  • TamiJo1004
    Options
    Vowder wrote: »
    I did my thankful post but...

This is what I am thankful for.

A great day with wife and friends hiking the White Tank mountains while on holidays and logging another 120 minutes while at it!
    q681y5z0a5u4.jpg

@Vowder Sounds like a good trip! What beautiful scenery!
  • TamiJo1004
    Options
    ka97 wrote: »
    I am thankful that @hawkins410 is not making us dance this week

@ka97 Yeah were probably lucky we don't have to dance like a rockette!
  • ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    4 mile run and upperbody lifting done. The weather forecast is looking slightly better so I'm hopeful for 6-7 miles on Thursday morning. My niece is coming over tomorrow for us to take her out for her birthday, so that will have to be a rest day. I'm planning to get in the rockette workout on Fri-Sat-Sun.

In all seriousness......I am thankful for my wonderful wife, and thankful that I live in a place where I can be who I am and marry who I love. I am thankful for a job that I love, even on the days when it exhausts me. I am thankful for my niece and nephew who keep me young. And I'm thankful that I can still run, even if it's not as much as I would like :)
  • Grandmaelf2008
    Options

sshhhhh you know she's gonna get us to do atleast 1 dance very soon!!
  • Grandmaelf2008
    Options
    another 2k done today. will finish it tomorrow indoors since we are supposed to get rain/snow. so I'm up to 4.5K @MissionEnforcer
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    Made it to Iowa - travel went smoothly today fortunately. @cardbucfan - I'm in the Iowa City area, and will be spending some time in the Quad Cities as well. Family is in central and eastern Iowa.

I didn't get many minutes today. I made a concerted effort to do some brisk airport walking and then tonight I did one set of the Rockette training and some yoga stretching. All together 30 minutes.

I should have gone for a run but the cold rain and travel fatigue made it not too appealing. But I will go running tomorrow morning - I may have to check out the local rec center where they have an indoor track if it's still rainy. I'm already feeling like my eating is out of control and it's only been 1 full day. Tomorrow I have a lunch and dinner out planned, and then of course there is Thanksgiving day. Yikes! I know it's a holiday and I can get back on track but it's making me a little anxious.
  • TamiJo1004
    Options
    Made it to Iowa - travel went smoothly today fortunately. @cardbucfan - I'm in the Iowa City area, and will be spending some time in the Quad Cities as well. Family is in central and eastern Iowa.

I didn't get many minutes today. I made a concerted effort to do some brisk airport walking and then tonight I did one set of the Rockette training and some yoga stretching. All together 30 minutes.

I should have gone for a run but the cold rain and travel fatigue made it not too appealing. But I will go running tomorrow morning - I may have to check out the local rec center where they have an indoor track if it's still rainy. I'm already feeling like my eating is out of control and it's only been 1 full day. Tomorrow I have a lunch and dinner out planned, and then of course there is Thanksgiving day. Yikes! I know it's a holiday and I can get back on track but it's making me a little anxious.

It's the holiday! Enjoy your time with family and friends don't let it stress you out! Just do the best you can and make it through. Then Friday hit the grind!
  • hawkins410
    hawkins410 Posts: 2,105 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options

sshhhhh you know she's gonna get us to do atleast 1 dance very soon!!
    SNOOPYHAPPYDANCE-vi.jpg
  • Grandmaelf2008
    Options
    Weather is cold windy and rainy. Really aggravating my knee and my sciatic. I'm going to rest today maybe and get some of the videos done tomorrow. Later I will try to do a little exercise if my body cooperates. This is the worst time of year for me. Don't mean to whine just wanted to let you know why I'm not getting the numbers in this week.