Linda (SavedByGrace) OMAD

Options

Replies

• DebSozo
    DebSozo Posts: 2,578 Member
    Options
    It doesn't seem silly at all. I think that staying in Onederland is a great motivator for you to work for-- especially since it is an achievement that you fought hard for.
  • OMADing1
    OMADing1 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    11/19/2016 - Weight 197.5
    11/12/2016 - Weight 197.5

I did not lose this week. I went to Vegas last week and ate out many times so I'm happy I didn't gain. Once I lose to 194 I will be using my new scale which is 5 pounds heavier than my old scale. The reason I'm waiting is because I don't want the new scale to show that I'm over 200 pounds. I'm in Onederland and I don't want to see that number again. It probably seems silly to some but it was a huge hurdle for me to get below 200 pounds. We have to remember that weight loss can become a mind game and I'm not going there as I have done in the past.

I wish everyone a happy and healthy Saturday !!

{{{{{ Hugs and High Fives Winner }}}}}}}} Oh you had a loss alright, you loss ANY and ALL fear and trepidation about having a BLAST and a BALL with your adorable sister in Vegas last week. To go on a beautiful vacation and not gain a LOT is a loss in my book. YAY YOU!

Ugh, a 5lb heavier scale-- :* Yeah, it's so not a silly hurdle, I understand completely. I have a scale here at home that shows an amount wayyyyy less than the one I use, and I hate that blasted thing. I got on it earlier this week and it showed me 180.0lbs >:):o>:). I could only smile and say that's my "faith" scale o:) I don't get on that one often though, because it's cazy >:) Linda, you are so right when you say this is a mind game and I admire your warrior fierceness in NOT doing a "Lot's Wife" and looking back at how/what you used to do in weight loss too. I admire you so much, you're awesome, period.
    Lastly....
    d946fd7f755534f853e841203ded0cb9.jpg

Your beautiful pic with your sister...you don't look a DAY over 40, you're doing WELL and looking fabulous--keep up the GREAT job my friend o:) !!!!
  • SavedByGrace26356
    SavedByGrace26356 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    DebSozo wrote: »
    It doesn't seem silly at all. I think that staying in Onederland is a great motivator for you to work for-- especially since it is an achievement that you fought hard for.

Thank you so much for your support. ♥
  • SavedByGrace26356
    edited November 2016
    Options
    OMADing1 wrote: »

I did not lose this week. I went to Vegas last week and ate out many times so I'm happy I didn't gain. Once I lose to 194 I will be using my new scale which is 5 pounds heavier than my old scale. The reason I'm waiting is because I don't want the new scale to show that I'm over 200 pounds. I'm in Onederland and I don't want to see that number again. It probably seems silly to some but it was a huge hurdle for me to get below 200 pounds. We have to remember that weight loss can become a mind game and I'm not going there as I have done in the past.

I wish everyone a happy and healthy Saturday !!

{{{{{ Hugs and High Fives Winner }}}}}}}} Oh you had a loss alright, you loss ANY and ALL fear and trepidation about having a BLAST and a BALL with your adorable sister in Vegas last week. To go on a beautiful vacation and not gain a LOT is a loss in my book. YAY YOU!

Ugh, a 5lb heavier scale-- :* Yeah, it's so not a silly hurdle, I understand completely. I have a scale here at home that shows an amount wayyyyy less than the one I use, and I hate that blasted thing. I got on it earlier this week and it showed me 180.0lbs >:):o>:). I could only smile and say that's my "faith" scale o:) I don't get on that one often though, because it's cazy >:) Linda, you are so right when you say this is a mind game and I admire your warrior fierceness in NOT doing a "Lot's Wife" and looking back at how/what you used to do in weight loss too. I admire you so much, you're awesome, period.
    Lastly....
    d946fd7f755534f853e841203ded0cb9.jpg

Your beautiful pic with your sister...you don't look a DAY over 40, you're doing WELL and looking fabulous--keep up the GREAT job my friend o:) !!!!

Awe....thank you. I wish I were 40. At 85 my mother didn't have wrinkles and was a beautiful woman. I have more wrinkles now than she had then. I'm blessed to have some of her genes and have good skin.

No, I certainly won't look back and turn into a pillar of salt like Lot's wife!!

My 'old' scale has to be adjusted every time I use it so I found two that I liked. One weighed me less (like your 'vanity' scale) and one weighed me more. I chose the one that weighed me more because it looks better in my bathroom Vanity, oh, vanity!!

Anyway, I probably did lose some to be the same weight today after eating that great food at those terrific restaurants in Vegas. American, Italian, and Mexican. I enjoyed myself and it's okay once in a while but it's also great to get back to reality and my normal routine. Take care Sweetie!
  • mittenswillet
    mittenswillet Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    good job this week, the same is better than a gain =)
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you managed it well!
  • OMADing1
    Options
    Just dropping in to say, THANK YOU...for nothing in particular, just for being YOU and the huge blessing you are to me and soooo many others. You warrior you!
  • SavedByGrace26356
    Options
    Hi There....I love your posts because you are so considerate, loving, and kind. They also inspire me to keep going. You have no idea how much your journey and openess has helped me. God bless..
  • DebSozo
    DebSozo Posts: 2,578 Member
    Options
    Not gaining during your vacation is a huge success. Most people put on weight.
  • Abm4n
    Abm4n Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    A week eating out in Vegas without putting on weight sounds like a great achievement! That's great self control.
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    This will be a difficult week. I willl diet most of the week but Thanksgiving, there is going to be no limits for me!
  • SavedByGrace26356
    Options
    Thanks Abm4n. Bob...Thanksgiving can be your splurge day. Have a great time!
  • SavedByGrace26356
    edited November 2016
    Options
    11/26/2016 - Weight 196.0 - Loss 1.5 pounds
    Total loss: 35.5 pounds

I didn't get to post yesterday. It was a crazy day. I have lost 1.5 pounds this past week. I didn't lose anything the last time I weighed so I'm happy with the loss. I keep thinking about the new scale I'm going to be using once I get down to 194. It will add 5 pounds to my weight. It's such a silly thing but it almost seems that I will be losing the same weight I just lost. Oh well, next month I won't even think about it anymore and have that 5 pounds off plus a little more.

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. I want to get to a place where holidays are more focused on family and friends than on food. I know that will come with time. What do you think Joe? I know everyone is different but as far as food is concerned, do you think of your meal on a holiday any different than you think of it any other day? You've been doing OMAD a long time and I wondered when that changed for you.

• arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    Way to go!
  • sun_cat
    sun_cat Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Hi Linda, I'm with you on the holiday food thing. My family agrees with me, though, so that helps. This year for Thanksgiving we decided to ditch other people's traditions and rewrite them to suit ourselves. In fact, we had Chinese takeaway in a hotel room this year.
  • mittenswillet
    mittenswillet Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    wow awesome loss Grace!!! <3<3
  • OMADing1
    Options
    11/26/2016 - Weight 196.0 - Loss 1.5 pounds
    Total loss: 35.5 pounds

I didn't get to post yesterday. It was a crazy day. I have lost 1.5 pounds this past week. I didn't lose anything the last time I weighed so I'm happy with the loss. I keep thinking about the new scale I'm going to be using once I get down to 194. It will add 5 pounds to my weight. It's such a silly thing but it almost seems that I will be losing the same weight I just lost. Oh well, next month I won't even think about it anymore and have that 5 pounds off plus a little more.

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. I want to get to a place where holidays are more focused on family and friends than on food. I know that will come with time. What do you think Joe? I know everyone is different but as far as food is concerned, do you think of your meal on a holiday any different than you think of it any other day? You've been doing OMAD a long time and I wondered when that changed for you.

Linda, you are doing so very well, your lost this week is simply beautiful...just like YOU! You are so inspirational to me <3
  • SavedByGrace26356
    Options
    wow awesome loss Grace!!! <3<3

Thank you Kitty!

• SavedByGrace26356
    Options
    Thank you 'E'. ;)
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options

Very good question. The answer is, no, holidays are no different. Even holiday foods get old with me real fast and I'm ready super-quick for just another day. Getting together with family is great, but something comes over me that makes me less food-focused. It's like my mind doesn't tie in with everyone else's. To me, they are really just an expensive pain in the butt.