gorilita Posts: 80 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    What's your new macros? [/quote]

It's
    25% carbs
    40% protein
    35% fat

I am trying it out. It may need some tweaking.

What I meant in my previous post was that I
    Have trouble putting meals together to actually end up with this split (or grams per macro) at the end of the day. Just looking for a method. It was so easy on keto. Now I end up with too much protein or too much fat.
  • MoonKat7
    MoonKat7 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    gorilita wrote: »
    What's your new macros?

It's
    25% carbs
    40% protein
    35% fat

I am trying it out. It may need some tweaking.

What I meant in my previous post was that I
    Have trouble putting meals together to actually end up with this split (or grams per macro) at the end of the day. Just looking for a method. It was so easy on keto. Now I end up with too much protein or too much fat. [/quote]

That's what the g/LM is for. That's how I know how many grams and which percentage then I start making the meal plan. If I understood your question right or if you mean like the meal plan planning

I use both a pen and a paper with my fitness pal and plan a sample day for rest day and for workout days.
    Rest days have lower carbs. I don't change the protein and fat.
    Most of my carbs around my workout time, pre and post and the meal after the post workout. The closer it get to the bed time less carbs and more pure protein like egg white.
    For veggies for example I have 3 meals that include veggies so I devide the total grams of veggies I will eat per day on the 3 meals.
    You have to plan a day or two a head and then it will be your everyday.

If this wasn't your question let us know :)
  • gorilita
    Options

If this wasn't your question let us know :)[/quote]

Yes it was. I guess like uou say it'll become easier with time because I stick to the same kinds of food really. What do you do on your refeed day?
  • gorilita
    Options

Just did mine yesterday. 1000g of carbs in 24 hours is not easy when you minimize simple sugar intake. My god, the bagel carnage was glorious.[/quote]

1G grams of carbs. Can't even imagine how you accomplished that. Curious, how do you feel today?
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options

1G grams of carbs. Can't even imagine how you accomplished that. Curious, how do you feel today?

Pretty amazing. Lifts all went well, and other than a bit of excessive subdermal water retention, I was spot on. In retrospect, I probably should have clipped about 150g off of the total to prevent that.

It's pretty amusing to gain 15 pounds in 36 hours and have even more vascularity popping than when you went to sleep.

ETA: my diary is public if you want to see how I did it.
  • MoonKat7
    Options

If this wasn't your question let us know :)

Yes it was. I guess like uou say it'll become easier with time because I stick to the same kinds of food really. What do you do on your refeed day?[/quote]

For me the refeed day is still new to me. I don't usually do refeed days bec I have gluten allergies so always did low carb but with this new diet refeed day include fruit, pasta made from quinoa or brown rice, oat bran (not oatmeal).
    I'll let you know in the coming days.

1 g per 1 lbs of lean muscle so around 120-130g carbs but I like Gallowmere's way of keeping it at 100g. I might do that, will see how will fit my new diet.

But see the carbs in my case is 50% from veggies. Fruit only allowed on refeed day unless if it's blue berry and post workout.
  • Gallowmere1984
    edited November 2016
    Options
    MoonKat7 wrote: »

For me the refeed day is still new to me. I don't usually do refeed days bec I have gluten allergies so always did low carb but with this new diet refeed day include fruit, pasta made from quinoa or brown rice, oat bran (not oatmeal).

1 g per 1 lbs of lean muscle so around 120-130g carbs but I like Gallowmere's way of keeping it at 100g. I might do that, will see how will fit my new diet.

But see the carbs in my case is 50% from veggies. Fruit only allowed on refeed day unless if it's blue berry and post workout.

It wasn't 100. You missed a zero. One-thousand.
  • MoonKat7
    Options

I thought you said carbs 100g base??
  • Gallowmere1984
    Options

I thought you said carbs 100g base??

Ohhhh, yeah for the general setup, I did. I thought you were talking about my refeed, which is where the conversation had evolved to. Sorry for any confusion my post may have caused.

The 100g base in my setup, which is based upon a "maintenance recovery" calculator by Lyle McDonald for coming off RFL is for a relatively sedentary person though. The more active a person is, the more it skews toward carb and away from fat. There's just a bottomout failsafe made into it, in order to allow for sufficient EFAs on a daily basis.
  • MoonKat7
    Options
    So happy my calculations were wrong I don't need to eat 5 lbs veggies but 2.4 lbs that's better lol
  • MoonKat7
    Options
    Weigh in day. Lost 4 lbs in one week. I'm sure half that is water.
  • gorilita
    Options
    Weigh in day. Lost 4 lbs in one week. I'm sure half that is water.
    I am sure it still feels great. Congrats. No movement on the scale for me.
  • treehugnmama
    treehugnmama Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    wow still impressive...good for you moonkat! so I guess the new plan is working for you.

I lost 0.2 this week but I'll take it... I had little sleep last night and 5 shots of rum and I ate whole lemon with it to be healthy ;) IT'S A ONCE a year thing and I had a blast with my girls. we made chocolate suckers and I didn't eat any! I call it a win!.
  • MoonKat7
    Options
    Yes the new diet is working. If you like veggies I recommend it. I feel good and I'm seeing changes in my tummy.

I haven't reach my veggies goal of 2.4 lbs but I'm eating at least one lbs of veggies a day. I'm full and I feel good I have energy. My refeed day is on Tuesdays but I need to figure it out.

I made shirataki noodles yesterday with 100g green peas and 100g eye of round. Some spices. It taste good.
  • treehugnmama
    Options
    good glad you liked the noodles...I might try them again. I love veggies and don't limit mine but my intake has been down
  • MoonKat7
    Options
    Down another lbs this morning :)
  • treehugnmama
    Options
    woohooo great job!!! your body is loving the extra veggies!.

I am getting super excited to do my measurements!
  • Gallowmere1984
    Options
    Going to be interested to see exactly where my bodyweight falls, now that I've finally figured out what was screwing me on refeeds. Got so used to the keto "moar sodium" ways, that I completely missed the fact that last Sunday, Monday and Tuesday put over 22g of Sodium into me, with 12 of it being on Monday. All the water retention. Good thing I'm rapidly figuring out how to get rid of it. Watching the scale jump 17 lbs. and my abs disappear in five days was freaking me right the hell out, even if I knew it wasn't fat gain.
  • treehugnmama
    Options
    I'm super excited bought a weight bench and 100 lbs of weight yesterday!!

I have no idea what to do with it so it's a learning curve for sure. will put it together tonight and start tomorrow....pending me fighting of this virus in the next 24 hours.

hope everyone is having a good week.

gallowmere I hope you found your abs
  • gorilita
    Options
    Hope you fight this virus off treehugnmamma. New equipment - How exciting!!! Just don't grab the 100lb right out of the gate ;-)

My week is going well so far. Got up early yesterday and today to do some cardio. Strength in the afternoon. I have to say that I am hungrier being off keto with the same calorie intake. Still getting used to the new set up.