Linda (SavedByGrace) OMAD

Options

Replies

• DebSozo
    DebSozo Posts: 2,578 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Hi Deb.....The interesting thing about weight loss is how different people react to the scale and also why some programs work for some people and not others...

Different strokes for different folks. Whatever works is what you have to follow. Have a great day!!

I would love to take a break from the scale. I do get frustrated when the number doesn't budge or it goes up. For me, it takes a very long to lose, and that is what stresses me out the most.
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    I like the scale. Weight fluctuates. If we take a measurement at a peak and don't see the fluctuation because of it, that could be discouraging also. If I take a lot of measurements and nothing is happening weight-wise, I know it's time to make a change. To each their own though.
  • SavedByGrace26356
    SavedByGrace26356 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Another pound and a half to lose before I'll be changing to my new digital scales.

Since it weighs 5 pounds heavier than my old scales, I wanted wait and lose enough so when I stepped on the new scales I wouldn't weigh over 200 pounds. It is just a little set back but I'll lose the 5 pounds in no time.
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    OMADing1 wrote: »

Yes ma'am, WOW!!!! I love it! We are doing it and will continue to do it no matter what. NO more excuses, NO more pity parties, NO more I can't, period. Ya know what I had the NERVE to do yesterday?!? I bought a size LARGE coat, now I haven't been able to put my HAND in a size large in YEARS. My daughter said the coat looked really cute on me. Now I can't button that bad boy up yet, at all--BUT, it fit my arms, shoulders, and everything except I couldn't even BEGIN to button it up. It was cold in the mall and I forgot my sweater, so my daughter and the sales person said it looked cute on me, so I bought it for the sleeves and over-all fit, BUT the main reason I bought it was because I said by December, I shall SURELY be able to button it up. I'm using that coat as an advance reward and motivational something or other. So, as you say, "We are doing it" and doing it we are. YAY YOU!

Did the coat get buttoned up yet? Looking for inspiration. Hope you made your goal.
  • SavedByGrace26356
    Options
    OMADing1 wrote: »

Yes ma'am, WOW!!!! I love it! We are doing it and will continue to do it no matter what. NO more excuses, NO more pity parties, NO more I can't, period. Ya know what I had the NERVE to do yesterday?!? I bought a size LARGE coat, now I haven't been able to put my HAND in a size large in YEARS. My daughter said the coat looked really cute on me. Now I can't button that bad boy up yet, at all--BUT, it fit my arms, shoulders, and everything except I couldn't even BEGIN to button it up. It was cold in the mall and I forgot my sweater, so my daughter and the sales person said it looked cute on me, so I bought it for the sleeves and over-all fit, BUT the main reason I bought it was because I said by December, I shall SURELY be able to button it up. I'm using that coat as an advance reward and motivational something or other. So, as you say, "We are doing it" and doing it we are. YAY YOU!

Did the coat get buttoned up yet? Looking for inspiration. Hope you made your goal.

Omading is on vacation and should be back on Monday. Yes, she got it buttoned!!
  • SavedByGrace26356
    Options
    Christmas can be a lonely time for me and I try to stay as busy as possible. I have eaten a light salad around 2 pm and dinner at 4 pm a few times this past week. I also had a splurge day yesterday and ate three meals. I don't believe I've gained because my clothes fit the same. I'll get back to business tomorrow.

I wish everyone a great week and I know we can get past all the upcoming holiday events without focusing too much on food. ♥ I'll be watching all of Joe's videos again to give me encouragement.
  • Anneli_F
    Anneli_F Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Videos, both Joe's and Dr Jason Fung (especially Solving the two compartment problem - why we should fast to loose weight) are really great inspirations when willpower decreases. I have never spent as much time on YouTube as I have since I started OMADing, ha ha...

How do your stomach react when you have your splurge day? It doesn't protest afterwards?
  • DebSozo
    Options
    I like Joe & Jason's videos also.
  • DebSozo
    Options
    Christmas can be a lonely time for me and I try to stay as busy as possible. I have eaten a light salad around 2 pm and dinner at 4 pm a few times this past week. I also had a splurge day yesterday and ate three meals. I don't believe I've gained because my clothes fit the same. I'll get back to business tomorrow.

I wish everyone a great week and I know we can get past all the upcoming holiday events without focusing too much on food. ♥ I'll be watching all of Joe's videos again to give me encouragement.

Great job getting back on track! Joe mentions that we can have a splurge day every 10 days. I'm having mine for Christmas Eve party with my family in Pennsylvania. I'm not going to stress before and afterward as is my usual custom. I'll plan to have one plate and no seconds for dinner. I think my tastes and appetite has gotten smaller as I'm not craving desserts/sweets and hardly miss or crave chocolate.
  • DebSozo
    Options
    Linda, a lot of people do feel lonely this time of year. It can be difficult. I hope you are able to get together with family and/or friends during this season.
  • blambo61
    Options

Wish you the best. See if you can do a service type of project this Holiday. That does me good if I'm down.
  • 1MADGIRL
    1MADGIRL Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    DebSozo wrote: »
    I think my tastes and appetite has gotten smaller as I'm not craving desserts/sweets and hardly miss or crave chocolate.

Same thing happened to me. I used to be such a chocoholic. My colleagues keep bringing chocolate to work everyday and I don't even feel deprived.

• DebSozo
    edited December 2016
    Options
    1MADGIRL wrote: »
    I think my tastes and appetite has gotten smaller as I'm not craving desserts/sweets and hardly miss or crave chocolate.

Same thing happened to me. I used to be such a chocoholic. My colleagues keep bringing chocolate to work everyday and I don't even feel deprived.

What is happening? Lol
    :D
    Seriously though, it's great to walk on by. I am surprised about this unexpected benefit.
  • SavedByGrace26356
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Anneli_F wrote: »
    Videos, both Joe's and Dr Jason Fung (especially Solving the two compartment problem - why we should fast to loose weight) are really great inspirations when willpower decreases. I have never spent as much time on YouTube as I have since I started OMADing, ha ha...

How do your stomach react when you have your splurge day? It doesn't protest afterwards?

I like Dr Fung's videos. I'll watch that one again. I know....I stick to videos when I need them.

Splurge days are fine for me because I don't overeat. I eat three meals and maybe a dessert and then back on program the next day. It takes a little more effort for me the next day following a splurge day. Meaning I get a few more hunger pains in the afternoon before my feeding window.

I have a splurge day every 2-3 weeks.
  • SavedByGrace26356
    Options

Great job getting back on track! Joe mentions that we can have a splurge day every 10 days. I'm having mine for Christmas Eve party with my family in Pennsylvania. I'm not going to stress before and afterward as is my usual custom. I'll plan to have one plate and no seconds for dinner. I think my tastes and appetite has gotten smaller as I'm not craving desserts/sweets and hardly miss or crave chocolate.

You are doing great Deb. On a splurge day you can have whatever you want throughout the day. You don't have to keep it to one plate unless you want to. Joe says it will speed up your metabolism and shake things up a bit and that's what I've found.
  • SavedByGrace26356
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Linda, a lot of people do feel lonely this time of year. It can be difficult. I hope you are able to get together with family and/or friends during this season.

Hello Deb. My family lives on the East coast and I don't leave my son on holidays. I should be fine after all these years but sometimes I do find myself moving in that direction out of the blue on Christmas. My sister moved to Las Vegas but they spend Christmas with her husband's family in Kentucky.

I'm not complaining by any means. I was just stating that I feel this way sometimes and it can play havoc with a diet. This is my first Christmas on OMAD so it makes me a little nervous but I am strong and I have been doing this eating plan for a while so I could do just fine. I'm keeping positive thoughts.

Thank you ♥
  • SavedByGrace26356
    edited December 2016
    Options
    blambo61 wrote: »

Wish you the best. See if you can do a service type of project this Holiday. That does me good if I'm down.

Thanks Bob. I plan to help at my church...toy drive and distribution.
  • SavedByGrace26356
    Options
    1MADGIRL wrote: »

That's awesome that you don't want it.

Once in a great while I'll want a taste of chocolate so I add hot chocolate to my evening meal or I'll have a couple Hershey kisses.
  • SavedByGrace26356
    Options
    12/20/16 - 1 pound loss

I weighed today and lost another pound. Yeah!! Total lost so far 36.6 pounds!!
  • blambo61
    Options
    blambo61 wrote: »

Thanks Bob. I plan to help at my church...toy drive and distribution.

Awesome!