Replies

• BJerzy
    BJerzy Posts: 1,843 Member
    Options
    All signed up for Team 3!
  • summ72
    summ72 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I signed up for team 3. Let's do this....
  • sandkp
    sandkp Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Signed up.. lets get ready team 3!!!
  • enuf2
    enuf2 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Signed up!! Woo hoo!
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    All signed up!!
  • samra338
    samra338 Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options
    I too signed up!
  • Cheriels82
    Cheriels82 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I am in too!
  • Dictorbutt
    Dictorbutt Posts: 2,172 Member
    Options
    Anyone else already getting started?

I'm doing a 21 day challenge that I set up with a friend. We did a three day cleanse/eat clean with a 30/30/30 requirement for exercise. That's 30 min cardio, 30 min Strength, and 30 min Flex. Broken up however is easiest over the 3 days (You should try to go at least 10 min if you can).
    The cleanse/eat clean is basically cutting out sugars, processed foods, carbs (simple), and salt, entirely for 3 days. -basically- We both eat pretty clean anyway so we modified. Oh and Water, Water, Water!
    The 21 Day is a bit more challenging with pop up surprise workouts! :)

Anyway, really just wanted to see what anyone else had going for prep?

Anticipating excitedly
    V
  • samra338
    Options
    I eat clean anyways so have been prelogging to ensure I stayed under and it also helps me to control my macros better.

For exercise, I usually plan for each quarter of the year...basically choose a strength program and yoga program for 30-60 minutes three days a week. And add in 2 days of cardio (walking, running, dancing or kickboxing) depending on what I feel like on the day. I am in three challenges on MFP including this one so mostly add in specific challenges issued on the cardio days. I did this from last April and found it hugely beneficial.

I haven't really started this yet this year due to an injury. I am keeping to walking and simple lower body calisthenics for at least another 4 weeks.
  • BJerzy
    BJerzy Posts: 1,843 Member
    Options
    @samra338 what do you mean that you plan for each quarter? So do you choose one strength and yoga program for three months and then change it up for another three months?

@Dictorbutt I started lifting at the gym in November and I've been running to train for my half, so yes I am super ready to get started! Mostly because I've been putting up some consistent numbers and I am ready to log them.
  • enuf2
    Options
    I have not been consistent at all. *sigh* Came back from vacation, started work again and just can't seem to find the will to start again. I took my fitbit off while on vacay. Put it back on yesterday...that's a start!! Using this week to get into a routine again before the race.
  • samra338
    Options
    BJerzy wrote: »
    @samra338 what do you mean that you plan for each quarter? So do you choose one strength and yoga program for three months and then change it up for another three months?

Yes @BJerzy As an example, for my very first 'quarter', I did the 30 day shred and 30 days of yoga with Adriene. Since it was only three days a week, I completed the yoga in the same order. I was just beginning with strength then. So did the lvl 1 for the first month, lvl 2 the second month and lvl 3 the third month.

I don't go to gym but have hand weights upto 40 lbs at home that I use. I look forward to joining a gym or at least buying adjustable dumbbells to increase my weights this year.
  • sandkp
    sandkp Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    @Dictorbutt. I'm going to have to start cold. My pre race activities consist of flights hotels cars and soccer fields. Logging miles and miles and lots of standing in the weather watching games and camps ... rain snow sun.. guess thats my prep! :# actually if you raced with me before not much has changed!
  • Cheriels82
    Cheriels82 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I have been (since last race) keeping up my regular stuff: New Rules Of lifting (started my first Hypothropy program-had done the basic etc a few times) and in between HIIT/Yoga. However eating went out the window . And since Saturday I have been sick with a mighty fever and done zip. Looking forward to that extra push/motivation
  • hawkins410
    hawkins410 Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    THE AMAZING RACE - WINTER BLITZ
    CHALLENGE
    IS ALMOST FULL!
    IF YOU HAVE NOT YET SIGNED UP, NOW IS THE TIME!

JOIN THE GROUP:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/118329-amazing-race-winter-blitz

ADD YOUR NAME TO THE SIGN-UP SPREADSHEET:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1eZ1aM12qRFOneeuK0GI7RTLeBjOuxZ-Oq5BVm4pYUFE/edit#gid=0

BOTH STEPS MUST BE COMPLETED IN ORDER TO QUALIFY!

HAPPY RACING!

:)B):)

• enuf2
    Options
    I worked out sunday and monday, AND, I logged yesterday and stayed under! Other teams...better watch out! :p Have a great day, team!